Cumbum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
If there is one album that truly deserves its high praise, it's DSOTM. No way in hell is it overrated, and you obviously know how much in the minority you are regarding The Great Gig In The Sky. It's very powerful and moving, and perfectly placed on the album after Time.

Actually, I don't know I'm in the minority re: Great Unlistenable Gig, because it's only on this forum that I've ever found anybody willing to praise that sack of demented wailing crap. Most people I've discussed DSOTM with despise it more than I do. I remember the first time I listened to DSOTM was in the car and my mother insisted we put on another album because Great Unlistenable Gig was so bad that she couldn't focus on driving.

And my mother's coming to Porcupine Tree in a week so don't write off her taste. :wink:

Irishteen said:
Reading these threads has encouraged to make a playlist where EVERY SINGLE SONG relates to the Smiths in some way for the next DI :wink:

:lol:

Part of the problem for me was that the Morrissey solo track immediately followed the Morrissey and Siouxsie one. At least my "Finn Frenzy" last time around was broken up. :wink:

Axver said:

Actually, I don't know I'm in the minority re: Great Unlistenable Gig, because it's only on this forum that I've ever found anybody willing to praise that sack of demented wailing crap.

Yes, I meant here on this board.

Axver said:
Most people I've discussed DSOTM with despise it more than I do. I remember the first time I listened to DSOTM was in the car and my mother insisted we put on another album because Great Unlistenable Gig was so bad that she couldn't focus on driving.

And my mother's coming to Porcupine Tree in a week so don't write off her taste. :wink:

Interesting. Most people I know love it.

Your mother should have just moved on to the next track rather than insist on switching albums. That tells me she was underwhelmed with the album as a whole. :tsk:

But I'll give her props for going to PT with you. :wink:

phanan said:
Interesting. Most people I know love it.

Your mother should have just moved on to the next track rather than insist on switching albums. That tells me she was underwhelmed with the album as a whole. :tsk:

But I'll give her props for going to PT with you. :wink:

I know a couple of people with generally decent taste in music who don't even listen to DSOTM because of Great Gig. Hell, I rarely played it until I deleted the song from iTunes, so I can see where they're coming from.

As for not skipping to another track, our conversation was something to the effect of:
"Let's skip to the next track."
"Is this stupid warbling on any other tracks?"
"How the hell should I know? I've never listened to the album before either!"
"Put another album on then."

And it's going to be kind of weird going to PT with my mother, that's for sure. But it's better than not having any company.

Hey, I bet I can find somebody to agree with me on Great Gig here - Khan! :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

great gig? :confused:

Great Gig In The Sky, it's a Pink Floyd song on Dark Side Of The Moon. I say it's their worst song. I'm sure you at least agree it's not very good. :wink:

Axver said:
Great Gig In The Sky, it's a Pink Floyd song on Dark Side Of The Moon. I say it's their worst song. I'm sure you at least agree it's not very good. :wink:
hmmm...i don't remember what that song sounds like really...but i don't like most of their songs so it probably does suck.

So you guys are that bored that you've resorted to trolling again, and posting bullshit threads? I guess no one learned anything from what happened last time? And how many times do I have to tell certain people not to use this thread to talk shit about other members? I can easily just shut this thread down for good. EYKIW is not your playground and if this behavior continues and I keep coming in here to find people talking about other members the thread is getting shut down and suspensions will be handed out.

KhanadaRhodes said:

hmmm...i don't remember what that song sounds like really...but i don't like most of their songs so it probably does suck.

It's the one where some woman wails and screeches at the top of her lungs while the band play an otherwise good instrumental.

KhanadaRhodes said:
btw why is last.fm not working :grumpy: stupid power outages :rolleyes:

I haven't been able to update mine for aaages because my Mac won't connect to the Internet. :mad:

I bet when it finally does, I'll have about 2 months of submissions go in all at once or something.

:wave: Bonnie! Haven't seen you for ages around here. How have you been?

Been good thanks, Axxo! I have been busy lately, my sister's only here for another week or so, and I went over to Eyre Peninsula to see my cousins on the weekend. Always interesting, they live in what I consider to be the bible-belting area of Australia, all small, deserted towns where church or saturday sports are the only meeting points. It was a weird change of pace for me, but the people are good value so I didn't mind.

Ah, I assumed you were busy along those lines. Glad to hear you're having a good time. :up:

See, all I know about the Eyre Peninsula is that it's got some neat trains! :lol: Yeah, what a surprise for me to say that ...

:lol: Yeah, we did go past a few train tracks, actually. There's one right near my uncle's farm.

I thought the holidays would mean more time on the internet, but rather the opposite. Ah well. I'll spend more hours here when I've got a 10,000 word essay due, I'm sure of it. :wink:

And I hate to ask, since I imagine it can be annoying, but exactly which bootlegs have you found? Even if it's just a few, I'm happy to do the trade, depending on which ones they are.

I believe they're all there, actually. :) Now the challenge is remembering how to burn DVDs! :lol:

And while I expected my posting here to go down this month with all the uni work I have to do, the uni work has bored the shit out of me so I've just posted more!

By the way, you might want to check your e-mails as I just sent you something.

:wave: Hey guys. I just spent the last two hours watching Simpsons episodes and eating peanut butter. :drool: Weekends...

The Simpsons episode broadcast here last night was a stupid modern one. :mad:

The one where they go to Africa. Ugh, it's so stereotypical and illogical and not funny.

I watched with the commentaries on the DVDs. The episode where Bart steals that copy of Bonestorm is an amazing one. Homer's rant in that is probably top 10 all-time material for me:

"How could you?! Haven't you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church? Captain Whatshisname? We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those 'Police Academy' movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing! Did you?! Except at that guy who made sound effects. [Homer makes some and laughs to himself] Where was I? Oh yeah. Stay out of my booze!"

dr. dré, what do you know! i'm burning a dvd as we speak! :shifty: the question is though (basically whether or not i can help you) are you wanting to burn it on a mac or pc? cuz i know how to do it on a mac since i'm doing one now, but i'm pretty sure i know how to do it on a pc.

Aww...the refrigerator thread was closed. Bloody hell. And the crappy threads it's parodying were left open?! :mad:

sicy posted in here earlier (i didn't even see the thread until after it was closed) that it wasn't allowed since it was trolling, mocking members, etc.

to be honest, i can't say i blame her. i know that makes me come off like a wet blanket, but i know my feelings would get hurt if i came across a thread and saw people making fun of me.

KhanadaRhodes said:
sicy posted in here earlier (i didn't even see the thread until after it was closed) that it wasn't allowed since it was trolling, mocking members, etc.

to be honest, i can't say i blame her. i know that makes me come off like a wet blanket, but i know my feelings would get hurt if i came across a thread and saw people making fun of me.

What I don't get is why ZooMacPhisto's thread is still going, or why he hasn't been banned yet. I mean, it's more than obvious he's a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom