Cumbum Superthread - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #676
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

hmmm...i don't remember what that song sounds like really...but i don't like most of their songs so it probably does suck.
It's the one where some woman wails and screeches at the top of her lungs while the band play an otherwise good instrumental.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #677
Vocal parasite

Quote:
btw why is last.fm not working stupid power outages
I haven't been able to update mine for aaages because my Mac won't connect to the Internet.

I bet when it finally does, I'll have about 2 months of submissions go in all at once or something.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-21-2008, 12:12 AM   #678
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:39 AM
Hey cats, what's cookin'?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:14 AM   #679
Vocal parasite

Bonnie! Haven't seen you for ages around here. How have you been?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-21-2008, 12:19 AM   #680
Blue Crack Addict

Been good thanks, Axxo! I have been busy lately, my sister's only here for another week or so, and I went over to Eyre Peninsula to see my cousins on the weekend. Always interesting, they live in what I consider to be the bible-belting area of Australia, all small, deserted towns where church or saturday sports are the only meeting points. It was a weird change of pace for me, but the people are good value so I didn't mind.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:26 AM   #681
Vocal parasite

Ah, I assumed you were busy along those lines. Glad to hear you're having a good time.

See, all I know about the Eyre Peninsula is that it's got some neat trains! Yeah, what a surprise for me to say that ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #682
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, we did go past a few train tracks, actually. There's one right near my uncle's farm.

I thought the holidays would mean more time on the internet, but rather the opposite. Ah well. I'll spend more hours here when I've got a 10,000 word essay due, I'm sure of it.

And I hate to ask, since I imagine it can be annoying, but exactly which bootlegs have you found? Even if it's just a few, I'm happy to do the trade, depending on which ones they are.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:33 AM   #683
Vocal parasite

I believe they're all there, actually. Now the challenge is remembering how to burn DVDs!

And while I expected my posting here to go down this month with all the uni work I have to do, the uni work has bored the shit out of me so I've just posted more!

By the way, you might want to check your e-mails as I just sent you something.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-21-2008, 12:40 AM   #684
The Male

Local Time: 08:09 AM
Hey guys. I just spent the last two hours watching Simpsons episodes and eating peanut butter. Weekends...

Now.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:43 AM   #685
Vocal parasite

The Simpsons episode broadcast here last night was a stupid modern one.

The one where they go to Africa. Ugh, it's so stereotypical and illogical and not funny.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-21-2008, 12:49 AM   #686
The Male

I watched with the commentaries on the DVDs. The episode where Bart steals that copy of Bonestorm is an amazing one. Homer's rant in that is probably top 10 all-time material for me:

"How could you?! Haven't you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church? Captain Whatshisname? We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those 'Police Academy' movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing! Did you?! Except at that guy who made sound effects. [Homer makes some and laughs to himself] Where was I? Oh yeah. Stay out of my booze!"

Now.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #687
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:09 AM
dr. dré, what do you know! i'm burning a dvd as we speak! the question is though (basically whether or not i can help you) are you wanting to burn it on a mac or pc? cuz i know how to do it on a mac since i'm doing one now, but i'm pretty sure i know how to do it on a pc.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #688
The Male

Aww...the refrigerator thread was closed. Bloody hell. And the crappy threads it's parodying were left open?!

Now.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:54 AM   #689
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:09 AM
sicy posted in here earlier (i didn't even see the thread until after it was closed) that it wasn't allowed since it was trolling, mocking members, etc.

to be honest, i can't say i blame her. i know that makes me come off like a wet blanket, but i know my feelings would get hurt if i came across a thread and saw people making fun of me.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:58 AM   #690
Vocal parasite

Quote:
sicy posted in here earlier (i didn't even see the thread until after it was closed) that it wasn't allowed since it was trolling, mocking members, etc.

to be honest, i can't say i blame her. i know that makes me come off like a wet blanket, but i know my feelings would get hurt if i came across a thread and saw people making fun of me.
What I don't get is why ZooMacPhisto's thread is still going, or why he hasn't been banned yet. I mean, it's more than obvious he's a troll.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread