Crapaud, Prince Edward Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit. The small matter of an early start. Night guys :wave:

I think I've returned to my postwhoring best today. Well, maybe not my best, but a pretty good level.

I bet university assignments will motivate you to even higher levels. :wink:

Have a good one! :wave:

Buy your own TV. And turn it up really loud so that it drowns out their crappy shows.

If I wanna do that, I'd go practise :wink:

... which I really should do. :reject:

Even with a relatively decent exchange rate ("relative" being the operative word), it's still depressing watching my money chopped in half in GBP.

If I wanna do that, I'd go practise :wink:

... which I really should do. :reject:

Even with a relatively decent exchange rate ("relative" being the operative word), it's still depressing watching my money chopped in half in GBP.

"Should" being such a key word. :laugh:

Personally, I think if I were going anywhere, I'd just head back to New Zealand and watch my money go up. :wink:

Hahaha, Paul McDermott for the win. "The Commonwealth Bank will announce its full year results: We made a lot of money and our ads with stupid Americans gave everyone the shits." So, so true. :laugh:

Personally, I think if I were going anywhere, I'd just head back to New Zealand and watch my money go up. :wink:
*considers*

I think most of the appeal for the UK for me is that I know a lot of people there, and I guess I had the sneak preview last year. I would love to see NZ too, but I see that as more of a holiday destination, I dunno. Plus Europe is right next door to the UK, and it would take a long time to see the stuff I wanna see. But I suppose that would be true anywhere... I just don't know what I want to see in NZ, aside from Ruapehu... erm... Ruhapehu... that volcanic stuff, and the South Island in general.

I guess the UK is more of a bigger adventure, and I wanna do something before I'm too old for this working holiday visa. Might as well go for the big one!

And you know, there might be the small matter of certain bands touring next year to consider as well... :D

Hahaha, Paul McDermott for the win. "The Commonwealth Bank will announce its full year results: We made a lot of money and our ads with stupid Americans gave everyone the shits." So, so true. :laugh:

:lol:

*considers*

I think most of the appeal for the UK for me is that I know a lot of people there, and I guess I had the sneak preview last year. I would love to see NZ too, but I see that as more of a holiday destination, I dunno. Plus Europe is right next door to the UK, and it would take a long time to see the stuff I wanna see. But I suppose that would be true anywhere... I just don't know what I want to see in NZ, aside from Ruapehu... erm... Ruhapehu... that volcanic stuff, and the South Island in general.

I guess the UK is more of a bigger adventure, and I wanna do something before I'm too old for this working holiday visa. Might as well go for the big one!

And you know, there might be the small matter of certain bands touring next year to consider as well... :D

Everyone I know who's done the working holiday sort of thing in the UK has really enjoyed it, but given the cost of living over there and the shocking exchange rate, I can't say I find it the most riveting prospect. Then again, I've never been one for that sort of temporary stuff; the idea of doing a semester studying in some university overseas would freak me out if I were to do it. If I were to bugger off to the Northern Hemisphere, it'd be for good - and probably to Norway rather than the UK. Before I settled on doing New Zealand history, I was rather seriously considering something like that, but now being any further away from NZ than Australia would just fuck me over career-wise. Kind of need to be able to pop back to the national archives in Wellington and whatnot!

Yes, there might be the small matter of certain bands touring ... like Porcupine Tree. :wink: No, actually, I think they're finally finishing their touring cycle later this year and will be recording all next. So fucking jealous of all the awesome gigs Europe gets, though.

And Ruhapehu? :tsk: But if you ever were to holiday in New Zealand, I think you better make it a long one, given all the geological stuff there to keep you occupied ...

Yes, there might be the small matter of certain bands touring ... like Porcupine Tree. :wink: No, actually, I think they're finally finishing their touring cycle later this year and will be recording all next. So fucking jealous of all the awesome gigs Europe gets, though.

And Ruhapehu? :tsk: But if you ever were to holiday in New Zealand, I think you better make it a long one, given all the geological stuff there to keep you occupied ...
I'll see if I can get to a PT gig for you... but if they'll be recording next year, might not happen!

There's a crapload of stuff I want to see in Aus too, geological or otherwise... but I guess I've got that thing where you just go, "oh, I can always do that later". Well, I know the Barrier Reef's days are numbered... :slant:

Hey Ali. :wave: Yeah, I should be set for Tafe tomorrow. Just watching Media Watch now.
Sweet.

I'll see if I can get to a PT gig for you... but if they'll be recording next year, might not happen!

There's a crapload of stuff I want to see in Aus too, geological or otherwise... but I guess I've got that thing where you just go, "oh, I can always do that later". Well, I know the Barrier Reef's days are numbered... :slant:

You know, if anything's most likely to get me to visit North America again or Europe, it's a fucking Porcupine Tree tour. :laugh: If I'd had the money, I so would have been in Europe last year when Pure Reason Revolution were their support band.

I'm still pissed I missed out on going to the Reef for grade ten geography. The rest of the class went, but taking the albino guy for a week on some island whose name I can't recall didn't seem like a good idea to anyone but me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom