Crest Whitestrips - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2006, 03:54 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:28 AM
I put them on and it hurt so bad that I had to give the pack away. And I don't even have sensitive teeth.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:10 PM   #17
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

That's because whitening products work by gradually eroding the top layers of your tooth enamel. You're also be gradually more open to tooth cavities and decay.

Melon
And by gradually, he means never if you have any sufficient regimen of oral health care.

Whitening toothpastes work through a grit action upon surface stains, such as coffee, tea, brownnose residue.

Whitestrips and Colgate Simply White work through the peroxide method of not only assisting in the cleansing surface stains, but whitening the Enamel structure to the the dentin (The layer below Enamel). There is no significant erosion that results in carious enamel.

Imbibing on an apple without any tooth brush action for a couple of hours is riskier to the tooth than a dabbling of whitening.

NB: Go with professionally fitted trays and high concentration gels for the best results... Never the laser.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

I did some whitestrips on the top for a week and they worked pretty good. I had no issues with sensitivity because my teeth are as sensitive as teeth can be (anything hot or cold, anything sweet, even things you don't normally think of as sweet, like cheddar Doritos).

I tried the Night Effects paint stuff a few years ago and it didn't seem to do anything.

My roommate did a Rembrandt thing and she said it worked so I'm going to try that later on. I don't think it's good to be continuously using these products so I'll wait until before my wedding.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:11 PM   #19
The Fly

*The Night Effects are finicky and quite frankly... a pain to deal with.

*Anything you purchase through a grocery/drug store is not a strong enough peroxide (If at all) to cause any real sensitivity.

*Tied to the last point, if you are going to use grocery/drug store products, it is in your best interest to use them for at least 3X as long as is indicated on the label to see an acceptable effect.

*Opalescence or Night White for the best results.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

ThatU2 are you a dentist or dental hygienist? Do you know if the Rembrandt ones are any good compared to the others?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:11 PM   #21
The Fly

I'm just a knowledgeable consumer. If I were to go with an 'over the counter product', I would suggest a combination of the Crest White Strips and Colgate Simply White. However this would require a regimen 3X as long as a custom tray/gel from a dentist would require as those durations usually run from 18-21 days. A final note... It's probably more economical to go OTC, but more convenient to pull on the ear of your local DDS.

Journal articles available on request... See.... MENSA 'ThatU2'.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatU2
I'm just a knowledgeable consumer. If I were to go with an 'over the counter product', I would suggest a combination of the Crest White Strips and Colgate Simply White. However this would require a regimen 3X as long as a custom tray/gel from a dentist would require as those durations usually run from 18-21 days. A final note... It's probably more economical to go OTC, but more convenient to pull on the ear of your local DDS.

Journal articles available on request... See.... MENSA 'ThatU2'.
Good enough for me! I actually had to cancel my last dentist appt. b/c I couldn't afford it. So combinations are OK? I'll probably try the White Strips again and the Rembrandt thing (it's a tray and gel kind) a month before my wedding.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:02 AM   #23
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:28 AM
'Santa" got me the britesmile treatment last year so I would smile for him all the time and it took about 12 layers of stain off...and I keep my teeth looking as good as they did when they were first whitened with trays that were fitted at the dentist and the professional gel. 3 tubes of gel that you use a little speck of a dot in the tray at 28$ vs 20$ for those silly tapes that aren't half the product.
I recommend the professionally fitted trays, they don't cost half as much as the treatment did. Besides...I did get a cool cast of my smile too.
Honestly...you would have to use a LOT of boxes of tapes to equal what the professional strength gel can do.

FYI: try using a good flouride toothpaste in your tray for about 15 minutes prior to whitening...seems to decrease some sensitivity.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:08 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I chewed that Trident White stuff for about three months and... honestly I didn't notice a difference (maybe it was too gradual? plus I wasn't really paying attention...) but the next time I saw my mom she said "Wow Kristie! How do you get your teeth so white?"

so.. might help