crazy bike rider!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgeboy

Acrobat
Ok so im pulling into my neighborhood right and i see
that there is biker riding beside me but since theres a car right on my tail i decide just to make the turn into my neighborhood fast and the bike rider doesn't even have to put his breaks on but it's fairly close you know so as im waiting for my gate to open to the neighborhood i see the guy coming up behind me yelling and cursing and he rides his stupid bike into the side of my car and makes me roll down my window and starts crazily cursing me out! The guy was fucking insane!
Does anyone have any experiences like this?

lol. Well he was probly pissed because he has the right of way. Though I admit I have been guilty of doing the same.

yeah a few years ago I was driving out to pick my wife (not married then) up from her parents house which is out in the country.

I was driving down a road with no side walks or bike trails and there was a guy on his bike a little bit ahead of me. He was on the side of the road so I moved out towards the middle of the road so I wouldn't be that close to him when I passed. All of a sudden, when I was right behind him, he decides to take a hard left. KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Thankfully he was alright, but he jumped up and started screaming at me. The car behind me stopped and an older guy got out and called the cyclist the 'stupidist fucker i've ever seen.'

Good times.

QFT to those last two comments. Drivers need to learn to share the road with bikers and not to tail them.

Bikers need to learn that if they're going to ride, they need to ride on a bikepath or ON THE ROAD, NOT on the sidewalk. They need to signal and be civil just like a driver should.

Canadiens1160 said:
Drivers need to learn to share the road with bikers and not to tail them.

Bikers need to learn that if they're going to ride, they need to ride on a bikepath or ON THE ROAD, NOT on the sidewalk. They need to signal and be civil just like a driver should.

RIGHT ON BRUDER :up:

courtesy BOTH ways!

edgeboy said:
Ok so im pulling into my neighborhood right and i see
that there is biker riding beside me but since theres a car right on my tail i decide just to make the turn into my neighborhood fast and the bike rider doesn't even have to put his breaks on but it's fairly close you know so as im waiting for my gate to open to the neighborhood i see the guy coming up behind me yelling and cursing and he rides his stupid bike into the side of my car and makes me roll down my window and starts crazily cursing me out! The guy was fucking insane!
Does anyone have any experiences like this?

You cut a guy on a bike off and now you're wondering why he's upset?

Remember that bikes are a helluva lot less stable than a car and offer pretty much no protection in case of an accident. All it would take is a very small amount of contact from you to send him crashing. Maybe it didn't look like he had to use his brakes, but generally speaking if it was "fairly close" you could've just waited and avoided the whole thing.

[/says the guy who's been "doored" while riding a bike]

Re: Re: crazy bike rider!

Diemen said:

Remember that bikes are a helluva lot less stable than a car and offer pretty much no protection in case of an accident. All it would take is a very small amount of contact from you to send him crashing. Maybe it didn't look like he had to use his brakes, but generally speaking if it was "fairly close" you could've just waited and avoided the whole thing.

AMEN [/says the guy who's friend was killed by a car who cut her off while riding a bike]

Last edited:
I live in a beach community where there are lots of bikers on the road so I am ALWAYS careful to give them right of way. I've not had any problems. There are of course plenty of stupid drivers on the road AND there are stupid bikers as well. I am just cautious.

Re: Re: crazy bike rider!

Diemen said:

:up:

I don't like cycling on the road as it is, if someone in a car did that
to me I'd be angry too.

Always give cyclists lots of room - they are one of the most vulnerable road users. Give them time and space, cyclists have to contend with uneven road surfaces and may need to avoid obstructions suddenly.

Even if someone is behaving badly on the road, maintain a safe speed. If you start reacting to it, you are also disobeying the rules of driving.

Highway code :up:
Drivers who don't act responsibly :down:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom