Cream of the Crop Top 30 of 2002 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 01-04-2003, 02:20 AM   #16
The Fly
Local Time: 04:31 PM
Well thank you all for the insights.

No disk: I have checked out !!! and I like most of the stuff, weird noise distortion funk, it is fun.

Ultraviolet, and many others out there, I am a huge Godspeed you black emperor fan, and although they seemed to bearly breach the top 30 their music is phenomenal.

But anyways, if you want some wonderful albums of theirs check out...
Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven : a double Disc set, that is tan coloured with hands on the cover, it is only 4 tracks but each song is 20+ minutes.

Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada- also a great album!

other stuff like this that is good.

Fly Pan am
Explosions in the sky
A silver mt. Zion

these all fit this kind of "space rock" orchestrated noise ensemble thing.

Old 01-04-2003, 10:55 AM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 06:31 PM

A top 30? Hell, I even had trouble with a top 7 in another thread. Last year I bought around 50 CD's, but most were from before 2002. Yeah, I know; I'm always a bit late with catching up. Let's see what did year will bring.

C ya!

P.S. Any top 20 or 30 of 2002 without Solomon Burke is not a complete 'best of 2002' list.

Old 01-04-2003, 11:49 PM   #18
The Fly
Local Time: 05:31 PM
best albums of 2002

Here is my list for best albums of 2002

1>Neil Finn - One All (absolutely amazing; especially driving me mad, wherever you are, and human kindness - its among his best work)
2>RHCP - By the Way (the chilis better kiss John Frusciante's feet because without him, they are only capable of mediocre uninspiring music - just listen to the disasterous One Hot Minute from 1995. everything frusciante does turns to gold)
3>Elvis Costello - When I Was Cruel - his best album since Trust. Every song is great. Especially the james bondish title track. Does anyone else hear this but me.
4>Bruce Springsteen - The Rising (its nice to hear a solid album from bruce again - highlights are Nothing Man, Waiting on a Sunny Day, and Your Missing)
5>Weezer - Maladroit (they are on a one album per year pace - wish U2 could manage this)
6>Beck - Sea Changes (this album would be number 2 on my list if Beck included Ship in a Bottle on the album instead of releasing it just as a bside - what was he thinking, this tune is amazing)
7>Joe Strummer - Global a Go-Go (even though it was released in 2001, i only got to hear it this year - he will be sorely missed)
8>Doves - Last Broadcast - could have been better (Words is amazing)
9>Audioslave - A bit of a letdown considering the talent that made this but its better than another chris cornell solo album
10>Oasis - Heathen Chemistry (not as bad as everyone says it is - the hindu times, stop crying your eyes out, and born on a different cloud are tops).
Old 01-06-2003, 03:30 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
11. Flashpan- New Soul- from our very own Brayton Clevenger. Nearly the entire album was created in the dorm. Great talent, huge ambition, hopefully he doesn't drown in it. Anyone that gets their hands on this gem will agree it is a sleeper hit. naive experence will get brian off the ground. If you are interested in this CD tell me.
What kind of music is this? I've never heard of it.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:45 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:31 AM
i think Pearl Jam should have been included.
Old 01-08-2003, 01:40 PM   #21
love, blood, life
Local Time: 02:01 PM
Neil Finn - One All needs to be up there
beautiful album

otherwise I think you have an awesome musical taste and I will look into several of these.
oh to have money
Old 01-08-2003, 02:24 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:31 PM
Its threads like this that make Bang and Clatter one of my favorite forums.
Now if only I was independatly wealthy I could have all these albums and spend all my time listening........ahhh one can dream I guess......

Old 01-08-2003, 03:06 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict
That's why I download music.