Crap, Albania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have puked on 3 continents due to hangovers. i get really nauseous hangovers.

(i've puked on 2 due to drinking. somehow though, africa managed to avoid having me puke, although god knows african toilets endured plenty from me, and i endured plenty from several ugandan holes in the ground.)

.....didn't you all miss my oversharing? sorry this one wasn't so sexy.

so you're drunk RBF?

i'm jealous.
I WAS Friday night /Saturday morning. There was superwin starting on page 47 of the Fake Nigeria thread going till page... I haven't caught up yet of Beer, Devon.

how do they decide that???

Basically, you sample a number of wines blind and are asked questions about each as you drink it. It tends to be something like this (obviously asked sequentially rather than altogether, as the "what region?" gives away the answer to "what country?", etc.):

What variety of wine?
A. Chardonnay
B. Riesling
C. Pinot gris

What country is it from?
A. New Zealand
B. Australia
C. France

What region is it from?
A. Central Otago
B. Martinborough
C. Hawkes Bay

What vineyard is it from?
A. Martinborough Vineyards
B. Ata Rangi
C. Dry River

What vintage is it?
A. 1993
B. 1997
C. 2002

And whichever team gets the highest overall score is the champion.

i haven't imbibed at all since my fiasco last weekend in fact.

but that's sad, cause i never managed to knick a sarajevska beer glass. i have a slovenian and croatian beer glass but not a damn bosnian one. to do in september: get one.

(i've puked on 2 due to drinking. somehow though, africa managed to avoid having me puke, although god knows african toilets endured plenty from me, and i endured plenty from several ugandan holes in the ground.)

I get really nauseous a lot of the time (when hungover), but I've never actually puked from a hangover. I still say V8 is why. :lol:

one of the best things about the superthreads to me is they gave me a place to drunk post. in the weeks leading up to us starting them, i'd been drunk posting randomly in like, iq threads, and then the enxt day i'd remember drunk posting but have no idea where or what i said or whom i might have amused, offended, or embarrassed myself in front of.

:lol: You've missed ... at least one oversharing incident from me that may have scarred LMP for life.

I WAS Friday night /Saturday morning. There was superwin starting on page 47 of the Fake Nigeria thread going till page... I haven't caught up yet of Beer, Devon.
I type pretty much perfectly when drunk. All I do differently is ruin friendships and relationships by being far too honest on MSN and making far too honest facebook status updates. Yeah, that's all. :wink:

one of the best things about the superthreads to me is they gave me a place to drunk post. in the weeks leading up to us starting them, i'd been drunk posting randomly in like, iq threads, and then the enxt day i'd remember drunk posting but have no idea where or what i said or whom i might have amused, offended, or embarrassed myself in front of.

I still remember you drunkenly berating me for my opinion on E. E. Cummings in some random EYKIW thread! :lol:

Sorry, I got a violent urge to grab an old canvas and start painting on it. I'll work on it tomorrow morning again, I think I know where it's going to go.

:lol: Everyone in my family gets bad hangovers off it. I guess genetics screwed me on that one. But I can drink all the high proof crap that I want and be just fine. Unless, of course, that I overdo it. Which sometimes does happen. :D

I like watching trains go by. No, I don't believe I have. Would said picspam kill my dial up?

Well, that's crappy that they wouldn't sell it to you! You'd think they'd let someone buy it, then just go buy a newer, better copy of it. :huh:

I wonder if the fact I grew up drinking alcohol from a very young age helped my tolerance levels. My family gave me little bits and eased me into it so I'm quite used to drinking. I mean, by the age of seven, I could tell you the variety, vintage, and vineyard of my favourite wine.

Oooh, awesome. And yes, the picspam would be BRUTAL on your dialup, I'm sure.

Yeah, but it was such a nice hardback copy that I suppose they didn't want to part with it either! Ah well.

Well, I shall keep that in mind the next time I'm over by the railroad and I actually have a camera! :D

Awesome! :drool:

I drank V8 today because of you!
:D
I love it. I am so addicted to that stuff. I had some yesterday but it kind of hurt my throat. (I have a minor cold, so my throat is sore. Lame.) I mostly only drink it after a night of hitting some kind of bottle. I have a tendency to sort of overdo it from time to time.

I type pretty much perfectly when drunk. All I do differently is ruin friendships and relationships by being far too honest on MSN and making far too honest facebook status updates. Yeah, that's all. :wink:
HA!

I drunktexted my best friend at work and have no idea what I texted him. MY phone asks if I want to save the outgoing ones, and I apparently didn't Friday night, so all I have is Derek's end of the conversation. And he was hammered too, so I have NO idea what I said based on his replies. Work's gonna be FUN today.

Right now, it's like the old days! :nostalgia:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 138
User Name Posts
Varitek 39
Axver 37

Serena Vox 21
phillyfan26 14
RegularBonoFan 13
The Sad Punk 7
Eazy-V 5
major_panic 1
Zootlesque 1

I wonder if the fact I grew up drinking alcohol from a very young age helped my tolerance levels. My family gave me little bits and eased me into it so I'm quite used to drinking. I mean, by the age of seven, I could tell you the variety, vintage, and vineyard of my favourite wine.

Oooh, awesome. And yes, the picspam would be BRUTAL on your dialup, I'm sure.

Yeah, but it was such a nice hardback copy that I suppose they didn't want to part with it either! Ah well.

Awesome! :drool:
Oh wow. That's really cool. I'd had wine and things like that in my teen years, but never any earlier than like 16. I never really drank much until a little over a year ago, in fact. The first time I was drunk, I thought I broke my big toe because my friend tripped over and fell on my foot. :doh: And I spent a lot of the night babbling on something like, "I want to listen to Bono." :lol:

Remind me to disable images then so I can view them one at a time!
There's some railroad tracks near here that I like to go by with my brother or friends and we usually see trains go by. It's pretty cool. We sat on the bike path one day and watched one with a shit load of cars go by.

Oh well, I am sure that you may find it somewhere! (If you don't already own it.)

And yeah, once I get a digicam of some sort, I am gonna wanna go taking pics of things and the railroad was the first thing I thought of. These trains look very, very old though. Like back in the day.

HA!

I drunktexted my best friend at work and have no idea what I texted him. MY phone asks if I want to save the outgoing ones, and I apparently didn't Friday night, so all I have is Derek's end of the conversation. And he was hammered too, so I have NO idea what I said based on his replies. Work's gonna be FUN today.
I told ya you'd probably regret it.
I kept telling you NOT to drunk text him. :lol:

...I was only supposed to be here for a minute. Oops.
Looks like I'm already hopelessly addicted to this place. :lol:

Oh well, I got breakfast anyway, what's it gonna hurt to stay a while. :D

I get really nauseous a lot of the time (when hungover), but I've never actually puked from a hangover. I still say V8 is why. :lol:
hmmm i have heard tomato juice, or tomato juice with chicken broth is good. i never did much at college besides staying up online or watching tv while eating something salty and drinking water, but i think i should try v8 and/or gatorade instead. i did actually ahve access to v8 on the meal plan, not gatorade, so i should have tried that. i'm hoping not to get that drunk again ever, but when i'm settled down in september i will keep in mind that i should have better remedies than water at hand.

buttle the blu sky.

I am renaming that track in my iTunes.

hmmm i have heard tomato juice, or tomato juice with chicken broth is good. i never did much at college besides staying up online or watching tv while eating something salty and drinking water, but i think i should try v8 and/or gatorade instead. i did actually ahve access to v8 on the meal plan, not gatorade, so i should have tried that. i'm hoping not to get that drunk again ever, but when i'm settled down in september i will keep in mind that i should have better remedies than water at hand.
I've never actually heard that. Mind you I've never actually heard a lot about hangover remedies before, except for water (which actually will get me drunk all over again if I drink it AFTER I've sobered.) and aspirin. Then the last time I had a killer hangover, my friend suggested V8, so I got some with a couple grinds of sea salt in it and it worked wonders.

I tend to end up pretty nauseous and it always helps. Even when it's not because of alcohol.

Oh wow. That's really cool. I'd had wine and things like that in my teen years, but never any earlier than like 16. I never really drank much until a little over a year ago, in fact. The first time I was drunk, I thought I broke my big toe because my friend tripped over and fell on my foot. :doh: And I spent a lot of the night babbling on something like, "I want to listen to Bono." :lol:

Remind me to disable images then so I can view them one at a time!
There's some railroad tracks near here that I like to go by with my brother or friends and we usually see trains go by. It's pretty cool. We sat on the bike path one day and watched one with a shit load of cars go by.

Oh well, I am sure that you may find it somewhere! (If you don't already own it.)

And yeah, once I get a digicam of some sort, I am gonna wanna go taking pics of things and the railroad was the first thing I thought of. These trains look very, very old though. Like back in the day.

When I was little, I'd accompany my father when he went around vineyards in the Martinborough region of New Zealand. Good times. He was friends with some of the owners and on at least one occasion we helped with the harvest of the grapes. I pinched a fair few off the vines! :lol: And I'd actually never been drunk until May this year - I'd always closely watched my drinking.

Ooh, neat. I ride the trams to get pretty much anywhere, which I love - and Melbourne has a huge network, so it's very convenient, and they connect well with the trains.

I'd be quite interested to see pictures! Hope you can get a camera soon. I've loved having one, and am already thinking about upgrading to something higher quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom