Cuba. Si!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
I know most the posters here are American and therefore have likely never been to Cuba. I went recently, and took some pics, if you're interested to see what the place looks like. :)

Varadero Beach:

cubaapproachingbeach.jpg

cubabeachhut.jpg

hotel%20-%20beach.jpg

cubabeach.jpg

La Habana/Havana:

Image of Che Guevara on one of the buildings belonging to the Cuban Secret Security, in Revolution Square:

cubache.jpg

The Capitol in Havana:

havana%20-%20capitolio.jpg

Replica of the missiles kept in Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis:

havana%20-%20missile.jpg

Old Cars + the walls of Colonial Havana in the background:

cubaoldcars.jpg

Colonial Havana:

cubapink.jpg

Oh, forgot this one:

cubabodeguita.jpg

It's the famous bar where Hemingway would get sloshed on Mojitos and write on the walls. He chose this one because there was a print shop right across the street.

i went to cuba last year.. i remember that the water was very pretty, if you looked down, you could see straight to the bottom. there were even little schools of fish swimming around in the shallow water. we stayed in cayo coco and got burnt to the crisp! it was fun!!! :D:D:D

I have a dear friend, a Finnish woman who has travelled a lot, so i trust her judgement. She gets really severe wunderlust ( is that what it is called, intense desire to travel, to be somewhere else than here?) Her heart's desire is Cuba....so I'lll save your pics and show her one day...just to really get that wunderlust flowing.
Thanks

I'd also like to share this with you. My hub works in a music college and each year the students write and record an album. There aren't that many female students, but I thought this song was a stand out on last year's album, written by a WOMAN!!!:up:

MONEY
Si tu viera dinero
Querro viahar en Havana
Si ti viera dinera
Creo que el me en gana
Creo que el me en gana

No dijo nada,
no dijo nada
No dijo nada

Maybe if you had heaps of money
We could take a trip to havana
Baby if I had lots of money
We could visit Ramon in Havana

Into the darkness
Into the darkness
Darkest night!!

He won't tell me where he got he money
All he wants to do is deceive me
Si tu viera dinero
Quiero viahar en Havana

He told me nothing
he told me nothing
HE TOLD ME!!

hmmm maybe you have to hear it, she is a keyboard player, it really swings.

One more thing....:D There is a local film maker heer I admire, David Bradbury. He has made films about the destruction of old growth forest around the world in recent times...mainly Australia, also the plight of the Penang people in the Phillipines.
he has recently made and realesed a film about Cuba. Sorry i have for the moment forgotten the name of it. But I feel you can trust davis bradbury to capture and interesting angle.

wb ....btw.:wave:

Nope back:lmao: your pics took ages to load on my old set up here. I just scrolled down....the green car!!!! there is a blue one like that for sale in someone's front yard here. I have been wanting to bring it home as a garden ornament...it doesn't go...I was going to deck it out as my get away from it all place, a garden room:lmao: I think your pic is an omen:yes:indeedy. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom