Cumbum Superthread - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2008, 12:58 AM   #691
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
I watched with the commentaries on the DVDs. The episode where Bart steals that copy of Bonestorm is an amazing one. Homer's rant in that is probably top 10 all-time material for me:

"How could you?! Haven't you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church? Captain Whatshisname? We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those 'Police Academy' movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing! Did you?! Except at that guy who made sound effects. [Homer makes some and laughs to himself] Where was I? Oh yeah. Stay out of my booze!"

Are the DVDs worth getting/downloading?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-21-2008, 12:59 AM   #692
The Male

Local Time: 12:14 AM
Trolling? No.

Mocking? Yes.

But only in that one line referencing gherman's ridiculous thread. It was on-topic and was a spinoff of a thread that was left open. Nothing to get terribly upset about, but I'm not surprised it was closed; it was idiotic, I'll concede.

Now.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:59 AM   #693
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:14 AM

oh fuck, i took too long to post.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:00 AM   #694
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
dr. dré, what do you know! i'm burning a dvd as we speak! the question is though (basically whether or not i can help you) are you wanting to burn it on a mac or pc? cuz i know how to do it on a mac since i'm doing one now, but i'm pretty sure i know how to do it on a pc.
I'll be doing it on my PC, as I don't think my Mac can actually burn DVDs. I think it can just burn CDs. Though if it CAN burn DVDs, that would be preferable.

I know it won't be too hard to re-learn how to burn DVDs on the PC. I used to do it all the time; I've got Nero. What I mainly can't recall is how I ripped DVDs to my computer in the first place.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-21-2008, 01:00 AM   #695
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Are the DVDs worth getting/downloading?
Absolutely. I love them. They're like $30 here, and they come with better picture, the episodes in their entirety (no syndication cuts), commentaries for every episode, and 10-20 minutes of deleted scenes.

Now.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:02 AM   #696
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Absolutely. I love them. They're like $30 here, and they come with better picture, the episodes in their entirety (no syndication cuts), commentaries for every episode, and 10-20 minutes of deleted scenes.
Ooh, awesome. I saw one for season ... 6? in a shop for about $37 a couple of weeks ago but I'm a stinge and I didn't want to spend the money.

I need to figure out why the fuck my external hard drive is no longer recognised by my PC, get it fixed, and go on a downloading binge.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-21-2008, 01:02 AM   #697
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
What I mainly can't recall is how I ripped DVDs to my computer in the first place.
OHHHHHHHHH.

i use handbrake, which is pc compatible as well
Old 04-21-2008, 01:05 AM   #698
The Male

Quote:

Ooh, awesome. I saw one for season ... 6? in a shop for about $37 a couple of weeks ago but I'm a stinge and I didn't want to spend the money.

I need to figure out why the fuck my external hard drive is no longer recognised by my PC, get it fixed, and go on a downloading binge.
I got seasons 1 and 6 for Christmas one year because they were being sold in a 2-for-1 deal at $40. Look for things like that and it'll become more reasonable to you.

The external hard drive issue is a big reason of why I don't have one. My USB port is all screwed up, and I don't want to have something similar happen with an external hard drive.

Now.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:09 AM   #699
Vocal parasite

Quote:

OHHHHHHHHH.

i use handbrake, which is pc compatible as well
Ah, cool, I'll check that out then.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-21-2008, 01:11 AM   #700
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
go to utilities, open disk util....oh wait you can't do that because you use your pc!

i've only ever used external hard drives on macs, but my parents have one on their pc, but they don't have any issues. have you tried uhhh...:has no clue: switching your cables to see if the usb (or firewire, whichever you used) is bad? or checked to see if the cable itself isn't frayed or something?

you could try switching the hard drive to a different open port on your computer, and rebooting. if it recognises it, then the port it had been plugged in might be the problem. you can try plugging something else in there, like if it's a usb port, try plugging a mouse in there or something.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:11 AM   #701
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I got seasons 1 and 6 for Christmas one year because they were being sold in a 2-for-1 deal at $40. Look for things like that and it'll become more reasonable to you.

The external hard drive issue is a big reason of why I don't have one. My USB port is all screwed up, and I don't want to have something similar happen with an external hard drive.
Wow, that is a good deal. DVDs are rather unfortunately a bit pricey here - the $37 deal was a special. When I was in the US in 2005, I deliberately bought up on DVDs as they were so much cheaper.

My external hard drive still works without any issues on my Mac, and every other USB device works on the Windows. I'm rather baffled.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-21-2008, 01:11 AM   #702
The Male

This paragraph for the fake DI list is quite entertaining. It starts off as a normal enough description, but degrades into this surreal combination of Shakespeare and a thesaurus. It doesn't make sense at all. And that's why I'm keeping it.

Now.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:13 AM   #703
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

where is my pie!

brb
Old 04-21-2008, 01:13 AM   #704
Vocal parasite

Quote:

go to utilities, open disk util....oh wait you can't do that because you use your pc!

i've only ever used external hard drives on macs, but my parents have one on their pc, but they don't have any issues. have you tried uhhh...:has no clue: switching your cables to see if the usb (or firewire, whichever you used) is bad? or checked to see if the cable itself isn't frayed or something?

you could try switching the hard drive to a different open port on your computer, and rebooting. if it recognises it, then the port it had been plugged in might be the problem. you can try plugging something else in there, like if it's a usb port, try plugging a mouse in there or something.
Well, the drive works fine on the Mac, so I'm thinking the cable must be OK (though I have no other cable of the same type to use). And I've tried it on multiple ports on the PC, all of which my iPod and mouse work fine on, and it hasn't been recognised. So ... consider me baffled!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 AM   #705
Vocal parasite

Quote:
This paragraph for the fake DI list is quite entertaining. It starts off as a normal enough description, but degrades into this surreal combination of Shakespeare and a thesaurus. It doesn't make sense at all. And that's why I'm keeping it.
This sounds like many different kinds of awesome.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread