Cumby, Texas Superthread - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-23-2008, 03:48 AM   #16
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,032
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Puns are always terrible, but I love them anyway.
I miss my Grandpa. His puns were the absolute WORST. But they were so incredibly lame and terrible that they usually had everybody in fits of laughter. One of my primary school teachers was just as bad too. I love people like that.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:51 AM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
And even though we aren't blitzing through threads quite as fast as we were, we've still managed to do nineteen threads in the last month.

Meanwhile, I see the "type the first thing that comes into your head" thread is only just now at its twentieth thread ever.
You mean this isn't a type the first thing that comes into your head thread, you wanker?
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:53 AM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 05:01 AM
I always come up with the worst puns - UNINTENTIONALLY.

A few weeks ago in a discussion about bio-fuels destroying rainforests and food crops i said that the bio-fuel lobby are unable to see the forest for the trees, and then proceeded to
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:53 AM   #19
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,032
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
You mean this isn't a type the first thing that comes into your head thread, you wanker?
I wonder what I should have for dinner.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:53 AM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 08:01 AM
George Carlin died?! This is so sad
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:54 AM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I miss my Grandpa. His puns were the absolute WORST. But they were so incredibly lame and terrible that they usually had everybody in fits of laughter. One of my primary school teachers was just as bad too. I love people like that.
Reminds me of a really amazing lame joke my friend told me.


Know why they call them cell phones?
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:54 AM   #22
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,032
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I always come up with the worst puns - UNINTENTIONALLY.

A few weeks ago in a discussion about bio-fuels destroying rainforests and food crops i said that the bio-fuel lobby are unable to see the forest for the trees, and then proceeded to


My worst example of that was after being told the story of a guy who got struck by lightning, I blurted out "that's shocking!"
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:54 AM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 05:01 AM
I haven't had dinner, i had a burger for lunch though.

Maybe i'll have some crackers.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:55 AM   #24
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,032
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Reminds me of a really amazing lame joke my friend told me.


Know why they call them cell phones?
Oh here we go, why?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:55 AM   #25
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 08:01 AM
Cause there's more then one of them
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:56 AM   #26
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,032
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I haven't had dinner, i had a burger for lunch though.

Maybe i'll have some crackers.
I bought a slice of pizza at uni after my exam because my stomach had been growling at me insistently for about the second half of my exam. But now I'm hungry again and can't be arsed cooking.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:58 AM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post


My worst example of that was after being told the story of a guy who got struck by lightning, I blurted out "that's shocking!"


I think the best article title i've ever read on leagueunlimited was one i came up with. It was last year after Andrew Johns (the league player, not the tourist) got arrested for having an ecstasy tablet on him in London. His former team had been having a terrible end to the year....they won their final game and i suggested the headline "Agony turns to ecstasy for Knights". It got a bit of angry reaction, so i decided i'd succeeded.

Another favourite i came up with was when Alan Tongue scored a late try to give the Canberra Raiders a win - "Tongue action scores late Raider win"
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:58 AM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I bought a slice of pizza at uni after my exam because my stomach had been growling at me insistently for about the second half of my exam. But now I'm hungry again and can't be arsed cooking.
You don't keep crackers or biscuits around the place?
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 04:02 AM   #29
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,032
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Cause there's more then one of them
Alright, I'm having a dim moment and don't get it.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 04:02 AM   #30
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,032
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post


I think the best article title i've ever read on leagueunlimited was one i came up with. It was last year after Andrew Johns (the league player, not the tourist) got arrested for having an ecstasy tablet on him in London. His former team had been having a terrible end to the year....they won their final game and i suggested the headline "Agony turns to ecstasy for Knights". It got a bit of angry reaction, so i decided i'd succeeded.

Another favourite i came up with was when Alan Tongue scored a late try to give the Canberra Raiders a win - "Tongue action scores late Raider win"
Both of those are awesome, but especially the Knights one.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com