Crowded House Adoration & Worship Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OnFire said:
SING ALONG WITH ME EVERYONE!

Hey, don't look now, there goes God
in his sexy pants and his sausage dog
and he can't stand Beelzebub
cause he looks so good in black (in black)

:drool:
Great song! :up:

Ah yes. Crowded House, 'Together Alone' was definitely their high-water mark musically.

I've lost interest a bit since then, which is nobody's fault (ie. Neil Finn continues to make some good music, just not so compelling that I'm always along for the ride).

My personal favourites are the mid-90s releases of 'Together Alone' and the (out of print? who knows) 'Finn' album that Neil did with his brother in 1995.

Kieran McConville said:
Ah yes. Crowded House, 'Together Alone' was definitely their high-water mark musically.

Amen. That album is the pinnacle.

I would reccomend Neil's 2001 "One All" for a listen. Many people, me included, rate it up with Together Alone or a small rung below.

timothius said:
I'll up one for you before I go to bed tonight. There are a few goodies tonight.

:up:. Cool :).

Also, I remember seeing One All in our music store here in town not long after my family moved here, but unfortunately, at that time, I didn't have the money to get it. So the next time we returned, when I was able to buy a CD, I tried looking for it...and couldn't find it. Every time we've gone back there I've searched around, and I still haven't come across it yet :(. Which makes me mad.

Anywho, I have heard the songs off of One Nil, though...some good stuff on there :). "Elastic Heart" is a bit of a strange song, though...

Angela

timothius said:

I would reccomend Neil's 2001 "One All" for a listen. Many people, me included, rate it up with Together Alone or a small rung below.

Here in the Antipodes they released it as 'One Nil', but (either - frankly slightly dorky - name aside) it's a good little record. I dunno about being on a par with Together Alone though...

I prefer Try Whistling This, that is Neil Finn stretching himself quite a bit (not to say he's ever bland, of course).

Kieran McConville said:

Here in the Antipodes they released it as 'One Nil', but (either - frankly slightly dorky - name aside) it's a good little record. I dunno about being on a par with Together Alone though...

I prefer Try Whistling This, that is Neil Finn stretching himself quite a bit (not to say he's ever bland, of course).

Oh you're from the antipodies, as am I. On here I just assume that people are from the US until proven innocent. Are you a Kiwi or Australian?

Neil really does stretch himself in TWT, as he is fighting his natural ability & 20 years of conditioning to write unmelodic yet still accessable music - which transfers well live. I think he does it & does it well. It is a grower album though - much like Finn & TOLM.

timothius said:
You need to copy the link and paste it in the address bar. Where it says "ysi" replace it with y o u s e n d i t (without the spaces). :)

Heh, you know what, upon waking up earlier today, I just realized that. I'm sorry, I'm so used to just clicking the links in e-mail, 'cause I've been doing it that way with various songs lately. But yes, I shall do that. Thanks again for the link :).

Also, the songs off of Try Whistling This are definitely growers. But they some damn good songs :yes:. Yet again, I would just like to profess my love for the song "Sinner" :D. Course, the two songs preceeding and the two songs following that one are no slouches, either (those five songs being my particular faves).

Angela

I just listened to Recurring Dream on a road trip last weekend for the first time in a long time. They (and Neil in particular) were truly masters of the pop song.

Kieran McConville said:

I always thought it was a send up of his name "One Neil" :shrug:

Tania said:

I always thought it was a send up of his name "One Neil" :shrug:

Thats what he said it was in various interviews. As well his son Elroy won a soccer tournement around the time of completion for the record where he scored the only goal in the game.

The Finns are headlining Homebake this year. :combust:

Moonlit_Angel said:
Khanada, good to hear you're getting more into that stuff :up:. What Crowded House stuff have you heard thus far? That'll help us figure out what else to recommend to you :).
i've got recurring dream (the greatest hits compilation, not just the song lol). :D

KhanadaRhodes said:
i've got recurring dream (the greatest hits compilation, not just the song lol). :D

Okay :). What songs in particular are you enjoying off of there? The songs you're particularly liking can tell us what particular album we'd suggest to you to start things off with (course, if you go by the general consensus in this thread, you'll want to pick up Together Alone for sure, that'd be a given...:)).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom