Cumbum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

Dude, it's fucking noble of you to say that. Thank you very much. Phanan's pretty clearly the guy to beat right now.

I'll avenge you in the I&L match. :wink:

Hey, you deserve to win. I'll just make a better, more diverse list next time around. You've seen it, you've seen my downstairs mix-up. The funk will still be there, don't worry.

Don't avenge me - avenge fucking Morrisey.

Hey Cools. :wave:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Hey, you deserve to win. I'll just make a better, more diverse list next time around. You've seen it, you've seen my downstairs mix-up. The funk will still be there, don't worry.

That was more like an exposure.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Don't avenge me - avenge fucking Morrisey.

No singer should be on the same playlist 3 times. It shall be done.

LemonMacPhisto said:
That was our first date, hmm?

You pulled me up with your strong ahms!

What did it mean to you to see that? Did it mean that you love me?

LemonMelon said:

These would have been good playlist titles:

I&L's Morrissey Madness

Axver's Finn Frenzy

I like YLB's Bullshit Taste in Music and Dips in Quality

It has a nice ring to it.

:shifty: Right, I think I may have opened a can of worms....I posted a question I have been curious about for a while. I blame caffiene.

Khan :hug: Hope your Dad's going to be ok. He's in the right place, and I'm sure they'll get him sorted soon....

Well it's a genuine question I have....:shrug:

But yeah, knowing how things go in there, I think it will be unintentionally spectacular.

Am I wrong asking?

phillyfan26 said:
YLB: Magic + Sixers = SuperWin.

Let's crack open a fresh Bailey's.

Old Gregg's gonna put on his new wedding dress.

I really hope Philly wins this series, but I remember the '03 playoffs. The Pistons are the 1 seed, the Magic are the 8th. Tracy McGrady and crew get up 3-1, only for Tayshaun Prince to shut him down and the Pistons to win the next 3.

That was the day the funk died in Orlando.

The Pistons will win the series, probably by 4-2 or something. Nice to see the Sixers make it interesting though. Happy for my dad's friend Stefanski, too.

The Sixers' announcer has gone a long time without excitement, so he yelled "THE SIXERS HAVE SHOCKED THE WORLD!" after they won Game 1 of a seven game series.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm not sure how I feel about Wish You Were Here. It needs another listen.

But I definitely prefer Dark Side of the Moon to this. Not to say this isn't good, but I loved DSOTM, and I feel this is a little weaker.

Going back to this real quick.

Wish You Were Here is my personal favorite album, with Dark Side Of The Moon and Animals right behind it. Just the atmosphere, the way it is structured, the lyrics - all incredible.

I'm not sure why others don't care for Welcome To The Machine. While it is the weakest track on a classic album, it's still very good.

Axver said:

See, I think DSOTM is a bit over-rated. I think it's the average PF album that sits between the great stuff and the mediocre stuff. Plus it has that horrid Great Unlistenable Gig In The Sky track, which I think is easily Pink Floyd's worst song.

If there is one album that truly deserves its high praise, it's DSOTM. No way in hell is it overrated, and you obviously know how much in the minority you are regarding The Great Gig In The Sky. It's very powerful and moving, and perfectly placed on the album after Time.

And there is my Pink Floyd entry for tonight. :wink:

phillyfan26 said:
YLB: Magic + Sixers = SuperWin.

Let's crack open a fresh Bailey's.

I'm very surprised that the Sixers won. Not sure if it changes things for the series, but it makes it that much more interesting.

The boys in green are looking good so far...

The surprising thing was that the Sixers clearly showed the faults of a young team, and still won. Against the most experienced team in the East, no less.

The Pistons came up very short in the fourth.

I still think if the Magic and Celtics meet in the playoffs, the Magic have a legit chance of beating them. They match up quite well.

phillyfan26 said:
I did go WYWH first, at your suggestion.

Yeah, I noticed. Good call.

And despite its flaws and what Axver says, definitely check out The Wall after Animals. While there are plenty of clunkers on there, there are also many all-time classics.

He sent me Piper, so that'll be what I go for next unless I receive something else before I download Piper tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom