Crowe slams at Bono and others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadMansParty

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Crowe Slams Celebrity Campaigners

Russell Crowe has launched a scathing attack on A-list charity campaigners including Bono and Sir Bob Geldof - because he believes they only want publicity. The Antipodean actor regularly donates to charity outside of the glare of the media spotlight and urges other stars to give quietly without publicly martyring themselves. He says, "I do my bit to improve the world but I think it's very important to get things done on the quiet. I'm sick to death of famous people standing up and using their celebrity to promote a cause. If I see a particular need, I do try to help. But there's a lot that can be achieved by putting a cheque in the right place and shutting up about it."

Why is Russell Crowe then telling everyone about how he gives to charity, if he thinks people should shut up about it??

is that the whole article?

because if it is, he didn't mention bono, the reporter did.

is there more? maybe a link?

I cant find the whole thing anywhere, but I was watching some entertainment show where they stated that he said their names.

we must all remember that Russell Crowe most likely articulated his opinions by painting on a cave wall somewhere and then the media picked it up off the wire and ran with it.

We're talking about a man who threw a telephone at a hard working hotel concierge...in the moderately distant future, he shall discover fire.

Didn't the concierge then immediately try to sue the pants off Crowe for getting a tiny cut on his cheek? He certainly was working hard:wink:

If there's three things Crowe's good at, it's acting, looking hot, and getting a rise out of people (in that order).

Russell is entitled to his opinion. I don't even know if that was aimed at Bono et al, the quote is only talking about how he deals with it... and not about anyone else. Quiet giving and not showboating is a big part of Russell's upbringing in the antipodies.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
If there's three things Crowe's good at, it's acting, looking hot, and getting a rise out of people (in that order).

I haven't seen him looking hot in ages.

Johnny Rotten was at it too. He said: "Every time I see Bono in those big fly glasses and tight leather pants I just can't hack it. I can't see that as solving the world's problems."

"He's crushing his testicles in tight trousers for world peace."

:laugh:

DeadMansParty said:
isnt he from new zealand?

U2 haven't been to New Zealand since 1993.

And we Kiwis don't claim Russ. He's Australian as far as we care.

Axver said:

And we Kiwis don't claim Russ. He's Australian as far as we care.

Many Kiwis claim Russ (including me), what Axver means is he doens't claim him. If anything he is like many antipodeans... half New Zealand/ half Australian. This may go some way to explaining his erratic behaviour.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
"He's crushing his testicles in tight trousers for world peace."

Ha! Great Johnny Rotten quote!:laugh:

Maybe Crowe should consider that when people like Bono put themselves in the limelight on behalf of a charitable cause, they can raise awareness and get more people to contribute, far more effective than one celebrity writing a check silently.

Maybe Crowe should also consider not "crowing" about not crowing about his donations.:wink:

^^Cheers! Very well said! Thank you! I wholeheartedly :heart: agree with you 150%. :up:

With Live8 and the One Campaign I have learned this year the vital importance of AWARENESS.

Crowe is one of the most obnoxious people in Hollywood - well pretty much everyone in Hollywood are obnoxious.....

MsGiggles said:
Crowe is one of the most obnoxious people in Hollywood - well pretty much everyone in Hollywood are obnoxious.....

Except he does his very best to distance himself as much as possible from Hollywood.

timothius said:

Many Kiwis claim Russ (including me), what Axver means is he doens't claim him. If anything he is like many antipodeans... half New Zealand/ half Australian. This may go some way to explaining his erratic behaviour.

You're the only Kiwi I know who claims him. The rest are rather happy Australia's decided to take him so that we don't have to suffer the embarrassment of him being known as a New Zealander.

Axver said:

You're the only Kiwi I know who claims him. The rest are rather happy Australia's decided to take him so that we don't have to suffer the embarrassment of him being known as a New Zealander.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom