Creedence Clearwater Revival appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Well that was a mouthful. But this is a great American band...and John Fogerty still kicks complete ass on stage :rockon:

Anyone who's a fan of good solid classic rock should run out and buy their Chronicle Vol. 1 CD.

Here's the tracklisting:
1. Suzie Q
2. I Put A Spell On You
3. Proud Mary
4. Bad Moon Rising
5. Lodi
6. Green River
7. Commotion
8. Down On The Corner
9. Fortunate Son
10. Travelin' Band
11. Who'll Stop The Rain
12. Up Around The Bend
13. Run Through The Jungle
14. Lookin' Out My Back Door
15. Long As I Can See The Light
16. I Heard It Through The Grapevine
17. Have You Ever Seen The Rain?
18. Hey Tonight
19. Sweet Hitch-Hiker
20. Someday Never Comes

All classics. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

They are one of my parents' favorite bands, my mom's in particular :). I've heard a lot of their better-known songs as a result of them being played a lot in my house (or, in other words, I know most stuff off that CD :D). Good stuff, indeed :yes:.

I've always been rather fond of their song "Lookin' Out My Back Door" in particular. Fun to sing along to.

Angela

they were huge here in Mexico, in some radio station existed a show called "Creedence vs. The Beatles" because both had a large fan base...

my parents like thier music, I kinda like it too

Living in Texas, I get a lot of people who love the pop-country-shit outfit Cross Canadian Ragweed. Every time someone refers to them as CCR, I get pretty pissed.

Creedence is fantastic. One of my favorite bands of old.

And a footnote: At the Foo Fighters show I went to tonight, they covered Born On The Bayou. It was a great cover.

U2democrat said:
Well that was a mouthful. But this is a great American band...and John Fogerty still kicks complete ass on stage :rockon:

Anyone who's a fan of good solid classic rock should run out and buy their Chronicle Vol. 1 CD.

Here's the tracklisting:
1. Suzie Q
2. I Put A Spell On You
3. Proud Mary
4. Bad Moon Rising
5. Lodi
6. Green River
7. Commotion
8. Down On The Corner
9. Fortunate Son
10. Travelin' Band
11. Who'll Stop The Rain
12. Up Around The Bend
15. Long As I Can See The Light
16. I Heard It Through The Grapevine
17. Have You Ever Seen The Rain?
18. Hey Tonight
19. Sweet Hitch-Hiker
20. Someday Never Comes

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THIS LIST! WOW! This brought back soooooooo many high school memories! Great music, those were some mighty fine times for me, I love CCR and agree, John Fogerty STILL kicks ass! I am going to go out and get this CD this weekend! Great road trip tunes too!

They have many quite unknown songs that are masterpieces as well :drool: as "Walk On The Water", "Bootleg", "Born On The Bayou", "Keep On Choolin´", "Wrote A Song For Everyone", "Effigy", "(Wish I Could) Hideway" and "Rude Awakening #2"

Great band:wave:

Re: Re: Creedence Clearwater Revival appreciation thread

Carek1230 said:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THIS LIST! WOW! This brought back soooooooo many high school memories! Great music, those were some mighty fine times for me, I love CCR and agree, John Fogerty STILL kicks ass! I am going to go out and get this CD this weekend! Great road trip tunes too!

It's an awesome CD, I crank it up everytime I put it on! (Which is often) :rockon:

On a side note: when I was 9 or 10 I remember having to do this homework sheet and one of the 'fun' questions was Name 10 bands so I named CCR as one. The teacher had never heard of them and put a question mark next to the name. :grumpy: :wink:

TheQuiet1 said:
On a side note: when I was 9 or 10 I remember having to do this homework sheet and one of the 'fun' questions was Name 10 bands so I named CCR as one. The teacher had never heard of them and put a question mark next to the name. :grumpy: :wink:

Shame on the teacher! :shame:

YES!! Caught Fogerty this year. Third row and probably the LOUDEST show ever. He had it on 11.

U2democrat said:
4. Bad Moon Rising
6. Green River
9. Fortunate Son
11. Who'll Stop The Rain

:up: to the starter if this thread! So many great tunes but the ones above are my favs. Great grooves and great (if at times odd) lyrics (Lookin' Out My Back Door anyone??). It was great to see "Run Through The Jungle" used in The Big Lebowski.

My friends all thought they were "uncool" at first but they were easily converted and now all own Chronicles. I haven't listened to my copy in ages but I'm gonna tonight!

Back
Top Bottom