Crest White Strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
...taste DISGUSTING!

Yuck! ::yuck: I just took one off, and I swear, they feel like they leave this filmy stuff on your teeth and a horrible aftertaste.

I was going to do the kit in 28 days (14 for the top, compare with the bottom, then do the bottom) but I don't think I'll be able to take it that long...

good thing they have a money back guarantee. :wink:

my mom tried them last summer (as in 2001) and they didn't whiten her teeth at all. for $45, you'd think she would've at least seen some results!

I tried some of those when they first came out. They made my teeth a lot whiter...but they also made them extremely sensitive. I couldn't bring myself to do the last few strips because I was in so much pain.

Eww- I'm sorry you paid $45 for things that taste too nasty to use. :yuck:

I tried the Colgate brush on stuff, and I think it worked a little bit. I should've taken before and after pictures. :shrug:

AHHH! I forgot to mention they BURN!!! I swear, I put them on and am like, "oooookay....when can I take them off..29 more minutes, 28 more minutes, 27 more minutes..."

Blech.

I am always afraid of the idea of putting something that bleaches (let's face it - that's what they do) in my mouth. Scary. Scary scary. But I do want whiter teeth. *sigh* Oh well at least I know not to use those now.
You learn something new every day.

yeah, that's the thing. i just use a whitening toothpaste. it works just fine for me, everyone compliments me on my teeth. :huh: (who the fuck says "you have lovely teeth?" but i swear to god people do.)

i just have a couple discoloured teeth so that colgate paint-on stuff would be just perfect since it wouldn't have to go on all my teeth. then i'd be like :D.

I'm glad I never bought the crest white strips now! I'd been thinkging about trying them!

My dentist is going to bleach my teeth for free....but I'll be spending $1500 to get a new bridge and get a tooth pulled :no: he said if I got the new bridge (he'd throw in the bleach whitening for free to match the bridge)

I think the only way I'd use anything stronger than whitening toothpaste to whiten my teeth is to have a dentist do it professionally

I've just started using those things and they are gross !!
I don't know if I will be able to do the whole kit...

:hmm: I have thought about trying those things...but maybe now I won't!

:hmm: I tried a whitening toothpaste...and my teeth did look whiter the whole time I used that tube...then I switched toothpastes and I think my teeth went back to normal...

I've used them with good results. No sensitivity, no discomfort, and good whitening results. And I got them for $25 too.

They make your teeth sensitive, because, to whiten them, they burn off a layer of enamel. Hence the "burning" sensation.

Melon

After reading all the threads about the strips I'm not going to buy them. I saw on TV that most of these whitening products do not produce good results. The best way to go is having your dentist do you teeth. The only thing abourt it , is the cost about $500 and it only lasts for 6 months. :eeklaugh:

the cool thing about living here is the stuff is slightly cheaper here. at least as compared to the baltimore metro area. why do i mention baltimore? because that's where my pop-pop lives. my mom is a coupon whore, and he sends her what's left of his sunday coupons every week, and she loves it cuz the amount off is usually more. like, for here, we get $3 off the colgate stuff, whereas his coupon is $5 off! hey it's only 2 bucks but that all adds up!

i mean, thanks to rebates i'm about to get $250 back on a $300 cell phone! :drool: i got rebates on my computer, i got half off on my flat screen television...i guess i just happen to get lucky when it comes to that stuff. :D

Back
Top Bottom