Crappy Album Art - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2005, 01:46 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 02:07 AM
tennispunk
I am glad that you have said it about the new U2 album, I think the album cover is ugly as well. I think any album with just a portrait is ugly, epecially of pop stars

Old 01-05-2005, 04:46 AM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:07 PM
barenaked ladies - everything to everyone (the one with the band looking retardedly off into the distance against the dumb sunset holding a white flag)...actually, all their album art sucks.

lars frederiksen & the bastards - the viking, or viking, whatever that thing is called. ok, i just don't like that album in general. i tried, didn't work.

blood for blood - outlaw anthems.

some others.

Old 01-16-2005, 11:37 AM   #18
The Fly

Local Time: 04:07 AM
ok, call me crazy, but I have the special ltd edition cd album, dvd, & book (at least, that's what is says on the cover, titled U2//HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB...and it has no cover. It's just a gaping hole trough which you can view the CD (concentric black/red motif) or, if you are playing the CD, a representation of the same. So for me HTDAAB has *NO* cover art.

The book(let) is a bit disappointing as well, no lyrics, or even proper schematics for dismantling an Atomic bomb! It appears they've put their efforts to making music, which suits me just fine and I don't even feel cheated...

FWIW, the Bon Jovi Elvis tribute/ripoff spoof is ok with me, the original gold lamE Elvis cover is a classic such a part of the public that domain that sampling/recreation is ok. Jon was probably just paying hommage, when he singed off that one...
Old 01-16-2005, 01:03 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:07 PM
Whoever said that ANY Storm Thorgerson cover isn't good (especially DSoT) does not understand Storm and what he tries to accomplish.

EVERY Storm Thorgerson art kicks major ass. It's all very surreal and intelligent.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

the libertines. (album, not band.)

the cover photo is all 'here's the talent behind the band and next to him is some junkie we pulled off the streets' and the rest of the booklet just looks like nobody could be arsed to create some artwork so they opted for lyrics printed in a nice font instead. love the album but can't look at the cover.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:07 PM
i don't understand why u2 has to pose like boybands.

i know very well what they look like, as does everyone else who's been on earth for the past 25 years.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:27 PM   #22
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
i don't understand why u2 has to pose like boybands.

i know very well what they look like, as does everyone else who's been on earth for the past 25 years.
Give me a break, there is nothing there that looks like poppy boy band pictures out there, go do a search and look for yourself, they are way diffrent.I love the artwork, its a simple photograph of the band, and simplicity is the best, wh does everything have to be so complicated, or be so out of this world, its a great picture, and there expressions, and there body language suits the album perfectly.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:36 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by macphisto23

Give me a break, there is nothing there that looks like poppy boy band pictures out there, go do a search and look for yourself, they are way diffrent.I love the artwork, its a simple photograph of the band, and simplicity is the best, wh does everything have to be so complicated, or be so out of this world, its a great picture, and there expressions, and there body language suits the album perfectly.
that was horrible.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:43 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:07 PM
Old 01-16-2005, 03:26 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

yuck.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:35 PM   #26
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

that happens to be my favourite elvis cover. seriously. and living in elvisland (in fact, i live near where he used to live and near a lot of his favourite haunts) i should know.

being the resident (and only) duran duran fan, i'll pick two of theirs. their one-two punch of 88's big thing and 89's decade were horrible.