Crap, Albania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I normally can't stand the pre-sliced cheese. Even the better quality stuff tastes a bit ... plasticy to me. I used to use it fairly frequently though, before I got a good cheese slicer. Without my good cheese slicer, I have a habit of butchering blocks of cheese.

Hah, my mother is normally totally incompetent with technology, but mobile phones are one thing she can use very effectively and she completely outdoes me there. She can barely type on a computer, we're talking 10 words a minute if she's lucky, but she can text extremely fast. Though she's still a bit out of touch. She uses "lol" to mean "lots of love" and I haven't the heart to tell her what it really means, since she only uses it in texts to me anyway.
I am sure that we'd save a lot of money on cheese if we did that! I am not too fond of sliced cheese anyways, to be honest. There was a very long period of time (years.) where I wouldn't eat it at all. People would make sandwiches, asked if I wanted cheese and I'd just tell them no. I had a spell of not liking it at all. Maybe that's why.
I'd butcher my hand if I tried to cut a block of cheese! :lol:

Both of my parents are pretty technologically behind the times, so to speak. Either of them is lucky to know how to turn on a computer, let alone work one! They think that I'm a speed demon at typing. Which I'll admit, yeah, I tend to be pretty fast (with the occasional typo) but I am by no means, a speed demon at typing. As for texting? I've tried it, I fail at it. I screw up a lot and it takes me forever to get one word. :laugh:

:shifty: Oh didn't you know?
I'm just a figment of all of your imaginations.

So I'm just imagining that you're about to out-postwhore me? :(

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 331
User Name Posts
Axver 84
Serena Vox 84
RegularBonoFan 52
Varitek 42
phillyfan26 23
The Sad Punk 23
Eazy-V 17
LemonMelon 4
major_panic 1
Zootlesque 1

So much for you just calling in briefly! :laugh:

Oh god, I've noticed American TV shows sometimes do that for anybody without an American accent. It pisses me off. Besides being rude to the person speaking, I also think it says something about how unintelligent and inward-looking they think American audiences are.

And :lol: - what were their findings in the end?
Well, with all the disembodied noises (bottles rattling with no bottles around, plates rattling for no reason) plus the photograph of the apparition of William Larnach, They ruled it haunted. While the building was being evacuated, Deborah, the Kiwi woman, told them the story of another time when the fire alarm went off. It was the anniversary, to the hour to the minute, of William Larnach committing suicide in Parliament. And the one that went off needed glass to be broken to set it off, but the glass wasn't broken.

So I'm just imagining that you're about to out-postwhore me? :(

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 331
User Name Posts
Axver 84
Serena Vox 84
RegularBonoFan 52
Varitek 42
phillyfan26 23
The Sad Punk 23
Eazy-V 17
LemonMelon 4
major_panic 1
Zootlesque 1

So much for you just calling in briefly! :laugh:

:ohmy:

Nah, I's real! :D

Yeah, no kidding! I was only in for a sec but now it seems I'm rather tied to my laptop!

I love how when I start singing along with U2 studio albums, I end up altering all the lyrics to live versions and adding my favourite snippets. Mothers Of The Disappeared just isn't right without El Pueblo Vencera!

I love how when I start singing along with U2 studio albums, I end up altering all the lyrics to live versions and adding my favourite snippets. Mothers Of The Disappeared just isn't right without El Pueblo Vencera!
I'm not the only one who does that? :lol:

I am sure that we'd save a lot of money on cheese if we did that! I am not too fond of sliced cheese anyways, to be honest. There was a very long period of time (years.) where I wouldn't eat it at all. People would make sandwiches, asked if I wanted cheese and I'd just tell them no. I had a spell of not liking it at all. Maybe that's why.
I'd butcher my hand if I tried to cut a block of cheese! :lol:

Both of my parents are pretty technologically behind the times, so to speak. Either of them is lucky to know how to turn on a computer, let alone work one! They think that I'm a speed demon at typing. Which I'll admit, yeah, I tend to be pretty fast (with the occasional typo) but I am by no means, a speed demon at typing. As for texting? I've tried it, I fail at it. I screw up a lot and it takes me forever to get one word. :laugh:

Oh, I've always loved my cheese. But then, I suppose it was inevitable. After all, what do you think gets served whenever my father's having a good old wine snob session?

My father's got a clue when it comes to technology and used to be very up with the play; he worked in a project that introduced telephone banking to New Zealand, for instance. But my mother's the sort of person who technology has left behind, at least with regards to computing. She's got a fucking whiz-bang sewing machine that can probably make an entire wardrobe for you in 15 minutes if you know the correct sequence of buttons to push, but don't ask her to turn on any computer other than her own or she'll be stuck for a good couple of minutes!

Oh, I've always loved my cheese. But then, I suppose it was inevitable. After all, what do you think gets served whenever my father's having a good old wine snob session?

My father's got a clue when it comes to technology and used to be very up with the play; he worked in a project that introduced telephone banking to New Zealand, for instance. But my mother's the sort of person who technology has left behind, at least with regards to computing. She's got a fucking whiz-bang sewing machine that can probably make an entire wardrobe for you in 15 minutes if you know the correct sequence of buttons to push, but don't ask her to turn on any computer other than her own or she'll be stuck for a good couple of minutes!
Yup! :lol: Surprisingly, I've never had cheese and wine!

My mum was into sewing quite a lot back in the day. Even when I was a kid. But now you're lucky to see her with her sewing machine out once a year! My dad likes TVs and stuff like that. And of course, he has a cell phone. But that's basically the extent of it.
Though I imagine that someday when I am like 60, I will be way behind in technology too.

Well, with all the disembodied noises (bottles rattling with no bottles around, plates rattling for no reason) plus the photograph of the apparition of William Larnach, They ruled it haunted. While the building was being evacuated, Deborah, the Kiwi woman, told them the story of another time when the fire alarm went off. It was the anniversary, to the hour to the minute, of William Larnach committing suicide in Parliament. And the one that went off needed glass to be broken to set it off, but the glass wasn't broken.

Huh, sounds like an interesting place then. I'm a pretty damn cynical, skeptical sort of person (no, you don't say?) who rationally knows not to accept this stuff ... but it's still damn easy to give me the creeps.

Huh, sounds like an interesting place then. I'm a pretty damn cynical, skeptical sort of person (no, you don't say?) who rationally knows not to accept this stuff ... but it's still damn easy to give me the creeps.
I have seen crazy shit on that show. And I have seen a chair attack my father (WIN) but I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts.

I don't like to believe that every place with strange noises is haunted. Simply because there are many things that can contribute to such noises in the inner workings of a house, factory, business, etc.

Though I've seen my fair share of freaky shit!

My mum was into sewing quite a lot back in the day. Even when I was a kid. But now you're lucky to see her with her sewing machine out once a year! My dad likes TVs and stuff like that. And of course, he has a cell phone. But that's basically the extent of it.
Though I imagine that someday when I am like 60, I will be way behind in technology too.

My mother does sewing professionally and sells some of what she makes in the clothing store she works at. She's been doing it for years, to the point that she now has to limit herself because she's got arthritis in her wrists from over-use. Before the arthritis, she also made teddy bears, but that's now pretty much out of the question due to the difficulty involved. Plus, people just don't buy them. They'd prefer some crappy one from a batch of 10,000 made in some Chinese factory than a more expensive, unique handmade one made here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom