Cumbum Superthread - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-21-2008, 06:15 AM   #781
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Shore City
Posts: 41,079
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


It's like they looked at the Tour de France, saw the whole yellow jersey thing, and tried to figure out how to transfer it to cricket without actually contemplating whether or not that's actually a good idea.
I genuinely can't wait to see the next stupid idea.
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is online now  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:15 AM   #782
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Stopping smoking:

But why drinking too?

drinking affects my BMI


and my liver. not good. any small knock or bump gives me massive bruising. so its good for my body to quit. not so good for my mind though .
__________________

__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:17 AM   #783
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Shore City
Posts: 41,079
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Do you know if the NPC plans to continue doing it this year? I fucking hope not. But then just about everything they've done with the NPC the last few years has been nothing short of an absolute fuck-up. This isn't the tournament that captured my imagination when I was seven.
I don't know. I don't think anyone knows.

My big question is, after seeing the crowds at Counties-Manukau games at Mt Smart, is, if Counties lose a game and nobody is around to see it, did they really lose?
__________________
coolian2 is online now  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:17 AM   #784
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 147,295
Local Time: 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


I genuinely can't wait to see the next stupid idea.
They keep gibbering about some "DLF Maximum Sixes" award, but I've no fucking idea what exactly the award is. I've at least worked out that it goes to whoever hits the most sixes. I think.
__________________
Axver is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:18 AM   #785
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Shore City
Posts: 41,079
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Shit, not putting that lazy $5 on Canberra is looking like a bigger mistake all the time.
__________________
coolian2 is online now  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:19 AM   #786
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Shore City
Posts: 41,079
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


They keep gibbering about some "DLF Maximum Sixes" award, but I've no fucking idea what exactly the award is. I've at least worked out that it goes to whoever hits the most sixes. I think.
That might just settle it. As soon as this game finishes i'm going to go to sleep and set my alarm to watch the game that's on in a few hours here.
__________________
coolian2 is online now  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #787
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 147,295
Local Time: 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen



drinking affects my BMI


and my liver. not good. any small knock or bump gives me massive bruising. so its good for my body to quit. not so good for my mind though .
Well, those are good reasons. But it'll seem just a bit peculiar on Friday if we decide to do dinner or something after U2 3D/before PT and I get booze and you don't!
__________________
Axver is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #788
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Shore City
Posts: 41,079
Local Time: 09:48 AM
OH WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING CANBERRA, YOU'RE KILLING ME.
__________________
coolian2 is online now  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #789
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Shore City
Posts: 41,079
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Oh phew, the try wasn't given.
__________________
coolian2 is online now  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 AM   #790
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 147,295
Local Time: 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


That might just settle it. As soon as this game finishes i'm going to go to sleep and set my alarm to watch the game that's on in a few hours here.
There are also CHEERLEADERS.

For CRICKET.

CHEERLEADERS.

WHAT THE FUCK, PEOPLE.
__________________
Axver is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:22 AM   #791
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Shore City
Posts: 41,079
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


There are also CHEERLEADERS.

For CRICKET.

CHEERLEADERS.

WHAT THE FUCK, PEOPLE.
Sounds like the skimpy dressed male and female dancers at South African Twenty20 games.
__________________
coolian2 is online now  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:23 AM   #792
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 147,295
Local Time: 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


I don't know. I don't think anyone knows.

My big question is, after seeing the crowds at Counties-Manukau games at Mt Smart, is, if Counties lose a game and nobody is around to see it, did they really lose?
My father made similar comments all through the last season. It sounded dire. Fuck, it sounded like Buller and Poverty Bay were doing a better job pulling crowds than Counties!
__________________
Axver is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:23 AM   #793
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Well, those are good reasons. But it'll seem just a bit peculiar on Friday if we decide to do dinner or something after U2 3D/before PT and I get booze and you don't!
i can guarantee you i am 100% sure i will be drinking by friday.

otherwise the likelyhood of a homicide is very very high.
__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:24 AM   #794
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 06:18 AM
cheerleaders at cricket? wtf. like cheerleaders at AFL . doesn't work.
__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:24 AM   #795
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 147,295
Local Time: 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen


i can guarantee you i am 100% sure i will be drinking by friday.

otherwise the likelyhood of a homicide is very very high.
I knew it.

How long do you think this will last? i.e. are you at least going to do better than my aunt, who will have a shocking hangover in the morning, vow to never drink again, and get pissed by 8pm that night?
__________________

__________________
Axver is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com