crowded house - farewell to the world dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, for some reason I hadn't even clicked on this thread yet and just read about Farewell to the World on another website.

I MUST HAVE THIS! :drool:

Amazon confuses me ... I saw the 2-CD set, and two different DVD options. Is there a US release that's both CD and DVD? The descriptions on Amazon weren't really clear.

corianderstem said:
Okay, for some reason I hadn't even clicked on this thread yet and just read about Farewell to the World on another website.

Amazon confuses me ... I saw the 2-CD set, and two different DVD options. Is there a US release that's both CD and DVD? The descriptions on Amazon weren't really clear.
There is no package with CD and DVD. You have to buy them separately. As far as I know, the the only difference between the two DVDs is that one that says 10th anniversary comes with a slipcase.

corianderstem said:

there's a double dvd. the second dvd contains various bonus material. the cd just contains the audio, so you might as well rip that yourself.

i didnt know you were a crowdie fan.

Maybe I was confused by the description of the bonus material and thought it was a bonus disc of the audio.

I've been a Crowded House fan for a long time, just more of a "mild" fan. :wink:

have any of you that bought the dvd had any issues with those damn subtitles for the commentary track? they're there, even though i havent chosen the commentary thing, and i cannot turn them off. it annoys the shit out of me :rant:

Last edited:
yeah, isnt it odd?

releasing a dvd called farewell to the world and then reforming?

is the keyboard/guitar player joining?

iirc, vh1 classic showed this concert last weekend. google appears to tell me i'm right, but i can't look at vh1's site (for some reason this comp at work has a really outdated version of flash i can't update) and youtube is blocked at work so i can't verify for sure.

oh well, regardless of whether it is or not, i'm definitely picking this up :up:

This DVD has been a VERY long time coming considering the VHS version came out in 1996. They were plagued by technical issues, then personal tragedy and decided it would be best to release the DVD on the 10th Anniversary. It has so been worth the long and painful wait. There's just so many things that were cut out of the original footage! :drool:

Anybody wanting a sneak preview should head to: www.emicatalogmarketing.com/crowdedhouse/

As for the current situation, I've been led to believe that an official press release will be released in the next few days! :applaud:

www.myspace.com/crowdedhouse

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom