Creative Advertising Project HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blindinglights7

The Fly
Well, I hope this is the right place to put this thread... can't think of where else it would go. But anyways, sorry if it's in the wrong place.

All of you people on interference are very creative, so maybe you'll have some ideas. I'm in a 11th grade advanced english class, and we have to do this advertising project. It's ridiculous, and I can't come up with anything. Here are the requirements:

*You must create a product or a service that is marketable
*Establish price, purpose, convenience, availablility, packaging, etc.
*Make a prototype of product (or show a result of a service)
*Make a brochure, newspaper ad, and a 30 second radio spot

So basically, I have to come up with a new, genious product and make a marketing plan for it. :huh: Any ideas whatsoever would be much appreciated!

I would suggest tapping into your own needs and try to figure out what you could use. That would narrow your targeted audience down to yourself and your age group and maybe it can apply to both genders. Start there and with defining the purpose and who you will be selling it to first then you can figure out your costs later as well as the marketing aspect of it. That last part should come easy as I dont think you are being graded on the design but rather the whole presenation. I don't know what your deadlines are, but take your time and brainstorm a bunch of ideas both big and small and see what sticks. It doesn't sound as daunting as you made it to be - just take your time and do your research. Make it simple.

i'm an advertising consultant.

how much are you willing to pay for your product to be on my stations? :wink:

I wish my advert/PR/marketing projects were that easy!

This summer, I did a HUGE ass marketing plan (excluding the financial parts b/c the companies were not asked to disclose that info) for a marketing class on a local business called iDrop Inc. They're an "eBay store" - you pay a flat fee and they take care of setting up your auction, shipping the product, storing the inventory, and sending you a check (less their commission). It was kind of a fun project b/c we chose a small business so it was easy to meet with the owner/manager and get all the info we needed. Also, everyone in my group was kind of into eBay so it applied to us.

Do you have to come up with something from scratch, or market an existing good or service?

I remember doing this years (ok, decades) ago.

Have fun with the project. I did a spoof on Apple computer called Veggie computer.

It was a Carrot computer, Corn modem and Green Pea printer. I called it the Mixed Veggie Office System.

A hot market right now is wireless. Think of a service that people would want from their mobile phones (ex. get instant, accurate, real-time set lists from U2 concerts - straight to your phone).

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

Do you have to come up with something from scratch, or market an existing good or service? [/B]

Well, my teacher wasn't very specific on that... which is what makes the project a little more difficult. All she would tell me was 'be creative'. :|

But I think I might have an idea. I'm not really sure if this will come across like i want it to in words or not, but I'll give it a try. Basically, it's a gift basket service. Premade gift baskets are shipped to the recipient. I'd have to have a couple of different themes, such as Christmas, Birthday, Easter, etc. I was thinking a small, medium, and large sized basket. The problem comes in with customizing the baskets... i don't really want to just have a 'standard' filling for the baskets. So, do I give a couple of options for each size of basket? Or not customize??? If I don't allow for a customized basket, the buyer might not be apt to buy it, though. Next, I have to come up with what should be in the baskets... are they for kids or adults or families??? :huh: This seemed like a good idea when I came up with it. Now it seems kind of complicated... but I suppose anything I choose will have its faults, and I have no other ideas. What do all you advertising people think??? Many thanks to everybody who has helped out!

:ohmy: Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm whining... it kinda comes off that way!

blindinglights7 said:

But I think I might have an idea. I'm not really sure if this will come across like i want it to in words or not, but I'll give it a try. Basically, it's a gift basket service. Premade gift baskets are shipped to the recipient. I'd have to have a couple of different themes, such as Christmas, Birthday, Easter, etc. I was thinking a small, medium, and large sized basket. The problem comes in with customizing the baskets... i don't really want to just have a 'standard' filling for the baskets. So, do I give a couple of options for each size of basket? Or not customize??? If I don't allow for a customized basket, the buyer might not be apt to buy it, though. Next, I have to come up with what should be in the baskets... are they for kids or adults or families??? :huh: This seemed like a good idea when I came up with it. Now it seems kind of complicated... but I suppose anything I choose will have its faults, and I have no other ideas. What do all you advertising people think??? Many thanks to everybody who has helped out!

We actually do this at my college. Well, at least some of the RAs do it. They send letters to the parents of all the people on their floor (without the students knowing) offering them a final exam care package to be delivered to their child saying it's from the parents (and I think they can write a customized note to be included). So the parents send back the bill stub and the money if they want to do it, and an exam care package gets delivered to their child when exam week begins.

It easier to be more specific. For example, the service I described above was just for college students and all the baskets are the same. Then you know exactly who your target market is (the parents) and don't have to do a lot of additional research to narrow it down.

Yeah, it's better to just focus on one area, figure out your tarket market, and go with it instead of trying to have an extremely broad line of products in an attempt to appeal to everybody.

Back
Top Bottom