Crapaud, Prince Edward Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CRJU 20413 - Intro/Criminal Justice
Mo 6:30PM - 9:10PM Beasley Hall 4 Bowman,Theron Laneal 8/25/2008 - 12/19/2008

HIST 30253 - Pop Culture-Early Mod Europe
TuTh 2:00PM - 3:20PM Winton-Scott Hall 247 Campbell,JoEllen M. 8/25/2008 - 12/19/2008

MUSI 10073 - From Rock to Bach
TuTh 11:00AM - 12:20PM Moudy Building 141N Garwell,Robert P. 8/25/2008 - 12/19/2008

RTVF 20213 - Video I

MoWe 10:00AM - 10:50AM Moudy Building 156S Staff 8/25/2008 - 12/19/2008
Laboratory We 1:00PM - 3:50PM Moudy Building Sound Stage A Staff 8/25/2008 - 12/19/2008

RTVF 20523 - Business Of Media
TuTh 11:00AM - 12:20PM Moudy Building 156S Timmer,Joel Thomas 8/25/2008 - 12/19/2008

RTVF 20583 - Media Analysis

We 6:30PM - 9:20PM Moudy Building 156S Staff 8/25/2008 - 12/19/2008

Plus I need to find a way to take Japanese, and that last class i'm waitlisted for, and I need to add on another class somewhere, hopefully another history one. Double Majoring sucks

Yeah, but almost nobody lives on campus here - and most of those who do are international students. I find it kind of bizarre how many people do in the US. I have a two hour break, but it's not too bad really. U-Wen's also got a break then, so I imagine we'll grab lunch and go to the free concert that's held at uni every Tuesday. If it were closer to a 3 hour break, I'd have time to come home and sit around for 1, 1.5 hours and have lunch here, but it's not worthwhile on a 2 hour break.

I don't know what i'd do if I couldn't live on campus, I'm not prepared to live in housing in another state without my parents quite yet. Especially being over 1,000 miles from home

Eh, I'm staring down the barrel of 4, probably 5 days of uni next year.

If I can get away with 4 it would be brilliant, gives me a day of catching up...er..doing nothing? :D

eight classes??

No :lol: The class I'm waitlisted for, I don't anticipate getting into, and there's no possible way for me to take Japanese. But I'm behind in credits, and can't afford a fifth year, so when I can get away with 7 I'll take it.

Eh, I'm staring down the barrel of 4, probably 5 days of uni next year.

If I can get away with 4 it would be brilliant, gives me a day of catching up...er..doing nothing? :D

I have NEVER done five days - in fact, in three years of university, I've not once had a Friday class. This semester I've classes three days a week. I once managed two but normally have had to do three or four.

I have NEVER done five days - in fact, in three years of university, I've not once had a Friday class. This semester I've classes three days a week. I once managed two but normally have had to do three or four.

If my schedule stays exactly as it is ATM, I won't have any Friday classes for the first time.

No :lol: The class I'm waitlisted for, I don't anticipate getting into, and there's no possible way for me to take Japanese. But I'm behind in credits, and can't afford a fifth year, so when I can get away with 7 I'll take it.
good lord. i took five classes, but i could've taken a sixth, but it would've been tough.

this was also spread out over three, sometimes four days. four m-w-f classes, and the fifth at night/online. the night class i usually managed to get on wednesday nights.

I don't know what i'd do if I couldn't live on campus, I'm not prepared to live in housing in another state without my parents quite yet. Especially being over 1,000 miles from home

I couldn't tolerate living on campus. I need my privacy, you know? I like having my own space, I like having my own kitchen and laundry and stuff, and honestly, I did the maths and it actually works out marginally cheaper to live on my own than on campus.

I suppose the time table might be different next year, but I had a look at the Swinburne Timetable for the civil engineering course, and I think I just couldn't fit everything into 4 Days....but Timetables is the least of my worries at the moment!

I couldn't tolerate living on campus. I need my privacy, you know? I like having my own space, I like having my own kitchen and laundry and stuff, and honestly, I did the maths and it actually works out marginally cheaper to live on my own than on campus.

:up:

There's no way I'm going to live on campus. Maybe i'd have done it a few years back, If I'd done uni straight from High School....but now, not a chance. My plans for next year are:

Option 1: Move in with Girlfriend
Option 2: Move in with friends for a share house.

It depends on a lot of factors....like which Uni I'm going to, costs, ect.....ehh...

Oh it's DEFINITELY cheaper to live off campus at this place. I go to a ridiculously expensive school, that honestly I can't afford. But, I would absolutely HAVE to have a job if I lived off campus, and I like having a job just because I have some spare time (Yeah, Khan, laugh it uP)

good lord. i took five classes, but i could've taken a sixth, but it would've been tough.

Here, a full time load is considered four classes (standard classes anyway; some courses have classes with only half the usual weighting, in which case you may end up doing more). They'll let you sign up for a fifth, but don't recommend it. Six or more requires permission of the head of faculty.

I love how things are meant to work in theory. A standard class is meant to use up 12.5 hours a week. Now, one hour of that is a tutorial. 1.5 hours of that is lectures for History and 2 hours for lectures in PolSci. But that's just 2.5/3 hours! The remaining 9.5/10 hours are meant to be done in your own time, doing course readings and writing assignments. Do you think anybody actually does the full 12.5?

LIKE HELL.

Oh it's DEFINITELY cheaper to live off campus at this place. I go to a ridiculously expensive school, that honestly I can't afford. But, I would absolutely HAVE to have a job if I lived off campus, and I like having a job just because I have some spare time (Yeah, Khan, laugh it uP)
:lol: spare time?!

i couldn't resist :wink:

Here, a full time load is considered four classes (standard classes anyway; some courses have classes with only half the usual weighting, in which case you may end up doing more). They'll let you sign up for a fifth, but don't recommend it. Six or more requires permission of the head of faculty.
yeah, a full time student is one who takes at least four. my advisor never acted like five was a lot of classes; but more than six requires permission as well.

but i mean, really? maybe people wouldn't need to take more than four courses at once if the requirements to get a degree weren't stricter and stricter. it's pretty much impossible to get a bachelors in just four years these days. it takes five now, and that's if you don't fail anything.

So, Ax, what's the deal? That was a really short break. Or is this more like your winter break, and you have a long break in the summer like we do?

:up:

There's no way I'm going to live on campus. Maybe i'd have done it a few years back, If I'd done uni straight from High School....but now, not a chance. My plans for next year are:

Option 1: Move in with Girlfriend
Option 2: Move in with friends for a share house.

It depends on a lot of factors....like which Uni I'm going to, costs, ect.....ehh...

Yeah, have you seen the prices for the halls of residence? They're fucking insane.

The property/rentals market is really fucking difficult right now, so if you're going to do option 2 (or if option 1 means living anywhere other than where your girlfriend currently lives), I strongly, STRONGLY recommend you start looking as soon as possible. If you're sharing with anybody who has good prior rental history, that will help you A LOT.

So, Ax, what's the deal? That was a really short break. Or is this more like your winter break, and you have a long break in the summer like we do?

Since we have sensible seasons ( :wink: ), our university year runs with the calendar year. So yes, that was my midyear break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom