Cumby, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
41vX9o6fPGL._SS400_.jpg

that was fast! :lol:

i need your opinion about resumés if you don't mind :uhoh:...i was told to only include the last three jobs you had on there, but the last three jobs i've had have all been with the same company. will that look retarded?

If I can interject...

I think it looks good, it means you're valued and you can move up in a company. People like that.

If I can interject...

I think it looks good, it means you're valued and you can move up in a company. People like that.
of course you can! :D

awesome, thanks! two of them are in the same department as well, so hopefully that'll make it look better too.

it's just as well if i removed the other one as well, because i certainly wouldn't want them to try to track down my old boss from that job. i'm sure she'd give me a good recommendation because she's professional and all that, but i didn't like her :no:

i need your opinion about resumés if you don't mind :uhoh:...i was told to only include the last three jobs you had on there, but the last three jobs i've had have all been with the same company. will that look retarded?

How long have you been with the company?

For the record, for every resume rule you read, you can find something to contradict it. What if you had a 4th job years ago that gave you a skill set pertinent to the job you are applying for. Do not let the rules of resumes bog you down. Just make sure the thing reflects the breadth of your career/the skills you've acquired....and tailor the resume for the specific job you are applying for, if possible.

Good luck.

If each position at the company has been a move up, so to speak, then it actually will look good.

How long have you been with the company? Do you think the job you had prior to joining your current employer would add value?

EDIT - April and NSW pretty much said the same things.

How long have you been with the company?

For the record, for every resume rule you read, you can find something to contradict it. What if you had a 4th job years ago that gave you a skill set pertinent to the job you are applying for. Do not let the rules of resumes bog you down. Just make sure the thing reflects the breadth of your career/the skills you've acquired....and tailor the resume for the specific job you are applying for, if possible.

Good luck.
hey, it's no problem. you know i don't mind your input, being an important head honcho and all :wink:

to answer yours and phanan's question, i've worked with this company for nearly 2 1/2 years.

luckily, the past three jobs i've had are the most applicable for the job i'm wanting to apply for.

If each position at the company has been a move up, so to speak, then it actually will look good.

How long have you been with the company? Do you think the job you had prior to joining your current employer would add value?

EDIT - April and NSW pretty much said the same things.
oh yeah. the first job i had was basically entry level crap, then i transferred to this department. then i got a promotion. this department i'm in now at least seems to be pretty similar to the department of the job i'd want to apply for.

and nah, not really. although if i was applying for something in data entry, then i'd be good for including that :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom