Crap, Albania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, for me, concerts often just make me like the band all the more - especially in the case of Explosions In The Sky. What I've found worrying is that the more I've engaged in the online community of a band, the less I like said band. Probably just coincidence. I mean, U2's decline for me occurred because I dramatically broadened my musical horizons in 2005, then Dream Theater released an absolute turd of an album not long after I got into their online community and that just put me off. But now I don't participate in the Porcupine Tree community! :lol:
:lol: My love for Green Day did not increase or decrease while I was on a fan site of theirs, but I got exposed to what's known as the East Bay Punk Mafia, and now it's my favourite genre of music.

I'm bloody glad you ended up here. I mean, I'd seen you around and thought you were fucking cool and hilarious, but I didn't really know you.

Hell, I had 30,000 posts and a bunch of friends but no identifiable place of belonging here besides the setlist parties, which obviously are temporary.

Oh, for real? I had no idea, to me you were like THE poster that I was sort of frightened of in that lame online-social way. Mainly because of your reputation. Knowing you now I can't completely remember what that reputation was. But I felt better knowing that you lived in Australia, at least.

Ah, I was just screwing around. :wink:

Really, I didn't really know too many people here until the Superthread came up. Up to that point I was clueless.
I know a lot of people by username (or avatar, for those who don't change theirs often. I am a shameless, icon changing whore.) but I don't really know them personally or anything. Most of my posts around here were mostly posting pics for requests, pics of Bono, wishing happy birthday to people and things like that.
I never really associated with the people themselves until recently.

Last edited:
I love my short term memory. :lol:
Leave it to me to remember the useless crap. I think the worst is when someone asks me to remind them to do someting. I'm like, "You're counting on ME to remind you? You'll have to remind me to remind you...repeatedly!"

Yeah, it' very expensive to drive. You have to pay for the car first, then you have to keep it running proper, pay for gs (which is currently somewhere around $4 USD a gallon), auto insurance and that kind of thing. To me, it is not worth all the trouble! Plus all it does is pollute the air anyway, add to global warming and ick! I will just ride along with a family member, walk or take the bus if need be! Even if I can't stand the bus! I wish we'd get something like those around here though. I'd like that a lot better than what we have.

Yeah, I'd need to. I tried to take a pic of one of my cats sleeping with a camera and it didn't come out good. There's also a pic of me (it's just a printed photo from a roll of film) giving a deer in headlights expression whilst sitting at PC because I was ambushed with the camera one day. It was really light in my room but the pic is still dark! It sucks! I tend to work in low lighting anyway for most anything whether it's drawing, free hand writing or things like that so I am sure many of my pictures would end up being the same.

:laugh:

Honestly, if I COULD drive, I wouldn't own a car since you just don't need one in inner Melbourne. It'd cost more than it's worth. I'd just get a licence and rent a car whenever I need to go out of the city to somewhere inaccessible from the regional rail network. And if you think petrol is expensive over your way, you should see the prices here. A couple of threads ago, I converted our petrol prices from Australian dollars per litre to US dollars per gallon, and petrol here costs US$6.25 a gallon.

Yeah, you may end up paying a bit more for a camera that can handle low light and such better, but it'd be worth it. If you've got a camera shop nearby or anything, it'd probably be a good idea to talk to them or whatever. I keep meaning to hunt down a good camera shop in Melbourne to talk to them about what I want out of a camera and get some pointers ...

I was introduced to Axver and the Superthreaders by Ali, who linked me to the one, the only, Kunstmuseum thread.

Best. Prank. Ever.

:laugh:

Honestly, if I COULD drive, I wouldn't own a car since you just don't need one in inner Melbourne. It'd cost more than it's worth. I'd just get a licence and rent a car whenever I need to go out of the city to somewhere inaccessible from the regional rail network. And if you think petrol is expensive over your way, you should see the prices here. A couple of threads ago, I converted our petrol prices from Australian dollars per litre to US dollars per gallon, and petrol here costs US$6.25 a gallon.

Yeah, you may end up paying a bit more for a camera that can handle low light and such better, but it'd be worth it. If you've got a camera shop nearby or anything, it'd probably be a good idea to talk to them or whatever. I keep meaning to hunt down a good camera shop in Melbourne to talk to them about what I want out of a camera and get some pointers ...
It really is so useless! My mum once asked me what I had for dinner the night before. I just said, "You expect me to remember that?". But I can remember something stupid like a particular day of a particular class in school. It's so lame!

If I could drive (as in: if I had a license.) I would probably just drive my dad's other car! I can't imagine owning a car, I really can't. Petrol here is quite expensive as comparing to previous years and such, but I know we don't have the highest prices in it. Although, prices in foods and things are rising a lot too. A gallon of milk costs about as much as a gallon of gas! Milk, good for the body, not for the wallet!

Nah, I would probably wind up buying one at an electronics store or something, but even then, I am sure I can find something relatively decent. I will have to do some research too, though. To make sure I don't get ripped off or anything!

So I was driving tonight, aight, and Exit was on, and I tell you if I'm ever in a car chase that'd be what I'd be playing. It made me do 70 in a 50 zone, for one thing. Truly, that song has the power to make you become everything you ever hated.

Oh, for real? I had no idea, to me you were like THE poster that I was sort of frightened of in that lame online-social way. Mainly because of your reputation. Knowing you now I can't completely remember what that reputation was. But I felt better knowing that you lived in Australia, at least.

I've always enjoyed your humour and sarcastic little comments on EYKIW/WTAHNN threads. Anyone who can make a good point while making me laugh at the same time gets points from me.

And heh, I fear on EYKIW I sometimes come across as some terribly dry sort of person just waiting to lay the trivia smackdown on anybody who makes a mistake with some inconsequential detail of the band's history. Then, of course, I get into some over-passionate quasi-flamewar about One or something ...

I've always enjoyed your humour and sarcastic little comments on EYKIW/WTAHNN threads. Anyone who can make a good point while making me laugh at the same time gets points from me.

And heh, I fear on EYKIW I sometimes come across as some terribly dry sort of person just waiting to lay the trivia smackdown on anybody who makes a mistake with some inconsequential detail of the band's history. Then, of course, I get into some over-passionate quasi-flamewar about One or something ...
If I am ever bored, I know to get popcorn and watch you over there sometime! :lol:

So I was driving tonight, aight, and Exit was on, and I tell you if I'm ever in a car chase that'd be what I'd be playing. It made me do 70 in a 50 zone, for one thing. Truly, that song has the power to make you become everything you ever hated.
That song is definitely a powerful one. I don't listen to it often, for that reason.

Heh, thanks.

Actually, when I found out you hated One, I knew we had to be friends.

My cat is knocking on the door outside loudly (no kidding) and I have to go to the doctors early tomorrow for an injection, so I better fly.

Nice talking to you all, have good ones! :wave:

I was introduced to Axver and the Superthreaders by Ali, who linked me to the one, the only, Kunstmuseum thread.

Best. Prank. Ever.

To steal the words of The Chaser, it was "the prank that went horribly right".

I sincerely never thought we'd get past the first song! Back on the Vertigo Tour, on off-nights I'd occasionally do fake setlist parties where I'd make up a set and a few of us would sit around and listen to music together and have a nice time. We really thought this was even more obviously fraudulent and that by the second song, we would just be having a good time together hanging out, listening to music, thinking "what if?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom