Cricket -- New Zealand v Sri Lanka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleazer

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I can't believe the Kiwis on this board don't have a thread going for this yet! :shame:

Well, Sri Lanka is currently at 149/7 after 44 overs.

Things are looking very good for the sheep herders to go up 1-nil in the series.

All out for 163.

Mills, Bond, and Oram each got 3 wickets. Vettori didn't get any, but he gave up the fewest runs.

There's really no way New Zealand should lose this one.

How? Fulton? Perhaps NZ will have a bit of trouble in this ODI after all. We'll see how Fulton and How do.

Slow start for How. 1 run from the first 11 balls he faced. Of course, there's really no rush.

Well, that slow start didn't last long. How now has scored 20 from 24 balls.

Okay, How and Fulton have each reached 50. Pretty darn impressive, considering it's How's debut and only Fulton's second ODI ever.

NZ, meanwhile, are at 136/2, and only need 29 more runs to wrap this up.

Indeed. How got 58, and Fulton made 70 not out.

SL are going to have to work hard just to win one of the ODI's.

SL is 201/5 after 42 overs. So long as NZ go straight to 300 again, they'll be fine.

The target is 256. NZ slowed down a bit after Vincent left. They're still in pretty good shape though. 125/2 after 25 overs.

NZ trying to blow it. They still need 19 runs from the last 3 overs.

WOW, Astle just got bowled, but it was a noball from Vaas.

And now Astle follows it up with a six and a four. Talk about a wild swing of momentum!!! NZ will surely win now.

cleazer said:
They still need 19 runs from the last 3 overs.
Thanks to some wild play, they got all 19 in one over! How about that?

Okay, time for another NZSLODI. Vincent and How both fell early, so it's up to Fleming and Fulton to set things straight. My money's on Fulton.

I was right about Fulton. He got 50. The rest of NZ are struggling a bit. After 37 overs, they're at 165/6. Sri Lanka won't be chasing a massive target.

NZ finish with 224. Nice job by Franklin to get 18 runs in that final over. His 29 is actually his highest ODI score ever.

Hmmm :hmm: SL currently at 150/4 after 31 overs. That's only 8 runs ahead of NZ at the same time, which doesn't seem that bad, but I think NZ will now need to pick up a few quick wickets if they want to win.

Wow, right on cue, Cairns catches Mubarak. 5 for 156.

Whoa, Bond just got both Dilshan and Maharoof!

Last edited:
Who is this Fulton guy? He's already at 62 today. He deserves to be named player of the series. And he deserves to be named to the squad to take on West Indies too.

Fulton run out after reaching 112.

In the 4 ODI's he got 70, 32, 50, and 112. I'd love to see him keep that up against West Indies.

Back
Top Bottom