Cumby, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg i just got that funny ad!
imgadao2.gif

Well exactly, It allows me to sort of follow through with the rest of their recordings. Or at least, try to.

The record stores in Dublin.. oh my god. They had everything.. everything :drool: But I'd need to be rich to be able to afford all of the albums I wanted there.

I also got a U2 tribute album that was done acoustically by Irish artists... which is really quite good. Also a tenner. :dance:

So, I went into the living room to mooch a bit of the candy bar my mom was munching on, and she was watching Tori Spelling's reality show or whatever it was. And I kinda glanced at the TV and saw Tori and her husband and their kid.

And then as I turned away, I heard the guy go "Chiquita!"

I whipped my head around, appalled and went "Chiquita?!"

Then I saw a black chihuahua running to him and I went "Oh, it's the dog. Thank god it's the dog and not the kid."

Because with these celebrities, you just don't know.

Well exactly, It allows me to sort of follow through with the rest of their recordings. Or at least, try to.

The record stores in Dublin.. oh my god. They had everything.. everything :drool: But I'd need to be rich to be able to afford all of the albums I wanted there.

I also got a U2 tribute album that was done acoustically by Irish artists... which is really quite good. Also a tenner. :dance:

I have to say.. I quite like Message from a self-destructing turnip :lol:

Oh, that's just bizarre. :laugh:

Although I can't say I ever play it much, some of the stuff on that album is really quite peculiarly amusing.

Oh, that's just bizarre. :laugh:

Although I can't say I ever play it much, some of the stuff on that album is really quite peculiarly amusing.

I was just going to ignore that comment, but now I think you guys are talking about a song yes?

So yesterday while my mom and I were in Chicago @ Navy Pier, we were walking around and suddenly this man passed by

IMG00348.jpg

And I started cracking up and went "OMG Tina Transvesturner"

And my mom looked at me like I was insane, so I had to explain.

What made it even better is that earlier while we were driving to Chicago we drove up behind this license plate:

IMG00328.jpg

It says Proud Mary. I also laughed maniacally at that, but for some reason mom Didn't question me about that one.

So yesterday while my mom and I were in Chicago @ Navy Pier, we were walking around and suddenly this man passed by

IMG00348.jpg

And I started cracking up and went "OMG Tina Transvesturner"

And my mom looked at me like I was insane, so I had to explain.

What made it even better is that earlier while we were driving to Chicago we drove up behind this license plate:

IMG00328.jpg

It says Proud Mary. I also laughed maniacally at that, but for some reason mom Didn't question me about that one.

:laugh: Hilarity!

I was just going to ignore that comment, but now I think you guys are talking about a song yes?

Less a song and more Steven Wilson putting weird shit on tape when he was about our age and had a home studio to run amok in. And was quite probably very high.

As for starting with Porcupine Tree, I always recommend Stupid Dream. But really, Stupid Dream, Lightbulb Sun, and In Absentia are all good places to start in terms of accessibility. Or just download songs like Lazarus, Trains, Waiting, The Sound Of Muzak, Piano Lessons, and Blackest Eyes.

Not sure if they'd be your thing or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom