Cumbum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

:lmao: Wow, people actually do the 'pacific' for 'specific' thing? I mean, I've heard it mentioned by other people as a pet peeve, but I can't say I've encountered somebody do it.

So is Ballarat Uni more like Boganrat Uni or something?

one of my biiiiig pet peeves , there is another one but i cant think of what it is , oh yes it i can its "aks " instead of "ask".

its a mix of bogans/ and country hicks. :shudder: makes geelong look "like the big smoke"

coolian2 said:

Only a few more similar efforts before i go to Wellington on Wednesday and it won't be so hard to catch up when i get back.

How long are you going away for?

I'm off to Sydney on 26/04 and will be there for 24 hours without Internet access, then I spend 27-29/04 on the Gold Coast, where I'll have the 'net but won't be online so much.

coolian2 said:
Congradulations. I can't bear that. It drove me mad when senior staff members at my school used to say it.

I'm still trying to figure out where the fuck Oostrayyyaaa is.

mysterious_jen said:

one of my biiiiig pet peeves , there is another one but i cant think of what it is , oh yes it i can its "aks " instead of "ask".

its a mix of bogans/ and country hicks. :shudder: makes geelong look "like the big smoke"

"Could/should/would of" instead of "have" is probably the one that bugs me the most.

Yikes. See, Melbourne Uni for the win. :wink:

Axver said:

How long are you going away for?

I'm off to Sydney on 26/04 and will be there for 24 hours without Internet access, then I spend 27-29/04 on the Gold Coast, where I'll have the 'net but won't be online so much.

I'm gone from the 23rd to the 28th, but i have uni stuff on the night of the 28th and on the 29th plus U23D on the 30th.

I'll try to get online a bit while i'm away.

Now time to cook dinner. More of that bloody gnocchi napoli.

Axver, for the record, my record in a thread was 343. And I also have second place at 336.

Anyway, I resent Varitek's comment in the last thread about me posting incessantly even when other people are around. If the people posting at the time are going to say random facts that don't interest me, I'm not going to respond to them. If there's a large group (ie, more than one or two slow posters), I don't do that.

I went through and read Axver's assessment of Phanan's playlist, and I gotta say I agree with it. I think Phanan's got the best playlist (besides, of course, my own!) that I've listened to, so far.

Well, anyway, it's dead in here, so I think I'm gonna duck out. See ya tomorrow!

the tourist said:
Axver, for the record, my record in a thread was 343. And I also have second place at 336.

Do you remember Kim's record? She beat yours then you beat it with those 336 and 343 totals. I'd like to know if I beat her with my 318 or not. I seem to remember she hit 309?

the tourist said:
I went through and read Axver's assessment of Phanan's playlist, and I gotta say I agree with it. I think Phanan's got the best playlist (besides, of course, my own!) that I've listened to, so far.

Yeah, phanan's is an absolutely phenomenal effort. I didn't think anyone would top Screwtape's, but he has.

I hope they don't ever face off against each other because I've no idea how I'd vote against Screwtape's awesome tracklist. But it would be a dream final ...

Ian, just saw some league highlights on SBS. After covering the Warriors' loss, they remarked that "Sonny Bill Williams was all class, unlike his countrymen". But no lame "out of puff" cliches or anything.

Also, Newcastle and North Queensland both have really ugly heritage shirts. Newcastle's in particular is dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom