creep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh my god

I'm so funny
someone shoot me please

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

hey-

I noticed (when listening to a boot of the San Diego show) that during Beautiful Day, or maybe it was Elevation? Bono inserts the line "but I'm a Creep", while the Creep guitar riff plays- did this happen at any other shows? I thought it was cool...

------------------
Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash....Mr.

BTBS, Rattle and Hum version

Originally posted by Ody:
Bono inserts the line "but I'm a Creep", while the Creep guitar riff plays- did this happen at any other shows? I thought it was cool...
yes, great parody

inserting shite lyrics in a U2-song
utter brilliance

------------------
Salome

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 09-28-2001).]

Well- it's not "Get up Stand up" which I think works very well in Sunday Bloody Sunday, but it at least makes the show more interesting...

yeah, great parody Salome... i mean, the lyrics to Elevation are so deep, the contrast between the two songs is startling when Bono adds that line, maybe Thom could insert lyrics from Salome during Creep?
smile.gif

--------
I wish i was special, you're so fucking special...

Originally posted by Ody:
hey-

Bono inserts the line "but I'm a Creep", while the Creep guitar riff plays- did this happen at any other shows? I thought it was cool...

Yeh, they did this at Miami on the first night. Fine with me
smile.gif

Did anyone else get into Radiohead after "Creep" had been completely abandoned by the band? To me, it's just another song, and it's sad that they dropped it. Yes, it threatened to make them one-hit wonders, but they overcame it with better music. It's still a great song, it's a shame they hate it so much now. When is the last time they played it live?

I want you to notice when I'm not around...

------------------
Creeps are people too.

I saw Radiohead in Atlanta a few months back and they barely did anything from The Bends
through Pablo Honey. I always find it weird when a talented band denounces their early catelog that made them popular (even though the music is good) because of whatever cry-baby reason - just like Rivers of Weezer is doing now with their Pinkerton album saying that "the cult of Pinkerton is the bane of his existence." Oh fucking please.. you know? Life is sooo bad that people like your stuff and it's enough to really ruin your day? Ugh. Silly willy.

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

HelloAngel, that's strange, because they still play everything from The Bends and a few songs from Pablo Honey, but like U2, I think they would rather concentrate on their recent material (and radiohead released 2 albums in the last year remember)

Yeah, that's a good point. They've plaid The Bends, My Iron Lung, Street Spirit, umm... Just(I think), Fake Plastic Trees, that's at least...
5 songs off of the Bends

Understood.. but at the concert I went to of theirs a few months back, they chose to concentrate on Ok Computer on forward. Which I didn't mind.. but Fake Plastic Trees would have been amazing. The concert was perfection, save for the concert being held at the Meadow at Stone Mountain and we were all standing in shit the whole time.

they have played Lurgee and Creep on this tour from Pablo Honey; they also play b-sides such as Talk Show Host, True Love Waits, Follow Me Around and Lift

I have a couple of Radiohead boots from this tour and they played all but Planet Telex, High and Dry, Sulk and Black Star... so 8 or 12 just on those two shows

not that it's of monumental concern to me, (although i know it's fun to really push a point) i was just relating ONE show I went to.. not commenting on an entire tour. Street Spirit I recall - (and it's a little hard to not hear a song) but Just and Fake were not there.

Not arguing, just relating my particular concert. no big deal.

I was gonna go to that show, too, but I didn't get to go because I was going to the beach with my parents...
frown.gif

When's the last time they played "Anyone Can Play Guitar" or "Stop Whispering", out of random curiosity?

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
yeah, great parody Salome... i mean, the lyrics to Elevation are so deep, the contrast between the two songs is startling when Bono adds that line, maybe Thom could insert lyrics from Salome during Creep?
smile.gif

--------
I wish i was special, you're so fucking special...

You're just like an angel, your shake makes me cry, shake it shake it shake it

wanderer, are you serious they played creep recently???

i thought i had read every single setlist from kid a tour through amnesiac without seeing creep.

please tell me more... this is very interesting. i thought theyd NEVER play it again.

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
maybe Thom could insert lyrics from Salome during Creep?
smile.gif
no, that would just be an insult to human kind

------------------
Salome

salome, do you remember more of that article? any more specifics as to when they last played creep?

this is of interest to me, as i thought they hadnt played it since the OK COMPUTER tour.

------------------
-deathbear

seriosly, can anyone give me any information as when this song was last played, if and or when it was played on the kid a or amnesiac tour??

------------------
-deathbear

Back
Top Bottom