"Crash" movie.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
...you guys have to see this movie, powerful acting and great writing.
Trust me on this one.

poster1_full.jpg

Here the cast....

Sandra Bullock, Don Cheadle, Matt Dillon, Jennifer Esposito, William Fichtner, Brendan Fraser, Terrence Dashon Howard, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Thandie Newton, Ryan Phillippe, Larenz Tate, Nona Gaye.

i hate to be 'susie downer' but i expected great things about this film and overall i would say it was good/bordering on mediocre....
for me it felt a bit magnolia-ish ripoff but i digress...
it's nice for a movie to aim for "moving, powerful and realistic" but all in all it felt too forced...while the cast and acting were both good.....but it was a little to 'hollywood' in the sense that everything was too obvious, the lessons couldnt have been any more obvious or exagerated to show it...
the whole scene with the guy shooting the little girl was horribly over the top to reach sentiments and seem touching & moving...
all in all it seemed a bit cheesy.

i wouldnt call this movie bad but for me i would slump it in with films like million dollar baby and forest gump

I liked it. The finale with the little girl was signposted right from the start when her Dad gave her his 'cloak' It has it's faults, but then most films do and the acting in this one was superb, with the writing not too bad either.

^ Yeah, that part got to me.......I have a daughter her age....

I will see any movie with Don Cheadle.....he is my favorite actor.

Great cast, mediocre movie that tries way too hard to be deeper and more socially conscious then it is.

elevation2u said:

the whole scene with the guy shooting the little girl was horribly over the top to reach sentiments and seem touching & moving...
all in all it seemed a bit cheesy.

I thought it served to turn the movie into a sorta fairytale. I loved it. Not as great as Magnolia but a very good film.

I thought this was an excellent film. The topic of racism is a very sensitive one and felt this film showed some real life situations and reactions.

Yes, the scene with the little girl was hokey but that was not the point of the movie. It was a thought provoking film about stereotypes and our interactions with one another.

:up:

I thought this movie was great. The acting and writing are both superb. Its nice to see a movie that makes you think.

I thought it was great too, Oprah did a show about it last week :wink:

Seriously, the stories some of the cast members told about their experiences w/ racism were chilling. They're on oprah.com if anyone's interested.

Very good movie. I think it did a good job of pointing out how all of people's various struggles intersect and inform our dealings with other kinds of people. It all ties together very nicely and actually reveals how similiar people really are, notwithstanding our various classifications.

I thought the director did a nice job finding a mood to guide us through the various strands of story. Although, the mood may've been a bit too sullen in its perspective because for most of the movie I didn't have a high opinion of people. The writing deserves high marks for its vision of societal interaction. It may've been a bit Los Angeles specific, though. It's interesting how most everybody sort of quietly did the right thing, in the end. The movie didn't play this up, but I guess it offered a grain of hope for us all in its own way.

I loved this movie, the acting was great and I came out of it thanking the deities that I didn't live in a country with a gun culture.

Back
Top Bottom