Cricket Super Series-- Australia v World XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A chink in Australia's armor, Clarke out early.

Once again, it would be fair to question the player selection, as it looks like Ntini would have been a good choice for the first two matches.

cleazer said:
A chink in Australia's armor, Clarke out early.

Once again, it would be fair to question the player selection, as it looks like Ntini would have been a good choice for the first two matches.

Ntini has always been a quality performer in Australia

11 97.2 388 17 5/31 2/23 22.82 3.98 34.3 0 1

Pollock would have been dropped on form by now were he not captain, despite the fact there are many other options... Lara, Vettori & Dravid. Kallis' selection too I question.

Some may say Dravid & Lara are performing equally as badly as Kallis & Pollock (and they are), but Pollock & Kallis are bleeding the side in both batting and bowling.

With Gilchrist gone, it looks like the World XI won't need 300 today.

Just while I am playing around in Stats Guru... this shows exactly hot this streak of Daneil Vettori is...

Tests

Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50 W BB BowlAv 5w Ct St

Career 64 1855 137* 24.09 2 9 207 7/87 34.49 12 33 0
Last 10 Tests 10 533 127 48.45 1 2 51 6/28 23.45 5 6 0

Last 30 ODI's.

Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50 W BB BowlAv 5w Ct St

unfiltered 156 935 83 14.38 0 1 150 5/30 33.52 1 36 0
filtered 30 332 83 36.88 0 1 39 5/30 22.64 1 6 0

Amazing. Utterly amazing.

There's a Grand Prix too? Why is everything happening today!

This may just be the best Bathurst race that I have seen.

Muralitharan and Vettori are once again the top 2 bowlers. Its lucky that they'll both be in the test side.

Watson and Hussey each got their second highest totals ever.

Watson raised his average from 27 up to 32. Not bad for an afternoon's work.

Meanwhile, Hussey raised his average from 104 to 123. He's put up some really impressive numbers playing for Australia.

The World XI is going to have a tough time chasing 294. They have to overcome the double-whammy of a returning McGrath and an injured Flintoff.

This one's over.

Time to predict the player of the series:
Gilchrist, right? Unless Lee or McGrath go on a massive spree in the next few overs.

Watson's man of the match.

Adam Gilchrist is the man of the series.

Here's a posting from the BBC message board:

I would like to congratulate Brian Lara on his brilliant Super Series average of 1.6666666666666666666666667. well Brian, you truly poved to everyone that you are the greatest batsmen in the world!

Axver said:
There's a Grand Prix too? Why is everything happening today!

This may just be the best Bathurst race that I have seen.

Fucking right too! I love Marcos usually but today was definitely the height of his prickdom. And the balaclava :eyebrow: I understand they don't need the underwear, their suits are highly fire-rated already, but the headgear is necessary (I have mates who race in the state series).

And go Jason! I'm sure half the neighbourhood heard me screaming him on when he overtook Skaifey! And then when he got overtaken :mad:

blueeyedgirl said:

Fucking right too! I love Marcos usually but today was definitely the height of his prickdom. And the balaclava :eyebrow: I understand they don't need the underwear, their suits are highly fire-rated already, but the headgear is necessary (I have mates who race in the state series).

The aldercation between him and Murphy was priceless and the comments afterwards.

Murphy was 95% in the right on that one. :up:

Back
Top Bottom