Cumbum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
I watched with the commentaries on the DVDs. The episode where Bart steals that copy of Bonestorm is an amazing one. Homer's rant in that is probably top 10 all-time material for me:

"How could you?! Haven't you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church? Captain Whatshisname? We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those 'Police Academy' movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing! Did you?! Except at that guy who made sound effects. [Homer makes some and laughs to himself] Where was I? Oh yeah. Stay out of my booze!"

:lmao:

Are the DVDs worth getting/downloading?

Trolling? No.

Mocking? Yes.

But only in that one line referencing gherman's ridiculous thread. It was on-topic and was a spinoff of a thread that was left open. Nothing to get terribly upset about, but I'm not surprised it was closed; it was idiotic, I'll concede.

KhanadaRhodes said:
dr. dré, what do you know! i'm burning a dvd as we speak! :shifty: the question is though (basically whether or not i can help you) are you wanting to burn it on a mac or pc? cuz i know how to do it on a mac since i'm doing one now, but i'm pretty sure i know how to do it on a pc.

I'll be doing it on my PC, as I don't think my Mac can actually burn DVDs. I think it can just burn CDs. Though if it CAN burn DVDs, that would be preferable.

I know it won't be too hard to re-learn how to burn DVDs on the PC. I used to do it all the time; I've got Nero. What I mainly can't recall is how I ripped DVDs to my computer in the first place.

Axver said:

:lmao:

Are the DVDs worth getting/downloading?

Absolutely. I love them. They're like $30 here, and they come with better picture, the episodes in their entirety (no syndication cuts), commentaries for every episode, and 10-20 minutes of deleted scenes.

LemonMelon said:

Absolutely. I love them. They're like $30 here, and they come with better picture, the episodes in their entirety (no syndication cuts), commentaries for every episode, and 10-20 minutes of deleted scenes.

Ooh, awesome. I saw one for season ... 6? in a shop for about $37 a couple of weeks ago but I'm a stinge and I didn't want to spend the money.

I need to figure out why the fuck my external hard drive is no longer recognised by my PC, get it fixed, and go on a downloading binge.

Axver said:
What I mainly can't recall is how I ripped DVDs to my computer in the first place.
OHHHHHHHHH.
facepalm.gif

i use handbrake, which is pc compatible as well :)

Axver said:

Ooh, awesome. I saw one for season ... 6? in a shop for about $37 a couple of weeks ago but I'm a stinge and I didn't want to spend the money.

I need to figure out why the fuck my external hard drive is no longer recognised by my PC, get it fixed, and go on a downloading binge.

I got seasons 1 and 6 for Christmas one year because they were being sold in a 2-for-1 deal at $40. Look for things like that and it'll become more reasonable to you.

The external hard drive issue is a big reason of why I don't have one. My USB port is all screwed up, and I don't want to have something similar happen with an external hard drive.

Axver said:
go to utilities, open disk util....oh wait you can't do that because you use your pc! :wink:

i've only ever used external hard drives on macs, but my parents have one on their pc, but they don't have any issues. have you tried uhhh...:has no clue: switching your cables to see if the usb (or firewire, whichever you used) is bad? or checked to see if the cable itself isn't frayed or something?

you could try switching the hard drive to a different open port on your computer, and rebooting. if it recognises it, then the port it had been plugged in might be the problem. you can try plugging something else in there, like if it's a usb port, try plugging a mouse in there or something.

LemonMelon said:

I got seasons 1 and 6 for Christmas one year because they were being sold in a 2-for-1 deal at $40. Look for things like that and it'll become more reasonable to you.

The external hard drive issue is a big reason of why I don't have one. My USB port is all screwed up, and I don't want to have something similar happen with an external hard drive.

Wow, that is a good deal. DVDs are rather unfortunately a bit pricey here - the $37 deal was a special. When I was in the US in 2005, I deliberately bought up on DVDs as they were so much cheaper.

My external hard drive still works without any issues on my Mac, and every other USB device works on the Windows. I'm rather baffled.

This paragraph for the fake DI list is quite entertaining. It starts off as a normal enough description, but degrades into this surreal combination of Shakespeare and a thesaurus. It doesn't make sense at all. And that's why I'm keeping it.

KhanadaRhodes said:

go to utilities, open disk util....oh wait you can't do that because you use your pc! :wink:

i've only ever used external hard drives on macs, but my parents have one on their pc, but they don't have any issues. have you tried uhhh...:has no clue: switching your cables to see if the usb (or firewire, whichever you used) is bad? or checked to see if the cable itself isn't frayed or something?

you could try switching the hard drive to a different open port on your computer, and rebooting. if it recognises it, then the port it had been plugged in might be the problem. you can try plugging something else in there, like if it's a usb port, try plugging a mouse in there or something.

Well, the drive works fine on the Mac, so I'm thinking the cable must be OK (though I have no other cable of the same type to use). And I've tried it on multiple ports on the PC, all of which my iPod and mouse work fine on, and it hasn't been recognised. So ... consider me baffled!

LemonMelon said:
This paragraph for the fake DI list is quite entertaining. It starts off as a normal enough description, but degrades into this surreal combination of Shakespeare and a thesaurus. It doesn't make sense at all. And that's why I'm keeping it.

This sounds like many different kinds of awesome.

Axver said:
Well, the drive works fine on the Mac, so I'm thinking the cable must be OK (though I have no other cable of the same type to use). And I've tried it on multiple ports on the PC, all of which my iPod and mouse work fine on, and it hasn't been recognised. So ... consider me baffled!
i guess i should stop fucking with your pc, then? :uhoh:

Axver said:

This sounds like many different kinds of awesome.

Here's the opening bit:

With this playlist, my intentions were to delve into the essence of being, and death of the soul involved with celebrity. The music follows suit, telling a loose story about a mouse named Richard who saves his kingdom from the evil Fire Witch and becomes a hero, but his fame destroys him. This is told quite directly in track 1. From there, he becomes nearly homicidal due to his lack of privacy and the expectations of the people. In track 3 he goes off into a psychedelic dreamworld to find the source of life and death itself. Track 4 is a surreal combination of thought and substance that never quite blossoms into something more. Yet this is beautiful. Axver helped me discover new music and admit the error of my commercial ways during the making of this list, so it may be slightly different than what you're used to hearing from me. But, rest assured, it's a sensory experience that is atmospheric, thrilling, and enlightening all at once. Please refer to the following short story for a more thorough description...

KhanadaRhodes said:
LMAO i posted the wrong smilie, in response to your post lemel. but it still cracks me up!!

:laugh: That smiley works anyway.

I like my half-assed attempt at explaining the absurdly jarring change of musical style. "Uh...Axver helped."

LemonMelon said:
:laugh: That smiley works anyway.

I like my half-assed attempt at explaining the absurdly jarring change of musical style. "Uh...Axver helped."
:hi5:

lol yeah, that was funny. it's like "hey blame him if you think it sucks or the flow is bad!"

LemonMelon said:

Here's the opening bit:

With this playlist, my intentions were to delve into the essence of being, and death of the soul involved with celebrity. The music follows suit, telling a loose story about a mouse named Richard who saves his kingdom from the evil Fire Witch and becomes a hero, but his fame destroys him. This is told quite directly in track 1. From there, he becomes nearly homicidal due to his lack of privacy and the expectations of the people. In track 3 he goes off into a psychedelic dreamworld to find the source of life and death itself. Track 4 is a surreal combination of thought and substance that never quite blossoms into something more. Yet this is beautiful. Axver helped me discover new music and admit the error of my commercial ways during the making of this list, so it may be slightly different than what you're used to hearing from me. But, rest assured, it's a sensory experience that is atmospheric, thrilling, and enlightening all at once. Please refer to the following short story for a more thorough description...

This is fucking hilarious! :lmao:

Ah shit, I need to run off to uni now. I'll be back in a few hours. :wave:

"I'm a rodent. Not one of great importance, though we rarely attempt to reach such great heights. Eating out of the trash and observing man do as they please, filthy wretches they are...They think I want cheese, but I want love. The love of a woman. Orgasm. Melanathia is my home. It is beautiful. As beautiful as life can be. It floats in the sky, or so it feels to me. We live in pure moisture; the clouds. Storms rumble below us, so we do not feel them. But they're there. Man is the creator of death and disenchantment. But they don't believe me. I don't believe me. Who am I?

In my apathetic delirium I once propped my head up and saw a strangely-shaped cloud. It wasn't of anvil or penis. Neither cheese, nor was it cirrus. No, it was black. Black as rain. Black as my wretched soul. But no one noticed; they said it was a rain cloud. And it was, actually. But then another cloud appeared and this time it was DOOM. The Fire Witch from northern Firetithia came to destroy us all and wipe the slate clean. At the time, I figured it was a horrible thing for her to do. Nay, a WRETCHED thing. But what could I do? I was but a simple mouse."

This story is funny as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom