Crapaud, Prince Edward Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we have sensible seasons ( :wink: ), our university year runs with the calendar year. So yes, that was my midyear break.

So at the end of the year will you have a long break, or do you never have a long break?

Oh it's DEFINITELY cheaper to live off campus at this place. I go to a ridiculously expensive school, that honestly I can't afford. But, I would absolutely HAVE to have a job if I lived off campus, and I like having a job just because I have some spare time (Yeah, Khan, laugh it uP)

It seems the expectation here is that living on campus should be cheaper - which is why my father was very insistent that I apply for one of the halls of residence.

I then did the sums of all my expenditures and told him that even if I applied to the cheapest hall of residence, I would still be about $500 better off per year if I lived off campus.

imgad

This add is apparently telling me that all punk rockers are bulimic.

It seems the expectation here is that living on campus should be cheaper - which is why my father was very insistent that I apply for one of the halls of residence.

I then did the sums of all my expenditures and told him that even if I applied to the cheapest hall of residence, I would still be about $500 better off per year if I lived off campus.

God, the worst thing is that, at least last semester, I got to live in one of the single rooms. And it was wonderful. This year, I'm stuck in one of the suites, so I have my own room, but it's a smaller room, because I'm sharing a living space with a girl I don't know. :sad:

but i mean, really? maybe people wouldn't need to take more than four courses at once if the requirements to get a degree weren't stricter and stricter. it's pretty much impossible to get a bachelors in just four years these days. it takes five now, and that's if you don't fail anything.

That's insane. A Bachelor of Arts here still only takes three years, with an optional fourth Honours year if you're going on to postgrad.

Some of the other degrees are longer, though. I know the Bachelor of Education is four years.

That's insane. A Bachelor of Arts here still only takes three years, with an optional fourth Honours year if you're going on to postgrad.

Some of the other degrees are longer, though. I know the Bachelor of Education is four years.

It's so fucking stupid that I have to take some of these core classes. And why the fuck does band not count as a Fine Art?! I have no intention of being anywhere in science, so why do I have to waste my time on TWO science classes (and science classes always carry with them a lab.)

ugh. if only i could afford to go to school abroad. because i don't get it, you waste so much time here taking science, maths, etc. if it has nothing to do with your major. didn't i get all that shit out of my system taking it for 12 years in school? it's ridiculous.

It's so fucking stupid that I have to take some of these core classes. And why the fuck does band not count as a Fine Art?! I have no intention of being anywhere in science, so why do I have to waste my time on TWO science classes (and science classes always carry with them a lab.)

This is the other thing that makes American university sound so shithouse to me: the fact that it sounds just like high school, with having to do courses from disciplines well outside what you're actually studying. I've never done anything other than History and Political Science courses. Sure, the option's there if I want it (though anything outside the faculty of Arts, e.g. a science or engineering course, would 1. require special permission and 2. not count towards my degree), but I haven't taken them up on it. Some sociology might have been fun, but I'm comfortable with what I'm doing.

This is the other thing that makes American university sound so shithouse to me: the fact that it sounds just like high school, with having to do courses from disciplines well outside what you're actually studying. I've never done anything other than History and Political Science courses. Sure, the option's there if I want it (though anything outside the faculty of Arts, e.g. a science or engineering course, would 1. require special permission and 2. not count towards my degree), but I haven't taken them up on it. Some sociology might have been fun, but I'm comfortable with what I'm doing.

Agreed. The only irrelevant stuff I've done is actually now proving useful.

Agreed. The only irrelevant stuff I've done is actually now proving useful.

What are you doing now? Have you ditched journalism?

And I was lucky that when I changed majors from International Relations to PolSci, it didn't really change anything for me since every IR course counts as a PolSci course too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom