Crawling for love... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 06:36 AM
Crawling for love...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051226...n_051226190715

[q]
British man on his hands and knees for love

Mon Dec 26, 2:10 PM ET

A British man is giving a whole new meaning to begging to be loved as he set off on a 55-mile (88.5 kilometres) crawl on his hands and knees to find a partner.

With a sign saying "Could you Love Me?" strapped to his back and 18 boxes of chocolates trailing behind him on string tied to his wrists and ankles, Mark McGowan began his unusual quest to find a girlfriend.

His route will take him from the site of the Tabard Inn, in Southwark, south London, to Canterbury Cathedral, following the pilgrims' trail made famous in 14th century author Geoffrey Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales".

The 37-year-old performance artist, who said he is also hoping to raise awareness of people left lonely and isolated during the festive period, is hoping to complete the back-breaking task within 30 days.

"I can remember one Christmas I wasn't in a relationship and didn't want to spend it with my family. I ended up cooking two fish fingers. I'm sure a lot of people have had that experience," he said during a well-earned break en-route.

"Some people can spend Christmas in utter desperation and misery and find it difficult to cope with. I hope this encourages people to maybe invite someone over."

McGowan, from Peckham, south London, is no stranger to bizarre stunts or being so close to the tarmac: in 2003 he spent two weeks rolling a monkey nut with his nose seven miles to Downing Street to protest against student debt.

Earlier this year he attempted to cartwheel 57 miles from Brighton to London to highlight the problem of people taking stones from beaches to decorate their gardens. He was forced to give up with a twisted back after four days.

And in 2002, he rolled across London singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" in an attempt to get people to be nicer to cleaners.

On May 5 this year -- polling day for Britain's general election -- he planted 100,000 kisses on a laminated picture of Prime Minister Tony Blair.

McGowan is single.

[/q]

Old 12-26-2005, 08:58 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:36 PM
Re: Crawling for love...

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051226...n_051226190715

[q]
British man on his hands and knees for love

"I can remember one Christmas I wasn't in a relationship and didn't want to spend it with my family. I ended up cooking two fish fingers.

[/q]

loser.

Old 12-26-2005, 09:36 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 11:36 AM

Definitely....quite an unusual "Quest".

Old 12-26-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 11:36 AM

Perhaps he will stop by a pub or two along the way to enlighten his journey....

Old 12-26-2005, 09:59 PM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 11:36 PM
Old 12-27-2005, 01:09 AM   #6
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 03:36 AM
OMG this is so stupid it's funny.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:53 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
"Some people can spend Christmas in utter desperation and misery and find it difficult to cope with. I hope this encourages people to maybe invite someone over."

McGowan, from Peckham, south London, is no stranger to bizarre stunts or being so close to the tarmac: in 2003 he spent two weeks rolling a monkey nut with his nose seven miles to Downing Street to protest against student debt.

Earlier this year he attempted to cartwheel 57 miles from Brighton to London to highlight the problem of people taking stones from beaches to decorate their gardens. He was forced to give up with a twisted back after four days.

And in 2002, he rolled across London singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" in an attempt to get people to be nicer to cleaners.

On May 5 this year -- polling day for Britain's general election -- he planted 100,000 kisses on a laminated picture of Prime Minister Tony Blair.

McGowan is single.
Impractical, but with courage.

It's a pretty passive-aggressive way to bag a girlfriend, though.

I think the cartwheel one is my favorite.

4 days + twisted back =

He'll need a strong woman that can battle his peterpan syndrom....

or maybe he'll just...... eh.....

maybe I'll just stop now