Crap, Albania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One day I will have to venture into FYM. But for now, I think I'll stay out of that shitstorm.

It isn't worth it today, if you ask me. FYM now is not what it used to be. It's always been a shitstorm, but there used to be a bit more logical, rational debate and some give-and-take. Now I feel it's just hardliners arguing past each other for the most part. I suppose it's inevitable though, what with US election season inflaming passions.

Though I'll still make a thread for the New Zealand election when it's announced and hope there's some decent participation.

Woah, I felt really behind there for a while, like 15 posts or so, but I think I've finally caught up with the thread. :up:

And I'm cranking RHMT. :drool:

Random: I was watching Sci-Fi Channel last night and The Ghost Hunters went to Larnach Castle in Dunedin to try to disprove the haunting there. I thought of Axver and his musical niche.

The Ghost Hunters caught a photo of an apparition, btw.

The price of cheese here is what irritates me the most. Good luck finding a 1kg block of tasty cheese (er ... regular cheddar, I suppose it's called there) for any less than $9. I use lots of cheese too. I've got tasty, parmesan, a mozzarella-parmesan mix for pizza, camembert, and ricotta all in the fridge right now. And if you could kick the arse of whoever's continually upping the prices at Coles supermarkets here, I'd love you. And treat you better than Mr -V is right now. :tsk:

And heh, I'm hopeless with mobile phones too. But that's just because I've never cared. All I want one for is to call or text people. Any other features are largely irrelevant to me.
I don't really know a whole lot about the price of cheese with blocks or anything. I know that we buy the presliced cheese, whether it's singles or just a package of slices that you peel from one another is closer to $4 for a good pack of it, that's made with real milk and not that cheap, imitation shit. We also have packages of pre shredded cheese too that are usually around $2-3 per package that I use for pizza bagels (make it yourself, of course!) and things like salads.
Well, looks like I've got a mission if I ever go down to Aussieland! :D

I know next to crap about them. My parents both know how to work one better than I do! I have never had one either, I can't be bothered to learn!

Dallas, who flicked it off his head, says it was a mantis.
And how do we know Dallas didn't make a mistake regarding what the creature was?
Praying Mantises tend to sit upright, while grasshoppers are pretty much horizontal, as was the bug on Edge's beanie.
Which leads me to conclude that it was indeed, a grasshopper.

And how do we know Dallas didn't make a mistake regarding what the creature was?
Praying Mantises tend to sit upright, while grasshoppers are pretty much horizontal, as was the bug on Edge's beanie.
Which leads me to conclude that it was indeed, a grasshopper.
*reviews pic* yanno, with those antennae, I think I agree with you. It's a grasshopper.

Random: I was watching Sci-Fi Channel last night and The Ghost Hunters went to Larnach Castle in Dunedin to try to disprove the haunting there. I thought of Axver and his musical niche.

Holy shit, you're kidding, Larnach Castle of all places in Dunedin? The one work of fiction I'd say I'm still working on (not the one Axver comes from) is set in a fictitious New Zealand town called Larnach Beach, named after William Larnach and Larnach Castle.

Mmm, the Dunedin Sound. :drool:

Ghost Hunters is freakin' awesome.
I know a lot of people who don't believe in that kinda stuff but I for one, can say i's very real!
I've had too many happenings for my liking! :yikes:

You're sposeda be MY mind-reading sis. Not my Axver's-mind-reading sis!

I read a lot of minds. It seems I've been reading Ali's a bit lately, and I'm convinced Fellow Albino Railfan uses my brain somedays rather than bothering to use her own (though she claims it's actually the other way around).

Holy shit, you're kidding, Larnach Castle of all places in Dunedin? The one work of fiction I'd say I'm still working on (not the one Axver comes from) is set in a fictitious New Zealand town called Larnach Beach, named after William Larnach and Larnach Castle.

Mmm, the Dunedin Sound. :drool:
Yup. They put subtitles up for the Kiwi woman who walked them around the castle. I found that rude and unnecessary. She spoke English just as clearly as the guys with the thick New England accents. They don't put subtitles on Brian "Dude, run!" Harnois.

While they were doing the reveal of the evidence, the fire alarm was set off and the fire brigade had to come and everything and the fire chief goes, "There's no fire. Must've been the ghost again."

*reviews pic* yanno, with those antennae, I think I agree with you. It's a grasshopper.
I used to catch grasshoppers, praying mantises, butterflies and the like when I was a kid. I've seen plenty and plenty of them. Different colours varieties and the like.

I remember when I first saw those pics of the bug on Edge's beanie and people were calling it a praying mantis, I was like, "Wtf? That's a grasshopper!"

Sis, I just randomly looked at your sig and burst out laughing. I get the feeling I am going to be amused like that for quite a while. :lol:

I don't really know a whole lot about the price of cheese with blocks or anything. I know that we buy the presliced cheese, whether it's singles or just a package of slices that you peel from one another is closer to $4 for a good pack of it, that's made with real milk and not that cheap, imitation shit. We also have packages of pre shredded cheese too that are usually around $2-3 per package that I use for pizza bagels (make it yourself, of course!) and things like salads.
Well, looks like I've got a mission if I ever go down to Aussieland! :D

I know next to crap about them. My parents both know how to work one better than I do! I have never had one either, I can't be bothered to learn!

Oh, I normally can't stand the pre-sliced cheese. Even the better quality stuff tastes a bit ... plasticy to me. I used to use it fairly frequently though, before I got a good cheese slicer. Without my good cheese slicer, I have a habit of butchering blocks of cheese.

Hah, my mother is normally totally incompetent with technology, but mobile phones are one thing she can use very effectively and she completely outdoes me there. She can barely type on a computer, we're talking 10 words a minute if she's lucky, but she can text extremely fast. Though she's still a bit out of touch. She uses "lol" to mean "lots of love" and I haven't the heart to tell her what it really means, since she only uses it in texts to me anyway.

Yup. They put subtitles up for the Kiwi woman who walked them around the castle. I found that rude and unnecessary. She spoke English just as clearly as the guys with the thick New England accents. They don't put subtitles on Brian "Dude, run!" Harnois.

While they were doing the reveal of the evidence, the fire alarm was set off and the fire brigade had to come and everything and the fire chief goes, "There's no fire. Must've been the ghost again."

Oh god, I've noticed American TV shows sometimes do that for anybody without an American accent. It pisses me off. Besides being rude to the person speaking, I also think it says something about how unintelligent and inward-looking they think American audiences are.

And :lol: - what were their findings in the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom