Crap, Albania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're insane. Completely insane.

I loathe needles. I'll cop them when I need to have them, but I'll damn well avoid them unless absolutely necessary.

I suspect, though, that this has a lot to do with a lumbur puncture at the age of six making me rather wary of anything going into my skin.
I'm terrified of them! Just a general phobia, I suppose! I've been known to burst into tears at the sight of one. Lame. :|

I will do whatever to get out of getting a shot or blood drawn. :yikes:

Holy crap. I'm still having a hard time imagining what you can do to a computer to even cause that to happen.

I imagine it was just overheated. Our computer room kind of sticks out of our house, so three walls are outside walls, and it doesn't get air conditioned as well.

It's never happened in 12 years that any of the computers in there have gotten overheated, let alone blew up. So your guess is as good as mine.

Holy crap. I'm still having a hard time imagining what you can do to a computer to even cause that to happen.
Overloading the hard drive?
I've heard once before of someone putting too much stuff on a hard drive and it literally FRIED.

I don't feel comfortable sitting near a window after dark. That's about all that scares me.

You're insane. Completely insane.

I loathe needles. I'll cop them when I need to have them, but I'll damn well avoid them unless absolutely necessary.

I suspect, though, that this has a lot to do with a lumbur puncture at the age of six making me rather wary of anything going into my skin.

It always cracks me up on House, MD when they do lumbar punctures with these needles that are thick as a baseball bat and then make no effort to numb the area.

Yes, you did. Glad I'm not the only keeper of a brain with useless shit in it!

Yeah, that's how it is here. We used to buy this chopped ham at the deli that was only about $1.99 per pound and now t's nearly $3. Before that, I think it was only $1.50. We have stuff sitting around like that, too. Like soups, for instance and things like that. It's getting ridiculous. We do our shopping at some of the other places now that have lower prices but we have to go to multiple places for the best outcome (which equals using more gas) and you really can't win either way!

That's pretty much what I'm afraid of! I've had that with electronic type things before and I'm thinking that I'll go and spend like $200 on a camera or something and then decide I need something different.

Ugh. I love the hot Hungarian salami from my supermarket's deli. It used to be $15 ... per kilogram, I presume, though I can't read the sign. I just know that now it says $23! I used to order $3 of it and that would last me two weeks. Now? $3 won't even get me through a whole week. Last week, they had a special where it was $16 per kg or whatever, so I bought $10 and have stuck a stack of it in the freezer. And then earlier today I got ripped off on pastrami ... fucking supermarkets.

It's always good to find somewhere that will let you try the cameras in the store before you buy. I'm going to insist on that next time. Since I'm photographing moving objects so much, I need something with very easy, intuitive controls that I can change quickly, and you need hands-on experience to properly judge that.

I've never actually heard of that happening. It's quite boggling to me.

The outside of it is fine, looking at it (it's sitting in my garage right now). But smoke was pouring out of it and there's soot on the wall and desk where it was.

Meh. The only things I'm afraid of are spiders and falling from a great height. I'll climb anything. Just don't expect me to be able to get DOWN anytime soon.

See, those are generally no problem for me. Spiders, I take great pleasure in killing. Heights, I'm often worried about my glasses tumbling off into oblivion (I used to wear them on a strap but that looked fucking dumb), but despite the fact I have no depth perception, I'm otherwise not concerned unless I'm near an unprotected ledge. Then, though, it's more a case of "oh shit, I might not see the edge properly and fall to a horrible death" rather than "eek heights!"

Third Law: Her native language is Typoese.
No, that is a by-law of the Second Law.

Third law: Randomness can prevail at any time. Usually without warning. Sometimes with 39/Smooth, but only if I've been listening too it too much.

(that's a Green Day joke, folks)

See, those are generally no problem for me. Spiders, I take great pleasure in killing. Heights, I'm often worried about my glasses tumbling off into oblivion (I used to wear them on a strap but that looked fucking dumb), but despite the fact I have no depth perception, I'm otherwise not concerned unless I'm near an unprotected ledge. Then, though, it's more a case of "oh shit, I might not see the edge properly and fall to a horrible death" rather than "eek heights!"
That's my thing. I'm afraid of the fall. I don't mind being up high, but I am terrified of falling.

*thinks of the possibilities for "American Psycho" jokes. realises it will require too much explanation and leaves it alone*

For the record, I have a number of fears, most notably:

Heights
spiders
deep water
and, of course, FYM

Ugh. I love the hot Hungarian salami from my supermarket's deli. It used to be $15 ... per kilogram, I presume, though I can't read the sign. I just know that now it says $23! I used to order $3 of it and that would last me two weeks. Now? $3 won't even get me through a whole week. Last week, they had a special where it was $16 per kg or whatever, so I bought $10 and have stuck a stack of it in the freezer. And then earlier today I got ripped off on pastrami ... fucking supermarkets.

It's always good to find somewhere that will let you try the cameras in the store before you buy. I'm going to insist on that next time. Since I'm photographing moving objects so much, I need something with very easy, intuitive controls that I can change quickly, and you need hands-on experience to properly judge that.
Ugh, I hate that crap. you used to be able to get cans of soup for $0.99 all the time, now they're close to $1.30-$1.70 depending on what kind you get. Turkey meat (I am semi veggie, I won't really eat anything except poultry and the occasional ham.) has always been pretty expensive for what it is, but now it's just entirely too much and it won't even last long! (Before going bad!) It's just not worth the money anymore. Sorry that you got ripped off. Point 'em out to me. I'll kick their asses. :madspit:
...well I'm gonna have to learn telekinesis first...or just book a flight to Australia. :laugh:

Yeah, that's what I am figuring I will do if all possible. I'm not really good with a basic, disposable camera, so I've got my work cut out for me on that one! I am even pretty cell phone illiterate.

That's my thing. I'm afraid of the fall. I don't mind being up high, but I am terrified of falling.

As long as there's a barrier, even an insubstantial one, and I'm happy. Unprotected ledges, however? Watch the trepidation!

The outside of it is fine, looking at it (it's sitting in my garage right now). But smoke was pouring out of it and there's soot on the wall and desk where it was.
Hmm, yeah. Overheating seems like the most probable cause then.
Maybe the fans inside were fucked up or something?

Heights
spiders
deep water
and, of course, FYM
I am such a sissy when it comes to spiders. Not so great with heights either.

Though ironically enough, I was dubbed the bug queen as a child because I loved to catch bugs and keep them. My brother however, is afraid of even a praying mantis. :laugh:

Heights
spiders
deep water
and, of course, FYM
One day I will have to venture into FYM. But for now, I think I'll stay out of that shitstorm.

I am such a sissy when it comes to spiders. Not so great with heights either.

Though ironically enough, I was dubbed the bug queen as a child because I loved to catch bugs and keep them. My brother however, is afraid of even a praying mantis. :laugh:
Show him that one picture of The Edge.

Ugh, I hate that crap. you used to be able to get cans of soup for $0.99 all the time, now they're close to $1.30-$1.70 depending on what kind you get. Turkey meat (I am semi veggie, I won't really eat anything except poultry and the occasional ham.) has always been pretty expensive for what it is, but now it's just entirely too much and it won't even last long! (Before going bad!) It's just not worth the money anymore. Sorry that you got ripped off. Point 'em out to me. I'll kick their asses. :madspit:
...well I'm gonna have to learn telekinesis first...or just book a flight to Australia. :laugh:

Yeah, that's what I am figuring I will do if all possible. I'm not really good with a basic, disposable camera, so I've got my work cut out for me on that one! I am even pretty cell phone illiterate.

The price of cheese here is what irritates me the most. Good luck finding a 1kg block of tasty cheese (er ... regular cheddar, I suppose it's called there) for any less than $9. I use lots of cheese too. I've got tasty, parmesan, a mozzarella-parmesan mix for pizza, camembert, and ricotta all in the fridge right now. And if you could kick the arse of whoever's continually upping the prices at Coles supermarkets here, I'd love you. And treat you better than Mr -V is right now. :tsk:

And heh, I'm hopeless with mobile phones too. But that's just because I've never cared. All I want one for is to call or text people. Any other features are largely irrelevant to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom