Crowded House Adoration & Worship Thread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2005, 02:07 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Wow, I'm amazed! This is like discovering there actually is native human life in Australia.
LOL . Well, hey, if and when you ever find yourself in Wyoming, now you won't be so surprised when you find humans wandering about .

Also, I actually kinda like the Afterglow version of "Private Universe" a bit more than the Together Alone one. But both versions are still great .

I haven't really checked through our sports channels all that often, as I'm generally not much of a sports person to begin with (I...was not born to be an athlete. Yeah...). However, I do know that sometimes international games get broadcast on some of our sports channels we have...I should see if perhaps they happen to broadcast any All-Blacks games .

Does that make me lame? LOL...

By the way, I like the song Neil did for the team .

Angela

Old 08-01-2005, 02:31 AM   #47
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:41 PM
The Finns and U2 are the only "bands" that I will not miss under any circumstance.

Last saw the Finns at the magical Bellvoire Ampitheatre with Missy Higgins (who forgot the lyrics to her own songs). Nothing like a bit of brotherly competitiveness. Absolutely fantastic night. Also saw Neil fall off the stage (and keep playing - what a trouper) a few years ago with his son (Liam I think) here in Perth.

Great, great music. Disembodied Voices, Gentle Hum and Luckiest Man Alive off the new album are on constant play at the moment.

The Climber from 7 Worlds Collide and Eddie Vedder doing I See Red

Old 08-01-2005, 02:47 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by Tania
The Finns and U2
Quote:
Also saw Neil fall off the stage
Bono's done this, too...seems to be a common thing among the artists we like, huh? .

Quote:
Great, great music. Disembodied Voices, Gentle Hum and Luckiest Man Alive off the new album are on constant play at the moment.
Great songs . "Gentle Hum"...I listened to that one day this past winter, and looked out the window and snow was falling...it was a perfect mix . That's another beautiful song. And "Disembodied Voices"...heh, I can relate to that one in the sense that my sister and I have done the same thing Neil and Tim mention in that song-staying up late talking in the room we shared. I've said this to other Finn fans before, but I find hearing Neil's perspective on his relationship with Tim rather interesting, 'cause my sister's younger than me, and I always wonder if she has the same kinds of thoughts about me that Neil does about Tim? You know what I mean?

Also, "Luckiest Man Alive"...heh, I realize that that isn't the most popular song off of that CD, but I personally love it. The music in it is great, and the lyrics are sweet.

"Nothing Wrong With You" is one that I hold some fondness for...it means a lot to me. Anyone who's ever been alienated in life should hear that song .

And then the rest of the songs...I could go on and on about how great those are, too (hehe, love the line in "All God's Children" that goes, "We're all God's children, and God is a woman, but we still don't know who the father is." That's great ).

Quote:
The Climber from 7 Worlds Collide and Eddie Vedder doing I See Red
Tomorrow, I will get it so I can mail out the money to buy that DVD off of Amazon.com. Yes.

Angela
Old 08-01-2005, 04:27 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
The Finns and U2 are the only "bands" that I will not miss under any circumstance.
But they came just last week & played with Mark Seymour.

Mad props to Finnage!
Old 08-01-2005, 06:31 AM   #50
The Fly

Local Time: 10:41 AM
Just want to chime in here that Crowded House/Finn Bros/Neil Finn are my 2nd favorite musical act after U2 and I'm a HUGE fan.
I've seen Neil solo 2x and the Finn Bros 2x and they are always TERRIFIC live, very down to earth and personable.

I absolutely would be at a record store at midnight for a DVD of Farewell to the World. That absolutely needs to come out sooner rather than later.

Re: songs/albums, Fall at Your Feet is probably my fav tune, Temple of Low Men is a grower, but for me the zenith of Crowded House was their epic final masterpiece, Together Alone. This album can seriously sit on a shelf with Achtung, Baby, Revolver, Automatic for the People and other such landmark albums and go head-to-head. The atmospherics of Together Alone are terrific and songs such as Private Universe and Catherine Wheel are positively chilling. I cannot recommend this album enough.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:18 AM   #51
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by timothius

But they came just last week & played with Mark Seymour.

Mad props to Finnage!

Who? U2? No...

Old 08-01-2005, 07:20 AM   #52
New Yorker

Mark Seymour. Yet another great songwriter. The Holy Grail would have to be one of the most underrated classics ever.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:04 AM   #53
War Child

Local Time: 11:41 AM
I love the song Whispers and Moans... I think it's a very sexy song.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:28 PM   #54
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkfire
but for me the zenith of Crowded House was their epic final masterpiece, Together Alone. This album can seriously sit on a shelf with Achtung, Baby, Revolver, Automatic for the People and other such landmark albums and go head-to-head. The atmospherics of Together Alone are terrific and songs such as Private Universe and Catherine Wheel are positively chilling. I cannot recommend this album enough.
Damn straight! That album is truly sensational. The opening three songs is one of the best opening trios I've ever heard.

Kare Kare
(I called for it at Brisbane 2005-07-22 but they didn't play it)

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2005, 04:36 PM   #55
War Child

Local Time: 11:41 AM
7 Worlds Collide is amazing.
I got to go and review Neil Finn in San Diego. Johnny Marr played with him.
Lisa germano was also in the band. i saw that show 3x plus an in-store appearnce in Cali.
Wonderful man.
Great attitude, warm heart.
it's like trying to tell someone why you love U2. good stuff.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:19 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkfire
Catherine Wheel
I like the lyrics in that song .

Also, can I just say this? "Nails In My Feet"... ... LOVE that song. Yes. Quite like the video, too...pretty colors and all that good stuff.

Quote:
Originally posted by Iskra
I got to go and review Neil Finn in San Diego. Johnny Marr played with him. Lisa germano was also in the band. i saw that show 3x plus an in-store appearnce in Cali.
Wow, really?

That's pretty cool .

Quote:
Wonderful man. Great attitude, warm heart.
I can believe that. He seems like a really nice guy .

Quote:
it's like trying to tell someone why you love U2. good stuff.
Yep .

Funny, I've met quite a few people who are fans of both the Finns and U2. Interesting, that. And cool .

Angela
Old 08-02-2005, 01:47 AM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Mark Seymour. Yet another great songwriter. The Holy Grail would have to be one of the most underrated classics ever.
Throw Your Arms....
Old 08-02-2005, 02:15 AM   #58
New Yorker

Another excellent song!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:40 AM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Yes, yes, it is .

Angela
Old 08-02-2005, 08:47 AM   #60
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:41 AM
SING ALONG WITH ME EVERYONE!

Hey, don't look now, there goes God
in his sexy pants and his sausage dog
and he can't stand Beelzebub
cause he looks so good in black (in black)