Crap, Albania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've probably had a total of 10,000 odd posts over a few different forums of the same community, since 2003. I actually joined Interference because a guy there joined, too. He's one of the guys I made a Chris Martin fan site with three years ago.
I joined here after googling U2 once because I've been a member of various other message boards and I was looking for a U2 community (if there was one, which I figured there would be) and alas, here is where I am!

I'll give some more a shot at some point. What's the difference between Let It Be and Naked, anyway? I feel like I do know, it's just not coming to mind right now.
Macca remixed it without all of Phil Spector's orchestral bullshit. Personally, I like the Naked version much better.

You did what now?

Oh, it was all pisstaking.

THE COLDPLAYERS :: A fan site of hate, for you and yourself

I did "The Funclub" page, and actually I'm still pretty damn happy with it.

I really like how it's clearly just meant to be a cheap fansite but the Funclub, the second most useless part of the website, supposedly has an introduction and commentary from Chris Martin himself. Well, there was no better way to do it than that.

I'm one of these people who reads and remembers far too much. Including Pi to 353 decimal places. :crack:

Melbourne's my favourite city out of any I've been to. And yeah, I can't stand buses either, and I obviously can't drive due to the legal blindness. Unfortunately, the road lobby of the 1950s touted the bus as a modern replacement to "old" trams, when in reality buses should augment trams where it's not profitable to lay tram infrastructure. Trams operate more efficiently fuelwise, have a far higher carrying capacity, and it's been observed that they enhance property values along their route while buses make no impact whatsoever.

Yeah, I just wanted any camera, since I never expected to be taking lots of photographs - just occasional ones of trams or important things. But the photography bug hit and now this basic camera for occasional use has become a bit of an inconvenience! I don't want anything big and fancy either, but something with some more advanced features and better zoom.
I can remember useless junk I've learned in school and stuff like that, but if you want to know what I had for lunch yesterday, don't even bother asking. Chances are, I won't remember. :lol:

See, people are talking about conserving energy, but here they are taking buses and stuff like that when trams are more energy efficient to begin with. It's like, "what the hell? Who cares if it's 'outdated' or whatever you wanna call it! It saves energy!" That kinda thing irks me more than it should. :shifty:
I don't drive because to be quite honest with you, I am terrified of it! I would rather just go out for a walk (provided it's not too far.). And as I've said, I don't like buses, so I end up riding along with family members or something to that effect. Since there's no other means.

I will have to do some research to see what kind would be best. My thinking is I'll be taking pics of family and friends (parties and whatnot), my cats, myself on the occasion of a new hairstyle or something (debating what to do with my hair, actually.) and pics of trains, the sky, flowers, sunrises, sunsets, maybe lightning or things like that. Multi-purpose, I suppose.

I joined here after googling U2 once because I've been a member of various other message boards and I was looking for a U2 community (if there was one, which I figured there would be) and alas, here is where I am!

I think my story is fairly unusual.

I looked up U2 lyrics sometime in early to mid-2003, since I'd noticed the lyrics booklets in the albums were deficient. I already had an online community that I was very happy with and wasn't looking for anything else. The random lyrics website I clicked on just so happened to link to Interference's old lyrics section for The Joshua Tree's lyrics (I think they did their own for the Best Ofs, the only other two albums they listed) - though I didn't realise this. Either I didn't notice the URL had changed, or I thought it was just a different URL for the same lyrics site. On JT's page, I noticed down the botom were more U2 albums, so I clicked through. I used this for a while as my lyrics resource and was fascinated by one page that gave the lyrics to pre-Boy demos and such. Then one day, on a bored whim, I clicked the "Forum" link that was also down the bottom. I expected it to be a general lyrics forum, but this was when I realised that lyrics site had redirected me to a U2-specific fan site.

So I signed up and the rest is history.

Oh, it was all pisstaking.

THE COLDPLAYERS :: A fan site of hate, for you and yourself

I did "The Funclub" page, and actually I'm still pretty damn happy with it.

I really like how it's clearly just meant to be a cheap fansite but the Funclub, the second most useless part of the website, supposedly has an introduction and commentary from Chris Martin himself. Well, there was no better way to do it than that.

:lmao: Good work there. :up:

(And I suspected it had to be a piss-take.)

My sis dragged me here. I came up with a crappy screenname cause I had no idea of U2 when I joined (no really) and only knew who Bono was. I thought the guy in the beanie was the bass player :uhoh: and had no idea who the other two blokes were. :lmao: Now I'm a rabid fan. I guess that's what a year of exposure to nothing but PLEBA'll do to ya.

I think my story is fairly unusual.

I looked up U2 lyrics sometime in early to mid-2003, since I'd noticed the lyrics booklets in the albums were deficient. I already had an online community that I was very happy with and wasn't looking for anything else. The random lyrics website I clicked on just so happened to link to Interference's old lyrics section for The Joshua Tree's lyrics (I think they did their own for the Best Ofs, the only other two albums they listed) - though I didn't realise this. Either I didn't notice the URL had changed, or I thought it was just a different URL for the same lyrics site. On JT's page, I noticed down the botom were more U2 albums, so I clicked through. I used this for a while as my lyrics resource and was fascinated by one page that gave the lyrics to pre-Boy demos and such. Then one day, on a bored whim, I clicked the "Forum" link that was also down the bottom. I expected it to be a general lyrics forum, but this was when I realised that lyrics site had redirected me to a U2-specific fan site.

So I signed up and the rest is history.
Yeah, wtf, I've noticed that in their booklets when I want some lyrics or something.
But then again, a lot of the sites don't really have them right either. I spent an entire day once, listening to Elvis Presley and America over and over and over (Love the song.) to try and figure out the lyrics to it because all the ones I'd ever seen didn't sound right.
I ended up here because of other message boards. I wasn't really into the message board thing at all. Whenever I'd use the internet, I'd surf random stuff I wanted to know, chat in AIM with friends that I'd made (through my interests in AOL, I guess. Since AOL was the first internet I used.) or things like that.

My sis dragged me here. I came up with a crappy screenname cause I had no idea of U2 when I joined (no really) and only knew who Bono was. I thought the guy in the beanie was the bass player :uhoh: and had no idea who the other two blokes were. :lmao: Now I'm a rabid fan. I guess that's what a year of exposure to nothing but PLEBA'll do to ya.
Don't forget that I converted you into a U2 fan. :wink:
And aren't ya glad I did?

I can remember useless junk I've learned in school and stuff like that, but if you want to know what I had for lunch yesterday, don't even bother asking. Chances are, I won't remember. :lol:

See, people are talking about conserving energy, but here they are taking buses and stuff like that when trams are more energy efficient to begin with. It's like, "what the hell? Who cares if it's 'outdated' or whatever you wanna call it! It saves energy!" That kinda thing irks me more than it should. :shifty:
I don't drive because to be quite honest with you, I am terrified of it! I would rather just go out for a walk (provided it's not too far.). And as I've said, I don't like buses, so I end up riding along with family members or something to that effect. Since there's no other means.

I will have to do some research to see what kind would be best. My thinking is I'll be taking pics of family and friends (parties and whatnot), my cats, myself on the occasion of a new hairstyle or something (debating what to do with my hair, actually.) and pics of trains, the sky, flowers, sunrises, sunsets, maybe lightning or things like that. Multi-purpose, I suppose.

:lol:

I've noticed there's been a tendency to rebrand tramways as light rail. Now, there are actually some differences between older trams and modern light rail, but it's terribly pedantic and only something a railfan would really even notice for the most part. I basically think the new term is a way to sell it as "modern". But society's shallow. Bleh. And I don't blame you for not driving - it looks fairly intimidating to me! Not to mention expensive, what with petrol and insurance and maintenance. I'll stick with public transport, thanks!

Yeah, you'll probably want something that's going to handle diverse lighting conditions well. That's going to be one of my stipulations when I get a new camera, since I can't just fix the weather to suit myself when a special train is running! If it's cloudy or blindingly sunny or late twilight or whatever, I just have to deal, and I want a camera that also can just deal rather than be temperamental like my current one sometimes is.

I think you're now the one who gets the WTF!
I did nothing but take the piss from old Geetard in their caption thread. Cuase by then I liked the music, but the Frontman was an embarrassment. I'd just seen MCR in concert and HATED him. That always happens. I see a band in concert and lose interest or see something that causes me to hate them.

Yeah, wtf, I've noticed that in their booklets when I want some lyrics or something.
But then again, a lot of the sites don't really have them right either. I spent an entire day once, listening to Elvis Presley and America over and over and over (Love the song.) to try and figure out the lyrics to it because all the ones I'd ever seen didn't sound right.
I ended up here because of other message boards. I wasn't really into the message board thing at all. Whenever I'd use the internet, I'd surf random stuff I wanted to know, chat in AIM with friends that I'd made (through my interests in AOL, I guess. Since AOL was the first internet I used.) or things like that.

Most lyrics sites are garbage. When it comes to U2 lyrics, I stick with U2Wanderer.org, who I consider pretty definitive in matters of lyrics and discography details. They have their mistakes too, but they're only human. I'm sure there's errors on U2gigs that I haven't noticed too.

I've primarily used messageboards for online communication, personally. I do use AIM, but only with people I already know, either in person or from here or LJ (or the rare few other boards I've posted on regularly).

I've noticed there's been a tendency to rebrand tramways as light rail. Now, there are actually some differences between older trams and modern light rail, but it's terribly pedantic and only something a railfan would really even notice for the most part. I basically think the new term is a way to sell it as "modern". But society's shallow. Bleh. And I don't blame you for not driving - it looks fairly intimidating to me! Not to mention expensive, what with petrol and insurance and maintenance. I'll stick with public transport, thanks!

Yeah, you'll probably want something that's going to handle diverse lighting conditions well. That's going to be one of my stipulations when I get a new camera, since I can't just fix the weather to suit myself when a special train is running! If it's cloudy or blindingly sunny or late twilight or whatever, I just have to deal, and I want a camera that also can just deal rather than be temperamental like my current one sometimes is.
I love my short term memory. :lol:
Leave it to me to remember the useless crap. I think the worst is when someone asks me to remind them to do someting. I'm like, "You're counting on ME to remind you? You'll have to remind me to remind you...repeatedly!"

Yeah, it' very expensive to drive. You have to pay for the car first, then you have to keep it running proper, pay for gs (which is currently somewhere around $4 USD a gallon), auto insurance and that kind of thing. To me, it is not worth all the trouble! Plus all it does is pollute the air anyway, add to global warming and ick! I will just ride along with a family member, walk or take the bus if need be! Even if I can't stand the bus! I wish we'd get something like those around here though. I'd like that a lot better than what we have.

Yeah, I'd need to. I tried to take a pic of one of my cats sleeping with a camera and it didn't come out good. There's also a pic of me (it's just a printed photo from a roll of film) giving a deer in headlights expression whilst sitting at PC because I was ambushed with the camera one day. It was really light in my room but the pic is still dark! It sucks! I tend to work in low lighting anyway for most anything whether it's drawing, free hand writing or things like that so I am sure many of my pictures would end up being the same.

I've been a casual fan all my life - my uncle is just as fanatical as anyone here, he followed the band around New Zealand on Lovetown, etc. Serious fan since late 2002.

I did nothing but take the piss from old Geetard in their caption thread. Cuase by then I liked the music, but the Frontman was an embarrassment. I'd just seen MCR in concert and HATED him. That always happens. I see a band in concert and lose interest or see something that causes me to hate them.

Heh, for me, concerts often just make me like the band all the more - especially in the case of Explosions In The Sky. What I've found worrying is that the more I've engaged in the online community of a band, the less I like said band. Probably just coincidence. I mean, U2's decline for me occurred because I dramatically broadened my musical horizons in 2005, then Dream Theater released an absolute turd of an album not long after I got into their online community and that just put me off. But now I don't participate in the Porcupine Tree community! :lol:

Really, I didn't really know too many people here until the Superthread came up. Up to that point I was clueless.

I'm bloody glad you ended up here. I mean, I'd seen you around and thought you were fucking cool and hilarious, but I didn't really know you.

Hell, I had 30,000 posts and a bunch of friends but no identifiable place of belonging here besides the setlist parties, which obviously are temporary.

Most lyrics sites are garbage. When it comes to U2 lyrics, I stick with U2Wanderer.org, who I consider pretty definitive in matters of lyrics and discography details. They have their mistakes too, but they're only human. I'm sure there's errors on U2gigs that I haven't noticed too.

I've primarily used messageboards for online communication, personally. I do use AIM, but only with people I already know, either in person or from here or LJ (or the rare few other boards I've posted on regularly).
Yeah, I refer to that site since I discovered it and it's pretty good. But we're all human an we all make mistakes!

I began using them quite a lot in 2005 and it just sort of stuck. I use AIM, Yahoo Messenger and MSN messenger (not all at once, boy would I have a problem then.) to talk to people when I don't feel like going on a message board, don't feel like spamming some thread to ask them something or something like that. Or I just have one of them open (depending on who in my contacts is on at the time.) even when I am message board posting. I only keep people I know from sites like these now. I also use a LJ account for most of my blogging about life, whatever's got me interested at the present moment or posting my graphics (icons and things like that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom