CuJo vs. Brodeur - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2002, 03:01 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
read the stats of current season , TOR Vs Bruins , It's all you need to understand , hardest team for Bruins , the other one is Colorado Avalanche .
yes, ok, the leafs and bruins have played some very good games this year but how does this relate to CuJo playing in the Olympics?

speaking of which not to many Bruins made it on to their respective teams did they?(not that that is bad, it may leave their best players fresher in may and june.

------------------
don't.

Old 02-19-2002, 03:05 AM   #17
Kid A

Local Time: 03:37 PM
well I am a huge Devils fan, I love Brodeur, but he is having a very mediocre season -- maybe the weakest season of his 9-year career (he never gets rest and his team has gone to the Cup Finals each of the previous two years, both years he played nearly 100 games, ie, too much)

but CuJo wasn't impressive against Sweden and from what I've heard, and has struggled somewhat in big games during his NHL career

I would probably go with CuJo over Brodeur at this point, but this is a huge problem for Canada because they dont have a "hot" goaltender right now, thus will probably fail to win the Gold and maybe a medal altogether (Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic and USA all have had great goaltending so far)

Old 02-19-2002, 03:14 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
but this is a huge problem for Canada because they dont have a "hot" goaltender right now, thus will probably fail to win the Gold and maybe a medal altogether (Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic and USA all have had great goaltending so far)
that's a very good point and one that we here in canada have not yet considered. i think we just expected to be in a gold medal game and leave it up to that. but there are at least 6 VERY solid hockey clubs in this tournament.
i still believe canada is gonna pull it out-starting tonight with an impressive game against czech, and i think CuJo is the man that can do it. but they are going nowhere if they continue on the way they are...

------------------
don't.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:20 AM   #19
Kid A

well also I think Canada really hasn't felt any sense of urgency yet, but when they get into the elimination round, will they be able to just turn it on? I know it didn't work for the USA in '98, and they have entered this with a much better attitude, more focused, more excited and determined to play well from the onset, they are getting better each time out... Canada needs to play well tonight, if they can't play well against the Czech Republic tonight, how can they expect to turn around and play well against a team like Russia (a probable opponent) in the elimination round?
Old 03-26-2003, 03:19 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
I would probably go with CuJo over Brodeur at this point, but this is a huge problem for Canada because they dont have a "hot" goaltender right now, thus will probably fail to win the Gold and maybe a medal altogether (Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic and USA all have had great goaltending so far)
Interesting... I totally agree with you Wanderer... oh how the past comes back to haunt thee...

mwhahahahaha... mwhahahahaha...

Maybe this thread deserves a revisit eh compadre?
Old 03-26-2003, 12:44 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

i'm gonna go with Cujo just because his interference posts are much better than brodeur's... in fact, i don't think i ever see martin posting in here... that bastard
Old 03-26-2003, 07:52 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i'm gonna go with Cujo just because his interference posts are much better than brodeur's... in fact, i don't think i ever see martin posting in here... that bastard
Right on brother!
Old 03-26-2003, 10:10 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:37 PM
I love it.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:12 PM   #24
Kid A

what did you prove here? I said before that in the thread that Brodeur was having an off year (probably the worst of his 10 year career), so yes, Curtis Joseph would have been my first choice at the Olympics last year, this year I wouldn't hesitate to take Brodeur over CuJo in that situation...

Brodeur ended up playing well, btw, he's outplayed CuJo every time the two have met in the playoffs

I like CuJo, I think he's an excellent goaltender, but he's still got something to prove in the postseason and Olympics too, fot that matter
Old 03-27-2003, 12:25 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Brodeur ended up playing well, btw, he's outplayed CuJo every time the two have met in the playoffs

I like CuJo, I think he's an excellent goaltender, but he's still got something to prove in the postseason and Olympics too, fot that matter
I'm just giving you a hard time... came across an old thread, and I thought it was funny how people's opinions changed once Curtis left Toronto. There is no doubt that Brodeur has played against Joseph, but in their meetings I never really thought goaltending was the issue. In fact I think that cujo outplayed Brodeur in the majority of the games they played in the two NJ/TO series... the difference usually boiled down to self-destruction by the entire team... or a really bad suspension... I think I'll take a cue from another interference member to save my ass...

Brodeur

PS- haven't you learned yet that I usually have no point, and the only thing I'm trying to prove is that very fact...
Old 03-27-2003, 12:50 AM   #26
Kid A

what does Miss Cleo say about this year's playoffs?
Old 03-27-2003, 12:54 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
what does Miss Cleo say about this year's playoffs?
you are the man Wanderer...

Actually she sees the playoffs as being quite cloudy, as last year "she" made bold predictions about the teams who would advance... needless to say her teams didn't win, and a certain "hurricane" blocked her vision. So, this year she will not participate... she will be a fence sitter, as the court will not allow her to use her "psychic" powers for fraudulent use any longer...

She speaks for both of us... I don't like to claim who will win... I will predict that the playoffs will be the best ever though.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:58 AM   #28
Kid A

Devils in 6... 6... and 6... then a sweep of the Vancouver sicy boys in the Finals
Old 03-27-2003, 01:01 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

666, my lucky number... it seems every time I do a hockey pool I curse the players that I choose... are you doing a pool? I might be tempted to square off and tango with the Devil if you are...
Old 03-30-2003, 12:23 AM   #30
Blue Crack Distributor

I got a shirt at the bar the other day that says "Toronto Sucks" on the front and "Tucker Swallows" on the back. I'm so proud of myself.