Crumbs(New ABC Sitcom)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
This is a mid-season replacement on ABC that premiered tonight on ABC. Anybody watch it? What'd you think?

I'm intrigued by it. It is based on one of the more genuinely interesting premises I've seen in a new sitcom in a while.

A woman(Jane Curtian) has just been released from a psychiatric ward after having suffered a nervous breakdown after her husband of 30 years(William Devane) left her for another woman, who happened to be a restaurant reviewer who was reviewing the family's restaurant, which is now being run by one of their sons. His brother(Fred Savage) is a struggling writer in LA who comes back for his mother's release. He is also gay and hasn't yet come out to his family. There is apparently a third brother who died, circumstances as yet unknown. The father then drops the news that the 'other woman' is pregnant.

So, one son is gay but not out to his family, and has just come back from LA, the mother just got out of a psychiatric ward, the father has knocked up another woman, the second son is left to run the restaurant, and all the while the whole family is dealing, or rather trying not to deal with, the death of a third son.

I'm intrigued.

Didn't see it. But next week perhaps I'll sit atop the kitchen table and watch it.
Yes then I can tell the wife I'm watching "Crumbs From Your Table".

pepokiss said:
the story is tragic.... and it's a SITCOM??? :eyebrow:

Lots of things that are tragic are considered entertainment... "Jessica & Nick: Newlyweds", "Dancing with the Stars", "The Batchelor" - the list is endless. :|

Back
Top Bottom