Creed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how good is that Altar Bridge band?

I mean let's face it, we all hated Creed because of Scott freakin' Stapp.

Now we've got the diversified talents of Mark Tremonti + the other guys to spread the love.

Yeah.

not to mention they're the ones who did some song with johnny damon...unless i got the wrong band.

mrs.springsteen, help me out.

Please note I did not attend this show, but the local paper gave Alter Bridge a good review when they played in Milwaukee

Freed from Creed, Bridge men rock
Band mates seem more comfortable in new ensemble
By NATHAN LICHTMAN
Special to the Journal Sentinel
Posted: Oct. 3, 2004
By the time Alter Bridge took the stage at the Rave Saturday night, it was clear that the group's former life as Creed was long forgotten.

Advertisement

Creed's remnants - guitarist Mark Tremonti, bassist Brian Marshall and drummer Scott Phillips - played tighter and stronger as Alter Bridge than they ever did in the earlier band.

From the opening notes of "One Day Remains," the melodically efficient title track from the group's debut album, Alter Bridge looked like a band that had just woken from a coma to realize it had won the lottery.

The real star Saturday night, though, was lead singer Myles Kennedy, who with a giant grin and Chris Cornell-like vocals proved he's ready for the big time.

After asking the crowd to make some noise, Kennedy, formerly with Mayfield Four, was overwhelmed by the loud response. "That just consoled all our inner childs," he joked.

Kennedy's vocals on the anthemic rock of "Burn It Down," "The End Is Here" and the set closer, "Open Your Eyes," echoed through the Rave like it was a 20,000-seat arena. Throughout the set, Kennedy was magnetic and much more entertaining than former Creed singer Scott Stapp.

Dressed in a black T-shirt and jeans, Tremonti bounced between frenetic solos and arena-size power chords while Phillips hit the skins harder and faster than he has in the past.

Tracks like the somber "Broken Wings," and the larger-than-life rock of "Find the Real" resonated well with the large crowd, which ran the gamut of ages and backgrounds.

Tremonti also invited two of his heroes - ambidextrous guitarist Michael Angelo Batio and virtuoso Troy Stetina - to play for the crowd and later join the band for a rousing four-guitar cover of Deep Purple's "Highway Star." The peculiar move turned out to be a success and the crowd cheered both guest guitarists.

Judging by the smiles on their faces and roar of the crowd, the guys in Alter Bridge don't have to worry about reuniting Creed down the road.

Openers Crossfade, best known for a moderate hit with "Cold," sounded discombobulated and inconsistent. Bouncing between funky kegger rock and banal metal, the group couldn't lock onto a sound it could call its own. Earlier in the evening, Submersed opened the show to a warm reception with its gregarious stage show and mid-tempo rock.

The paper also gave their Cd a decent review

CD Spotlight: Alter Bridge's 'One Day Remains'
Posted: Aug. 12, 2004
By the time Creed broke up, it was a punch line in the music business. Lead singer Scott Stapp, drenched in his own egomania, seemed more suited for a Spinal Tap redux than rock stardom.

Alter Bridge

Photo/File
Alter Bridge's 'One Day Remains'

Advertisement

Creed's final tour, complete with ridiculous flame geysers and an onstage meltdown by Stapp in Chicago, was the final straw.

Surprisingly, ex-Creed members Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall have survived unscathed in their new group, Alter Bridge. Along with former Mayfield Four singer Myles Kennedy, the quartet sounds more unrestricted and effervescent than Creed ever did on Alter Bridge's debut CD, "One Day Remains" (Wind-up).

Kennedy's vocal range surpasses Stapp's, and Tremonti's guitar work no longer suffocates from formula. "Burn It Down," "Broken Wings" and lead track "Find The Real" are solid modern rock songs that may not be breaking any ground but sound alive and sincere nonetheless.

Unlike Creed, Alter Bridge has focused less on histrionics and spiritual context and more on melody and energy. The results are surprising, and Alter Bridge seems to have built an arch to the rarely attained musical afterlife.

- Nathan Lichtman, Special to the Journal Sentinel

yertle-the-turtle said:
I mean let's face it, we all hated Creed because of Scott freakin' Stapp.

Now we've got the diversified talents of Mark Tremonti + the other guys to spread the love.

Yeah.

They are like Gremlins. Just get them wet and they start multiplying.

High time to say 'Red Sox suck' but then again:

1) It's your year.
2) I don't really care about baseball (although it was nice to see Ichiro break the record and Hideki, to a point anyway, play well).
3) So my opinion technically wouldn't count for anything.
4) Then there would be no point.
5) In other words, it's best to be quiet.
6) Or say something obvious.

Johnny Damon looks like Jesus.

Scott Stapp had to pull a double at Hooters, couldn't make TRL on time. Happy hour and all.

At midnight at my local record store, this guy who worked there took everyone's orders and handed out whichever new releases people were waiting for. When everyone had what they wanted, the guy said, "I'm so proud of you guys! Nobody asked for Creed!" Everyone laughed. :up:

HeartlandGirl said:
At midnight at my local record store, this guy who worked there took everyone's orders and handed out whichever new releases people were waiting for. When everyone had what they wanted, the guy said, "I'm so proud of you guys! Nobody asked for Creed!" Everyone laughed. :up:

that guy rules.

Let's focus on the hits, guys. Altarbridge is where I get my hits, you could say I mainline on them, although not exclusively, just mainly. harhahr.

Anyway, thanks for listening, and I gotta go now, it's time for my brain pump.

That new band without Scott Stapp still sounds exactly fucking like Creed did. Even the singer sounds like him. They still suck! :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom