Cricket!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love cricket...there's one problem though - it's very complicated to those who don't know the rules. I'd be here for hours trying to explain, lol. Check this site, it looks pretty complete: http://threarah.cjb.net/

BTW, on the topic of cricket, I'm a big fan of the South African international team (being South African myself). Any other SA cricket fans here?

um...summer Slomey?

Hello Bonomobile there are a few cricket freakoids here. Slomey and Brettig being the biggest probably. They tend to favour Aus, but Betty (brettig) will talk your ear off about cricket in general.

Zoomanda and I only comment occasionally, manda likes to point out the good looking players, and I like to inform people that after 5 days 'there is still no result!' when the tests are on.

Seriously though, I'm sure once the season starts you will find a few threads in here!

Welcome to the board too!

Angela Harlem said:
um...summer Slomey?
but summer is almost over :(
:)D)

hmmm, brettig does favour Oz (at least, he should :p)
but he probably still knows about 95 % of all that happened in every match the South African team has played the last 30 years

ACtually Angie, I know a lot more about cricket than I let on.
Betty knows my secrets.
Im as big a fan as he deep down, I just dont know things like how many pieces of leather were chipped out of the 1st ball used in the 2nd test in england on the aussie tour of 1978. :tongue:

Have loved this game all my life and even played for my school, Katoomba Hich - also coached a few girls teams as a teacher - its subtlties and nuences are often hard to explain. I often think you have to grow up with the game to understand it. At the moment I am pretty sick of one sided contests - the recent Indian tour was a breath of fresh air - V V S Laxman and Dravid gave us one of the greatest test matches of all time
England come to Australia in late Oct to play for Ashes - will definitely go to a game

Pamela

Last edited:
You never taught at Katoomba did you???

I dont want to be rude and ask what years you were there darl, but I remember when I was a student at that school, my sister and one of my friends played on the girls KO team. I think we had a pretty strong team too! They would come back from playing girls like Shalvey and Whalan and would gripe and whinge about how poor their attitudes were, then happily annouce the whooping they gave them on the field!

Its a small world Pamela!

Oh! I saw cricket on TV the other nite when I was eating at a restaraunt and I was laughing so hard bc my gram was askin me and my uncle to explain how its played and we both knew but couldnt verbalize it!

Back
Top Bottom