crushlink.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travu2

The Fly
A few weeks ago I received an email from crushlink.com, and then another one from hugecrush.com soon after. Has anyone had any experience with these? Does a many-faced corporation have a crush on my money, or is it legitimate?
I visited the sites and they do seem to be the real thing. You need to enter the email addresses of the people you think the crush is from, and if one of them matches up I guess they send each person an email letting them know. However, one of them says that you can pay $5.00 to find out who your crush is.. greeeeaaat.

If it is real, and the person who sent them is reading this, I mean no offense to you. I will not be using those sites to find out who the crush is, but I would really like to know; I'm only getting older and it would be great to have a friend before I die, and this could be an opportunity to build a friendship. I'm not too crazy about the idea of having an online relationship (cuz it's a bit unrealistic), but an infrequent pen-pal sort of thing might be cool. But please don't feel that you need to contact me. If you don't want to contact me that really is fine with me. I am socially awkward in life and only a tiny bit better on the internet.

I am just assuming that if it is real the person must be someone who reads posts in this forum because this is the only place I post with any kind of regularity.

---------------------
"In a world full of nothing,
though it's not love
it means something."

Depeche Mode

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 09-22-2001).]

I've gotten a few things from crush sites. I always thought maybe my fiance was being cute, but it was never him. Never did find out if it actually was anybody.

Maybe it was Bono!!

Hey, a girl can dream...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Originally posted by travu2:
A few weeks ago I received an email from crushlink.com, and then another one from hugecrush.com soon after. Has anyone had any experience with these? Does a many-faced corporation have a crush on my money, or is it legitimate?
I visited the sites and they do seem to be the real thing. You need to enter the email addresses of the people you think the crush is from, and if one of them matches up I guess they send each person an email letting them know. However, one of them says that you can pay $5.00 to find out who your crush is.. greeeeaaat.

If it is real, and the person who sent them is reading this, I mean no offense to you. I will not be using those sites to find out who the crush is, but I would really like to know; I'm only getting older and it would be great to have a friend before I die, and this could be an opportunity to build a friendship. I'm not too crazy about the idea of having an online relationship (cuz it's a bit unrealistic), but an infrequent pen-pal sort of thing might be cool. But please don't feel that you need to contact me. If you don't want to contact me that really is fine with me. I am socially awkward in life and only a tiny bit better on the internet.

I am just assuming that if it is real the person must be someone who reads posts in this forum because this is the only place I post with any kind of regularity.

you don't sound socially akward and you seem like a nice person. but it wasn't me. kobayashi only kills people that are worse then him.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I've gotten a few things from crush sites. I always thought maybe my fiance was being cute, but it was never him. Never did find out if it actually was anybody.

Maybe it was Bono!!

Hey, a girl can dream...
biggrin.gif

Hehe-Larry, the poor fool keeps sending me those.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

I got one of those and actually found out who she was so it's no hoax. Unfortunately you'll never get rid of it because once they (the people from crush-link) have your addy, they keep sending you stuff so you'll have to block it.

But it seems like somebody has got a thing for you so enjoy!

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
I got one of those and actually found out who she was so it's no hoax.

That's good to know. Thanks!

Maybe it was Bono!!

It is widely known among the most ardent U2 fans that Bono immediately checks the feedback forums after each show to see what Bonochick is up to.

wink.gif

Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by travu2:
It is widely known among the most ardent U2 fans that Bono immediately checks the feedback forums after each show to see what Bonochick is up to.

wink.gif

Thanks everyone.

tongue.gif
*lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Hey Travis, I just looked at your new webpage, and it looks cooool. But the U2 bit doesn't work. At least not right now. At least not for me.

I'm not the mystery girl...

but...

I have a crush on your poetry.
smile.gif

That picture of the parking lot and the lights? I swear, that is EXACTLY the type of image I see in my mind's eye when I read your poems.

About the socially awkward thing, I don't know what you're like in real life, but you are certainly one of the five most articulate and intelligent sounding people I have encountered on this forum. I'm not just saying that to be nice.
biggrin.gif

By the way, according to your profile, YOU are in fact one of those little astronauts?
eek.gif

wink.gif

------------------
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned

-W.B. Yeats

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
Hey Travis, I just looked at your new webpage, and it looks cooool. But the U2 bit doesn't work. At least not right now. At least not for me.

Yeah, I messed up the link. But I'm not gonna fix it yet. It's a very average U2 page anyway.. and neglected; half of the updates are me saying happy birthday to members of the band.
rolleyes.gif

That new page is just gonna have some photos of animals and plants (not many plants), a few of me, and an "about me" type section, and that's about it. One thing I noticed about that page is the more I look at it the more it sucks.. so you probably should stop visiting it.

I'm not the mystery girl...

I did wonder if it was you, but I didn't really think so. Now I have absolutely no idea who it is.

I have a crush on your poetry.
smile.gif

Thank you, but does your poetry have a crush on my poetry? If so, we could arrange for a "surprise" meeting between them. Pretty soon they'll have a line of cute little haikus following them around.

I really like your poetry too.
smile.gif
I don't think I'll be posting any more though. It really freaks me out.

About the socially awkward thing, I don't know what you're like in real life, but you are certainly one of the five most articulate and intelligent sounding people I have encountered on this forum. I'm not just saying that to be nice.
biggrin.gif

redface.gif
Don't know what to say.. *humbled smiley*
I only seem that way because I don't post very often. You are way too kind to me, scattero.

Well, I could say those insanely nice things about you too.. and I do.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
"See Susie Derkins down there? She's building a snowman and doesn't even know we're up here! We'll zip down and pelt her silly with snowballs!"

Calvin and Hobbes

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
.... but you are certainly one of the five most articulate and intelligent sounding people I have encountered on this forum. I'm not just saying that to be nice.....
biggrin.gif

well, since this is evidently a "be nice to travu2 day" at the forum, lol!, let me chime in by saying I agree with the above quote.

As an infrequent poster, but often-reader, I too have noticed you to be an intelligent, insightful person. And I appreciate your bio/chemical/neuro/physiological/slash/etc./slash/ approach in responding to various topics. (I think most people fail to realize how much of who we are and what we believe is influenced by things beyond our control, things which most of us still believe to be within our control. We are learning, and will continue to learn a great deal about our species with the continuing immergence of the neurosciences). ok, sorry for the tangential ramble!! I may be attributing ideas to travu that he may, in fact, not even agree with! oh well, my intentions were pure.

see, this is why I don't post here often.. I just go on and on and on........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Originally posted by Bound:
And I appreciate your bio/chemical/neuro/physiological/slash/etc./slash/ approach in responding to various topics.

I don't really know too much about most of those things. My major was in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, but right now I just say those things to make myself feel important.

Here is my typical day:

- Emerge from my burrow in the side of a wash (which is covered with nice yellow flowers right now and a sprinkling of tiny purple ones.. very pleasent way to start the day)

- Stagger through spider webs that were spun early that morning, apologizing to the architects that are biting me all the while.

- Take a drink from the water trap I made and dig up some edible roots and grubs.

- Make like a tumbleweed and drift over to the rock farm.

- Mount my cholla skeleton and hang there all day listening to the gears behind the sun as I scare meteors away from the rock harvest.

I think most people fail to realize how much of who we are and what we believe is influenced by things beyond our control, things which most of us still believe to be within our control.

I agree, and that's one of the reasons why I'm an antisocial scaremeteor, but I often don't want to be.

I really do appreciate all of this kindness,
smile.gif
but if this thread gets too much longer I'm going to have an excrutiating sunburn. Everyone here deserves this kind of uplifting thread for their own reasons.

--------------------
"It's a beautiful day! Don't let it get away.."

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 09-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 09-23-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom