Crest Whitestrips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
Anyone know if these things actually work well?

I'm on my 5th (of ten) day and I'm not seeing a whole lot of results.

My girlfriend is addicted to these, and yes they work, we went to disneyland tonight, and on all the rides, all I saw was her teeth.

I tried them once and was disgusted by how they felt in my mouth :yuck:

I don't believe these products are good for your teeth. Everyone's different and some people are just blessed with healthy white teeth. Smokers, coffee and tea drinkers usually have discolored teeth. There are a lot of toothpastes on the market now that have whitening ingredients in them. I'd say try different products if you want to have "whiter" teeth, see what works for you, or ask a dentist for some recommendations.

The Crest white strips and OTC whitening products are SOOOO much cheaper than having the whitening procedures done in a dental office!

ILuvLarryMullen said:
be careful if you have sensitive teeth because these products can make them even more sensitive

That's because whitening products work by gradually eroding the top layers of your tooth enamel. You're also be gradually more open to tooth cavities and decay.

Melon

I cuoldnt stand keeping them on - so they didnt work.

I used the colgate night effect - it looks like a little bottle of nailpolish- and i saw quick results.

I used them before my wedding and the were amazing! The only problem was that they made my teeth super sensitive to the cold. However when I stop using them the sensitivity went right away. I also used the premium ones I got from my dentist....they are about 100 tims stronger then the ones you can buy at the pharmecy. My teeth glowed!!

my dentist said if you're gonna do this stuff you need to give up coffee, tea etc. or it's counterproductive.

which mean no DP for you imp13:sexywink:
or at least use a straw

and they also make my teeth really sensitive so i've got a ton of different types I never use because i'm just gonna have coffee anyways :slant:

redkat said:

which mean no DP for you imp13:sexywink:

:sad:

I've actually cut down on it anyway in order to lose weight. Worked like a charm too.

the Crest whitestrips work great. I drink a lot of coffee, so I use them every so often.

What melon said sounds a little scary though... I don't want to be eroding away at my tooth enamel :| I've never had a cavity or any serious problems up 'til this point anyway. I do have a receding gum line over one tooth, which is extremely sensitive and will never heal. I don't think this is a related issue though, I was told it's from brushing too vigorously. I guess I should ask my dentist about these products next visit.

melon said:

That's because whitening products work by gradually eroding the top layers of your tooth enamel. You're also be gradually more open to tooth cavities and decay.

Melon

And by gradually, he means never if you have any sufficient regimen of oral health care.

Whitening toothpastes work through a grit action upon surface stains, such as coffee, tea, brownnose residue.

Whitestrips and Colgate Simply White work through the peroxide method of not only assisting in the cleansing surface stains, but whitening the Enamel structure to the the dentin (The layer below Enamel). There is no significant erosion that results in carious enamel.

Imbibing on an apple without any tooth brush action for a couple of hours is riskier to the tooth than a dabbling of whitening.

NB: Go with professionally fitted trays and high concentration gels for the best results... Never the laser.

I did some whitestrips on the top for a week and they worked pretty good. I had no issues with sensitivity because my teeth are as sensitive as teeth can be (anything hot or cold, anything sweet, even things you don't normally think of as sweet, like cheddar Doritos).

I tried the Night Effects paint stuff a few years ago and it didn't seem to do anything.

My roommate did a Rembrandt thing and she said it worked so I'm going to try that later on. I don't think it's good to be continuously using these products so I'll wait until before my wedding.

*The Night Effects are finicky and quite frankly... a pain to deal with.

*Anything you purchase through a grocery/drug store is not a strong enough peroxide (If at all) to cause any real sensitivity.

*Tied to the last point, if you are going to use grocery/drug store products, it is in your best interest to use them for at least 3X as long as is indicated on the label to see an acceptable effect.

*Opalescence or Night White for the best results.

ThatU2 are you a dentist or dental hygienist? Do you know if the Rembrandt ones are any good compared to the others?

I'm just a knowledgeable consumer. If I were to go with an 'over the counter product', I would suggest a combination of the Crest White Strips and Colgate Simply White. However this would require a regimen 3X as long as a custom tray/gel from a dentist would require as those durations usually run from 18-21 days. A final note... It's probably more economical to go OTC, but more convenient to pull on the ear of your local DDS.

Journal articles available on request... See.... MENSA 'ThatU2'.

ThatU2 said:
I'm just a knowledgeable consumer. If I were to go with an 'over the counter product', I would suggest a combination of the Crest White Strips and Colgate Simply White. However this would require a regimen 3X as long as a custom tray/gel from a dentist would require as those durations usually run from 18-21 days. A final note... It's probably more economical to go OTC, but more convenient to pull on the ear of your local DDS.

Journal articles available on request... See.... MENSA 'ThatU2'.

:lol: Good enough for me! I actually had to cancel my last dentist appt. b/c I couldn't afford it. So combinations are OK? I'll probably try the White Strips again and the Rembrandt thing (it's a tray and gel kind) a month before my wedding.

'Santa" got me the britesmile treatment last year so I would smile for him all the time and it took about 12 layers of stain off...and I keep my teeth looking as good as they did when they were first whitened with trays that were fitted at the dentist and the professional gel. 3 tubes of gel that you use a little speck of a dot in the tray at 28$ vs 20$ for those silly tapes that aren't half the product.
I recommend the professionally fitted trays, they don't cost half as much as the treatment did. Besides...I did get a cool cast of my smile too.
Honestly...you would have to use a LOT of boxes of tapes to equal what the professional strength gel can do.

FYI: try using a good flouride toothpaste in your tray for about 15 minutes prior to whitening...seems to decrease some sensitivity.

I chewed that Trident White stuff for about three months and... honestly I didn't notice a difference (maybe it was too gradual? plus I wasn't really paying attention...) but the next time I saw my mom she said "Wow Kristie! How do you get your teeth so white?"

so.. might help :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom