Cricket - Australia Vs South Africa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3 and a half day test match starting tomorrow

expect to see:

54489.jpg

54988.jpg

55630.jpg

55976.jpg

54384.jpg

057570.jpg

54390.jpg

history

29 tests played between the two teams

south africa 5 wins

the rest are draws and victories to australia, DO THE MATH!

024403.jpg

thank you, come again

Last edited:
Axver said:
I don't think you used enough pictures.

They wouldn't have bothered me half as much if they were of the right team.

Kom Proteas, gaan fok die Aussies op!

I like how he used pictures to communicate his message, obviously the English language is a touch too difficult.

Crashed Car Driver, we were a touch dissapointed you didn't join us for the post Chappell Hadlee series meal, the main course.... your words (or should it be pictures). Please make sure you don't forget to join us after this one. :wave:

timothius said:
I like how he used pictures to communicate his message, obviously the English language is a touch too difficult.

I think his ideas he wishes to convey are a tad too simplistic for words to express.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Ntini has a five-fer, Aussies look in trouble.

But write them off at your peril.

damn straight

2 early wickets tomorrow and australia will be right into them

south africa's tail is nowhere as good as australia's, a tail with nel, langeveldt and ntini is unlikely to patch together scores like the austrailan tail of warne, lee and bracken did adding another 50 for the last 3 wickets

CrashedCarDriver said:

south africa's tail is nowhere as good as australia's, a tail with nel, langeveldt and ntini is unlikely to patch together scores like the austrailan tail of warne, lee and bracken did adding another 50 for the last 3 wickets

Agreed, Australia has a better tail. Unfortunetly for you they have a much stronger top order - which traditionally most of the batting is done.

For pleasure of CCD here is a pictorial of yesterdays play...

56728.jpg

Ponting in a rare moment of thought.

56726.jpg

In the dressing room Ponting seemed exicted by the proposition of a few early blows.

56734.jpg

Justin Langer congratulates his captain lavishly on reaching double figures.

56765.jpg

Champions 2005/6?

Well, for a while it looked like South Africa might not even reach 258, but now Boucher and Pollock have a decent partnership going.

Current score: South Africa 220/6

Nope, the Australians are batting, currently 19/0, and still trailing by 19 runs.

Timo, you gave the pictures captions. I think that's too much for CCD to comprehend. For future reference, please stick with pictures only.

yertle-the-turtle said:

I seem to recall you making a proclamation that New Zealand were the greatest ODI team in the world before the South Africa series.

Oh well.

:wink:

I'm not exactly going to retract that claim though. While New Zealand lost the series 5-0 all games were extremely close (and a series loss doesn't mean you recind your best in the world status - ask Australia) I'm yet to see proof of another team that can chase down a 330+ score.

IMO NZ, Pakistain, South Africa and Australia are fairly closely matched in the ODI arena.

I would say that New Zealand would be the greatest ODI team in the world if they were actually consistent. All of us saw what the Black Caps can do when everyone got their act together on the same day and they beat Australia while setting a world record.

Back
Top Bottom