Cumbum Superthread - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #286
The Male

Local Time: 04:15 PM
Duuuuuuuuuude...

http://forum.interference.com/showth...5&pagenumber=5

I don't know if they're serious, but we may have a hair metal survivor on our hands.

Now.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #287
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Duuuuuuuuuude...

http://forum.interference.com/showth...5&pagenumber=5

I don't know if they're serious, but we may have a hair metal survivor on our hands.
Dear non-existent God, NO!

Also, the genre needs to be renamed hair hair, because there was so much hair and no metal involved.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #288
Vocal parasite

So, Melony Lemons, I'm trying to create a positive DI tracklist.

It's hard bloody work. And I think it has too much post-rock.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #289
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Dear non-existent God, NO!

Also, the genre needs to be renamed hair hair, because there was so much hair and no metal involved.
For every good thing that happens in B&C, an equal, but opposite reaction must always occur.

Now.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #290
The Male

Quote:
So, Melony Lemons, I'm trying to create a positive DI tracklist.

It's hard bloody work. And I think it has too much post-rock.
What kind of post-rock? It's all pretty downbeat, but not all of it is a good soundtrack for a suicide.

Now.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #291
Vocal parasite

Quote:

For every good thing that happens in B&C, an equal, but opposite reaction must always occur.
Space Moon proved that.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #292
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think all my states of sleep deprivation are the same: "get out of my way, I'm tired and need to slee- zzzzz."

I need to get to bed before I guarantee myself a day of braindeadness....

Hi and Bye, LM!
Old 04-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #293
The Male

bye Ali. I could never imagine going to bed as late as I do with school the next day. Midnight-1 AM maybe.

Now.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #294
Vocal parasite

Quote:

What kind of post-rock? It's all pretty downbeat, but not all of it is a good soundtrack for a suicide.
Well, here's how it all started. I was listening to Alcest's Tir Nan Og a few days ago on a really beautiful evening. Now, I think Tir Nan Og is the most beautiful album closer I've ever heard, and I thought it'd be an amazing way to end a tracklist. So I thought I'd try to make a tracklist of the most beautiful music I know, and in Desert Island style.

I'm a bit tired of how unpopular my actual songs are. I'd like people to enjoy the songs as well as the overall atmosphere and stuff. So there's that too. Though I can hear criticisms of this already in my head too. I keep reminding myself I'm making this list for me.

So I think with something focusing on beautiful music, the kind of stuff that soars and has atmosphere, it's going to naturally gravitate to some kinds of post-rock. I mean, EITS are there. Caspian, Yndi Halda, Eluvium, and This Will Destroy You too.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-20-2008, 01:09 PM   #295
Vocal parasite

Have a good night, Ali, and I hope you don't end up too tired!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #296
The Male

Quote:

Well, here's how it all started. I was listening to Alcest's Tir Nan Og a few days ago on a really beautiful evening. Now, I think Tir Nan Og is the most beautiful album closer I've ever heard, and I thought it'd be an amazing way to end a tracklist. So I thought I'd try to make a tracklist of the most beautiful music I know, and in Desert Island style.

I'm a bit tired of how unpopular my actual songs are. I'd like people to enjoy the songs as well as the overall atmosphere and stuff. So there's that too. Though I can hear criticisms of this already in my head too. I keep reminding myself I'm making this list for me.

So I think with something focusing on beautiful music, the kind of stuff that soars and has atmosphere, it's going to naturally gravitate to some kinds of post-rock. I mean, EITS are there. Caspian, Yndi Halda, Eluvium, and This Will Destroy You too.
Don't worry about the criticisms you'll get over this; they'll be minimal in comparison. With your gift for getting a good atmosphere going, mixed with some songs that are actually quite beautiful, I may even enjoy it thoroughly. Post-rock is probably your best bet if you want to stay in your comfort zone a bit.

Now.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #297
The Male

Damn, why in the hell would someone rip their vinyl copy of an album and post in on the internet in MP3 form? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It not only sounds worse than a disc would, but it removes the innate warmth of vinyl.

Now.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #298
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:15 PM
Afternoon.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #299
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Don't worry about the criticisms you'll get over this; they'll be minimal in comparison. With your gift for getting a good atmosphere going, mixed with some songs that are actually quite beautiful, I may even enjoy it thoroughly. Post-rock is probably your best bet if you want to stay in your comfort zone a bit.
I would like to surprise some people. I want it to be something where people say "this isn't what I expected from Axver". Part of it is based on the beautiful songs that evoke an emotional response from me, so it will stick to some of my comfort zones, but I want to head out into other areas too.

I am really enjoying this tracklist. Essay-writing has motivated it actually, as I write best to atmospheric music, Pure Reason Revolution in particular.

Now, there is a bit where I send the tracklist into darker territory, but it's only a few songs and it's to illustrate the darkly beautiful aspect.

I've found thematically it's developed into another tracklist about where I come from, like Part I of my DI III entry. I guess an idealised memory of what it was like in my childhood. It's cliche but it gives it meaning. It's not hard to illustrate New Zealand with sweeping soundscape music either.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #300
The Male

hey pfan

Now.

Tags
superthread