Cricket Super Series-- Australia v World XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleazer

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Is anybody else looking forward to watching this?

From what it sounds like, there is no true favorite in this series. The oddsmakers seem to have it fairly even, which strikes me as a bit unfair, as the rest of the world seems to me to be a bit deeper.

Yes, I'm looking forward to watching the Aussies hammered repeatedly until they reach an overall smooth, creamy texture. :yes: :up:

:mad:

The World XI will win, but I disagree with the team on nearly all counts.

The only deseriving player (outside of Flintoff) is...

Vettori :drool: :bow: :heterosexual:

:wink:

jiminy_140x143.gif

timothius said:

Have I ever told you I like the way your minds works? :drool: :love:

Well, as they say, great minds think alike. :wink: Isn't it fantastic how South Africans, New Zealanders, West Indians, Pakistanis, Indians, and even the blimmin' Pommies now have the opportunity to collectively loathe the scum that is the Australian cricket team? Just think, the entire cricket-following Commonwealth focussing its hatred on one shitty nation!

You disagree with having Jacques Kallis on the team, though? :sad:

GibsonGirl said:

You disagree with having Jacques Kallis on the team, though? :sad:

And Pollock. :happy:

Kallis has been picked on his reputation and need to spread out the numbers more than anything. I would have much prefered Gibbs or Smith. :wink:

Infact I would've picked Gibbs or Smith in my team (as well as Bond, Vettori, Fleming & McCullum). :wink:

:unbiased: :angel:

Not that I'm bitter because this game should have been against New Zealand (which it should have been if it wasn't for Sri Lanka's piss poor stance), but if Australia do lose this series it'll be interesting how much more the public are willing to turn on their team. :huh:

I've not liked our team since the Border days. I take issue with people saying we're a shitty nation, as a result of this current team, however.

already a comment from Richie Benaud about Catholic Mass

go figure

Angela Harlem said:
I've not liked our team since the Border days. I take issue with people saying we're a shitty nation, as a result of this current team, however.

Unless you live in Australia it is more than likely you're only knowledge of the creature come from entities such as the Australian Cricket Team, Rugby Team, Soccer Team, Russell Crowe and the federal government.... none of which are shining ambassadors for their country at the moment.

My feelings on the issue are well known. But I will just reitterate there is a difference between thinking Australia is a "shitty" country (in terms of values and national beliefs) and the 19.6 million people who hold Australian citizenship are all "shitty".

[seperate thought altogether]

Border's retirement ushered in an entirely new era of Australian cricket. Cricket has been held in contempt under the captaincy of Taylor, Waugh and particularly Ponting... this "Win at all costs" mentality is utterly vile. My only critisicm of the Border era would be he lost control a bit towards the end there... i.e Waugh/Warne/May etc.

timothius said:
:mad:

The World XI will win, but I disagree with the team on nearly all counts.

The only deseriving player (outside of Flintoff) is...

:wink:

Vettori for god, 2005!

Must say I greatly approve of Muralitharan's inclusion, though. Vettori and Murali on the same team, the two best spinners in the world, it's a dream come true.

:hooray:

Australia just lost their first wicket, Gilchrist bowled by Kallis, 45 off 48. Ponting is the new batsman and Australia are now 1/80.

CricInfo said:
14.1 Kallis to Gilchrist, OUT: first blood! bowled from round the wicket, ball coming back in from outside the off stump, Gilchrist plays down the wrong line and the ball crashes into the stumps -Kallis strikes

Call me bloodthirsty but... :drool:

CricInfo said:
22.2 Pollock to Ponting, OUT: good length delivery outside the off, Ponting comes down the track looking to clear the ropes but
ends up hitting it high up towards the deep cover region, Lara
moving in from the deep judges it to perfection - Australia two down

I wonder if he took his bat and ball and went home. :giggle:

And there goes a third, Martyn for a duck! Caught Vettori, bowled Muralitharan - nice combination! Great catch by Vettori too.

CricInfo said:
23.3 Muralitharan to Martyn, OUT: duck! comes down the track looking to clear Vettori at mid-on but doesn't quiet get to the pitch of the delivery and the ball lobs up towards mid-on, Vettori quickly moves across to his right and takes a good diving catch,

Vettori!!!!!!!!! :love:

Is it fair to say the highlight of Martyn's career was being featured on the ZooTV video? :hmm:

How any team could have Vettori on their team and not use him for his full ten, I cannot fathom.

timothius said:
Is it fair to say the highlight of Martyn's career was being featured on the ZooTV video? :hmm:

:lol: Not like he's ever achieved anything else except the honour of being caught by Vettori today. :wink:

Axver said:

Ha, I didn't realise they used a game from 1992. I would've assumed it was at least one played in the recent month or so.

When I first looked at the date I thought 15 December... from the future!!! Then dissapointment. :(

Wow Australia are going to get slaughtered. :)

Back
Top Bottom