Cumbum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Incidentally, I hear a short branch railway is being built off the Southern line into central Manukau. Now, here in Melbourne, we have a train from Frankston to Stony Point nicknamed the Feral Flyer. I expect this nickname to very quickly cross the Tasman to be applied to the Manukau trains.

:laugh:

No trouble.

coolian2 said:

:lol: I was going to note the presence of rugby cheerleaders but i knew you HAD to be joking.

But yeah, i can understand cheerleading from a professional dancing standpoint, in that it's better to dance in front of people than an empty gym. The TV show about the Warriors cheerleaders last year affirmed that view.

There were cheerleaders when i first started going to the Warriors. Then they disappeared for a few years and they came back last year.

It actually does improve the pre-game experience. Instead of going through some silly competition and sitting and waiting for 10 minutes for the teams to come out there is constantly something happening.

Unless I'm grossly mistaken, I at least haven't seen cheerleaders in the international rugby fixtures - which is all I get to see nowadays. Obviously tournaments below that level are another story.

Now, I just think cheerleading is rubbish. It looks daft and appeals to the most base demographic. If you want to do professional dancing, go do something that can be taken seriously. Cheerleading's like coming to Melbourne University and taking the course entitled "Great Moments In Australian Sport". Come the fuck on.

Axver said:

Unless I'm grossly mistaken, I at least haven't seen cheerleaders in the international rugby fixtures - which is all I get to see nowadays. Obviously tournaments below that level are another story.

Now, I just think cheerleading is rubbish. It looks daft and appeals to the most base demographic. If you want to do professional dancing, go do something that can be taken seriously. Cheerleading's like coming to Melbourne University and taking the course entitled "Great Moments In Australian Sport". Come the fuck on.

Super 14. The Blues cheerleaders are used as a major advertising point. I agree that in terms of it being professional dancing, it is to be laughed at. Professional dancing = fine. Cheerleading as professional dancing = you're having a laugh.

I feel better about it knowing the Warriors don't rely on advertising cheerleaders to pull people to games.

Fuck that. I don't think i've ever seen the Warriors advertising.

Originally posted by Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in glueys IQ thread

I agree with you! I don't hate any U2 song, but there is some I like less. Why do so many people use the word hate, hate is such a strong word.

Bono's voice is bad? :laugh:

He must read these threads.

coolian2 said:

Super 14. The Blues cheerleaders are used as a major advertising point. I agree that in terms of it being professional dancing, it is to be laughed at. Professional dancing = fine. Cheerleading as professional dancing = you're having a laugh.

I feel better about it knowing the Warriors don't rely on advertising cheerleaders to pull people to games.

Fuck that. I don't think i've ever seen the Warriors advertising.

Yeah, as I said, levels below international are another story. I wasn't sure if you just meant Super 14 or the NPC too. I haven't seen an NPC game in ... possibly seven or so years.

:lol: Are the Blues getting desperate or something?

Axver said:

Yeah, as I said, levels below international are another story. I wasn't sure if you just meant Super 14 or the NPC too. I haven't seen an NPC game in ... possibly seven or so years.

:lol: Are the Blues getting desperate or something?

If the Warriors had retained their form from late last year they would be outdrawing the Blues right now, mark my words.

So yeah, they're a bit desperate.

coolian2 said:

If the Warriors had retained their form from late last year they would be outdrawing the Blues right now, mark my words.

So yeah, they're a bit desperate.

I get the feeling the Blues are living in past glories.

It makes me laugh.

coolian2 said:

I think it's pretty close to par for the course.

Probably a touch high though, yeah.

Not a bad round for Harvey Norman to be donating $1000 a try to the NRLs One Community charities.

Given Hardly Normal's rip-off prices, I can't see them going broke at even this rate though.

Hey Jen! :hug: ... what's going on for Friday? I'm going to PT at night (when does that start?) but I'm up for some U23Ding earlier in the day if you're going...

How was your weekend?

Oh shit, I'm missing Good News Week! :banghead:

I need a better grasp on time ...

Alisaura said:
Hey Jen! :hug: ... what's going on for Friday? I'm going to PT at night (when does that start?) but I'm up for some U23Ding earlier in the day if you're going...

How was your weekend?

My ticket says 8:30pm for PT.

Jen mentioned U2 3D's doing a 3pm showing. So I was thinking we could do that, then dinner, then con Jen into coming along to PT?

coolian2 said:
Anyway, i'm going to try to get some sleep and wake up for the cricket.

If i don't re-appear, my alarm went off and i decided i couldn't be bothered.

Otherwise i'll be back in 3 hours.

G'night Ian, hope to see you back soon. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom