CSGWs: Remember Me as a Time of Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onebloodonelife

Blue Crack Addict
Seeing as apparently none of us can sleep normally, and I'm only here at very bizarre hours of the night, the theme for this time around is to "Remember Me as a Time of Day." :D

CSGWs Playlist:

1. Never Going Back Again (Fleetwood Mac)
2. In Your Room (Depeche Mode)
3. The House of the Rising Sun (The Animals)
4. Summer Days (and Summer Nights!!) (The Beach Boys)
5. Sunburst Finish (Utopia)
6. Man Called Sun (The Verve)
7. Staring At the Sun (U2)
8. Summer Nights (Grease cast)
9. Assassination of the Sun (The Flaming Lips)
10. The decade known as the 1980s
11. I've Just Seen a Face (The Beatles )
12. Shiny Happy People (R.E.M.)
13. Girls & Boys (Blur)
14. Tear It Up (On Our Worst Behavior) (Immature)
15. White Winter Hymnal (Fleet Foxes)
16. Sun Arise (Rolf Harris)
17. Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) (The Darkness)
18. Rattled By The Rush (Pavement)
19. Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows (Lesley Gore)
20. Coffee & TV (Blur)
21. Get On Your Boots (U2)
22. My Girls (Animal Collective)
23. Brand New Lover (Dead or Alive)
24. Islands In The Sun (Weezer)
25. No Line On The Horizon (U2)
26. Fez-Being Born (U2)
27. Cedars Of Lebanon (U2)
28. Moment of Surrender (now available on ISpyTM) (U2)
29. Follow You, Follow Me (Genesis)
30. Wait for the Summer (Yeasayer)
31. Holidays in the Sun (Sex Pistols)
32. Viva Las Vegas (Elvis)
33. Gimme Sympathy (Metric)
34. Fashion (David Bowie)
35. All the Wine (The National)

Now I present: "Remember Me as a Time of Day" by Explosions in the Sky
YouTube - Explosions in the Sky - Remember Me as a Time of Day

:drool: Indeed. I'm listening to a live set of theirs right now and listened to a different one earlier today. :combust:

OMG! You HAVE TO!!! They're amazing. One of, if not the best, live shows I've ever seen. Epically intense. :drool:

A concert with no vocals...it's.....I don't know, it doesn't SOUND like the funnest experience EVAR.

:lol: You'd think. But, really, when you get the chance, don't pass it up. There were a few others with the same feelings in the post-rock thread in B&C when somebody asked about going vs. not going to see them. It's sooo worth it. :up:

:lol: Yeah, they haven't been touring much over the past year, but I ended up catching them last spring. Went down to Milwaukee on a Sunday night, saw the show, rode the overnight bus back to Minneapolis, and was back for my 10am class. It was insane. :wink:

That sounds fantastic.

So, I have no news to update you on Pitchfork, but I'm still holding out some hope that I can go. Are you still?

Yep, I'm definitely going. Got my ticket and a ticket for a friend who's coming with me, so it's official. :D

I want to see The National more than anything else, so, I want to go on Sat, but man, going alone is kind of unnerving. I should ask a friend of mine if he's going, I keep forgetting to do it.

Gotcha. I usually go to shows solo, but even I'd be a little apprehensive about going to a festival alone. From what I gather, it's a pretty chill event though. The National is well-worth going on Saturday too. If they hadn't decided to make a stop up here before heading down to Pitchfork, I'd be going to see them too.

Gotcha. I usually go to shows solo, but even I'd be a little apprehensive about going to a festival alone. From what I gather, it's a pretty chill event though. The National is well-worth going on Saturday too. If they hadn't decided to make a stop up here before heading down to Pitchfork, I'd be going to see them too.

Honestly, I'm tempted to just go on Saturday, but, I mean, it would kinda kick ass to meet up :wink:

Yeah, so. I still have absolutely no way to buy a ticket lol, but I'm not counting it out yet.

Aw, that's too bad. Have you been sick lately?

I honestly would love to, if I had money to spare for transportation up to Toronto. I've never been there, and what better excuse than going to a music festival with two awesome people? They really sent you two extra tickets though?

Yeah I have, it was first just a cold and when I thought I was over that my stomach decided to be a bitch too; it's getting better though...slowly

Well if you reconsider, do tell before Dani uses her conscience to force me to give them back. Yeah they did, we went into a ticketmaster outlet in a record store and asked for two passes (they're wrist bands), the guy told us to give him a hundred (no tax and services apparently) and said he'd put the money somewhere in back :)shifty: much?) and then came back out and handed us four wristbands instead of two. We didn't notice because the way it works is they face different sides, so we only say two, until I looked at them the other way :lol:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,007
User Name Posts
Irishteen 254
onebloodonelife 242
Lemonchick 142
bono_212 128
Babydoll 115
Screwtape2 53
waynetravis 51
flybabe 14
partygirlvox 5