Cricket : Australia In Bangladesh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Well......You would all think this series could be a white wash....And, well that may be, lets not forgot on not even 12 months ago what happened over in the UK.

Gillespie is back, and I thought this series would be perfect to rest some players and try some new young guys....

Anyways.......

I think Australia should test some youngsters. I think Shane Watson should have played this one, he scored an unbeaten double ton in the Pura Cup final, he was doing so well till the point he had that injury in first Test against West Indies. More so Andy Symonds is no way test match material, he may play some batting cameos but is no way a test match bowler. Mitchell Johnson should be given a chance. Brett Lee has done enough to deserve a rest.

By the way this is a video of some of the best dismisals by Warnie

*h t t p:// video. google.com/videoplay?docid=-8735581696703543175&q=shane+warne

Last edited:
Australia have reason to be optimistic, I think. Despite the big score posted Bangladesh lost about four wickets in the final session after the fireworks from Nafees and Bashar.

bono_man2002 said:
Australia Are all out!

I can see Axver starting to Party ...you anti-aussie you :wink:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Apparently Bangladesh's run rate is currently 5.33 and they lead by 216 runs with 9 wickets in hand according to cricinfo. WOOOOO!!! :hyper:

Australia's lost a wicket now - they're one down for 94, and need 213 to win.

Bangladesh need to bowl very well if they want a chance of winning.

Bangladesh has improved a lot over the last 12 months. One more thing, it shows that Dave Whatmore is the best caoch around. It's so easy to get results when you have bunch of talented players, but when you're a relatively new team where everyone is a starter it's an amazing accomplishment. He also changed the fortune of Sri Lankan cricket and left them in a very solid shape.

Australia must give Lee and Warne a rest. They must test Johnson and Cullen in these conditions. It's an ideal oppurtunity for them. If they dont do that well, you still have Gillespie, MacGill and Clarke.

Jason Gillespie was the key bowler for Australia during their last series win over Indians at home. He keeps the seam upright and his in cutters are lethal on low-bounce flat decks. His nightwatchman-ship is an asset as well. I think he is a key man for Australia's success in bowling department.

It was really unfortunate that he had a tough time in Ashes, maybe it was just in the haircut. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom