Crap, Albania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh. i love getting new glasses because it's something different, but i always hate the whole getting used to them period. :sad:

Oh god, the last time I got new glasses, they actually fucked it up and made them 10 times stronger than they should be (someone misread a decimal point somewhere!). The people at the store tried to tell me that I just needed to get used to the new prescription. So I gave it a try for one night - ha, that didn't work all too well.

This place will likely slow down a bit when people like Ian and I go back to university after our winter holidays. It's been noticeably quicker the last few weeks than it was for May and the first half of June, when the first semester was in its most intense period.
Yeah, that's the way online lives tend to work. They go into overdrive on breaks, making threads like this one go by in a flash and then lighten up when studies have a say so!

This one?
bbat.gif

:tongue:
Yes! That's the one.
I am surprised you can still do that!

Oh god, the last time I got new glasses, they actually fucked it up and made them 10 times stronger than they should be (someone misread a decimal point somewhere!). The people at the store tried to tell me that I just needed to get used to the new prescription. So I gave it a try for one night - ha, that didn't work all too well.
:yikes: i can see just fine with them thankfully (and if i'm not crazy, i can see better further away than i used to) since the prescription didn't change that much. maybe it's just because i woke up with a headache, but my eyes have been hurting all day :mad:

and 10 times stronger? eek! could you see any better with them?

:hmm: i haven't had a different hair cut in forever. though i can't imagine there's that many different styles for long hair. at least nothing that wouldn't require me to stand in the mirror for an hour fucking with it.
I had long hair for a while but then I got it cut and even now, a couple weeks later, I still keep messing with it 'cause it's weird not having it lay on my neck anymore!
I can't stand long hair. It's too hard for me to keep up with because my hair is so thick.

Yeah, that's the way online lives tend to work. They go into overdrive on breaks, making threads like this one go by in a flash and then lighten up when studies have a say so!

Yep! Though I try to balance things so that I can keep some semblance of an online presence. Last semester, I did take a hiatus, I think for about four days to focus on my work, but that was partly due to bad planning and I don't intend to repeat it.

Yep! Though I try to balance things so that I can keep some semblance of an online presence. Last semester, I did take a hiatus, I think for about four days to focus on my work, but that was partly due to bad planning and I don't intend to repeat it.
I was out of school by the time that I ever got active into the internet. But I do still have occasions where I am required to break from it (interviews, apps, taking care of mum and stuff like that.). But usually I am pretty much online a lot of the time. A hiatus would kill me. :lol:

:yikes: i can see just fine with them thankfully (and if i'm not crazy, i can see better further away than i used to) since the prescription didn't change that much. maybe it's just because i woke up with a headache, but my eyes have been hurting all day :mad:

and 10 times stronger? eek! could you see any better with them?

You were up postwhoring too late and didn't get enough sleep, huh? :tsk:

I want to get new reading glasses, since I really don't like my frames - and I don't just mean aesthetically either; they're getting a bit flimsy and one lens pops out sometimes when I clean it. But my prescription essentially hasn't changed and my glasses cost so much that I can't justify getting new ones without a new prescription or a total frames failure. Because of the complicated nature of my lenses, they can't just take them out of the current frames and shave them down for another pair. I asked about that back in 2006. :sigh:

No, everything was just blurry and my eyes hurt! I quickly swapped back to my old pair.

I was out of school by the time that I ever got active into the internet. But I do still have occasions where I am required to break from it (interviews, apps, taking care of mum and stuff like that.). But usually I am pretty much online a lot of the time. A hiatus would kill me. :lol:

I only took a hiatus from Interference. No way could I have done any more. Sure, I can procrastinate for a bit on LJ or Railpage Australia, but nowhere near as badly as I can here. I had this placement at the Royal Historical Society of Victoria and suddenly push came to shove (partly due to a miscommunication completely beyond my control) and I needed to do a lot of work. I knew I wouldn't do it, at least not to my usual standard, if I didn't take a break from the Superthreads. And my marks mean a lot to me. So I took the break and got things done.

Later, whores. See you in a few hours. And Ax, don't stay up all night :wink: It's nearly 4 AM.

I had long hair for a while but then I got it cut and even now, a couple weeks later, I still keep messing with it 'cause it's weird not having it lay on my neck anymore!
I can't stand long hair. It's too hard for me to keep up with because my hair is so thick.
:love: i have thick hair too, but i have to keep it long. i've had it short numerous times but i think i look better with longer hair. i'm still trying to grow it out a couple inches :hmm:

Later, whores. See you in a few hours. And Ax, don't stay up all night :wink: It's nearly 4 AM.

:lol: I've been setting these targets for when to leave in my mind. 2am came and went, as I expected. 3am passed. 400 posts passed. But I think I'll stick to 4am. Maybe 4:15.

Have a good one! :wave:

I only took a hiatus from Interference. No way could I have done any more. Sure, I can procrastinate for a bit on LJ or Railpage Australia, but nowhere near as badly as I can here. I had this placement at the Royal Historical Society of Victoria and suddenly push came to shove (partly due to a miscommunication completely beyond my control) and I needed to do a lot of work. I knew I wouldn't do it, at least not to my usual standard, if I didn't take a break from the Superthreads. And my marks mean a lot to me. So I took the break and got things done.
I guess you could call my long periods of time where I didn't come to interference sort of hiatuses. :lol:
I would visit, post once or twice and then leave. Was never really addicted to it. Until recently...

I've taken LJ hiatuses though. Some announced, some not. :laugh:

You were up postwhoring too late and didn't get enough sleep, huh? :tsk:

I want to get new reading glasses, since I really don't like my frames - and I don't just mean aesthetically either; they're getting a bit flimsy and one lens pops out sometimes when I clean it. But my prescription essentially hasn't changed and my glasses cost so much that I can't justify getting new ones without a new prescription or a total frames failure. Because of the complicated nature of my lenses, they can't just take them out of the current frames and shave them down for another pair. I asked about that back in 2006. :sigh:

No, everything was just blurry and my eyes hurt! I quickly swapped back to my old pair.
that's the thing! i didn't go to bed late at all, and felt as close to well-rested as i can get on a work day. it's sunny outside with just a few clouds in the sky, so it's not like a front is coming in! i hate days like this where i can't figure out why i have a headache. maybe it's time to change my migraine prevention medicine...AGAIN :scream:

yeah, i don't think they can do that with my lenses either. my left lens is just about nothing, i think there's just a tiny prescription in there. but my right? god, the lens is so thick! and it was even thicker back before they found ways to make them thinner! these are the first eyeglasses i've had in a while where the lens doesn't stick out at the bottom because it's so thick. now i've got plastic frames so it covers everything.

that's what i figured. i haaaaaaaaate hate hate trying on glasses at the doctor's office. since they have no prescription, my eyes hurt so much. if i try on several, sometimes i'll have to put on my glasses for a sec to make them stop hurting so much. :uhoh:

:love: i have thick hair too, but i have to keep it long. i've had it short numerous times but i think i look better with longer hair. i'm still trying to grow it out a couple inches :hmm:
My hair takes 5 hours to air dry when it's long. Since I bleach it blonde, I can't use a blowdryer on it without totally frying the hell out of it. And it gets to where I can't get a brush through it. :angry: So I just keep it short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom