Crap, Albania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
while everyone's here, quick question: is there a program that automatically downloads tags for an MP3 file from a database online or some sort? say i just want the 'Year' tag retrieved for all my songs, is there something i can do that with?

...I was only supposed to be here for a minute. Oops.
Looks like I'm already hopelessly addicted to this place. :lol:

Oh well, I got breakfast anyway, what's it gonna hurt to stay a while. :D

Now you see how I easily waste away time here! :lol:

13 pages short of an entire thread of drunk posting: 47 of Fake to 34 of Beer. Damn.

while everyone's here, quick question: is there a program that automatically downloads tags for an MP3 file from a database online or some sort? say i just want the 'Year' tag retrieved for all my songs, is there something i can do that with?

Hm. I've never looked for anything like that, though when I've imported CDs via iTunes, it's accessed some database to fill in the details.

Maybe there's some sort of application out there that uses a site like discogs.com? Really no idea though.

13 pages short of an entire thread of drunk posting 47 of Fake to 34 of Beer. Damn.

Wow, that's impressive. I only did about 200-250 posts of noticeably drunk posting in Mollie's Nipple!

Also, I totally feel like some port right now, but I'm saving my booze for the upcoming weekend.

When I was little, I'd accompany my father when he went around vineyards in the Martinborough region of New Zealand. Good times. He was friends with some of the owners and on at least one occasion we helped with the harvest of the grapes. I pinched a fair few off the vines! :lol: And I'd actually never been drunk until May this year - I'd always closely watched my drinking.

Ooh, neat. I ride the trams to get pretty much anywhere, which I love - and Melbourne has a huge network, so it's very convenient, and they connect well with the trains.

I'd be quite interested to see pictures! Hope you can get a camera soon. I've loved having one, and am already thinking about upgrading to something higher quality.
Sounds like your childhood was quite a lot of fun!
Wow, really? It feels weird for me to say I'd done it a year ago. :lol:

We don't really have those around here. Which is probably because I live in a rather small town outside of the city, but even IN the city, I've never seen any. Must not be a big Ohio thing. We have a few railroad tracks but the only trains you ever see are old ones. Not that they aren't pretty damn cool anyway! Usually when we pass over this overpass that's above one of the tracks, I look both ways to see if I can see a train. And when I went to my first job interview a couple weeks ago, we got interrupted by a train at one of the rail road crossings! :D

I hope so too. I saw a brilliant sunset last night that I would have loved to have made stock icons out of, but I didn't have a camera to take the pictures. The sky was kind of a greenish-blue and the clouds were sort of tinted yellow. It was definitely the prettiest sunset I'd seen this year! Though I tend to like sunrises better, when the sky looks all cotton candy like.

Hm. I've never looked for anything like that, though when I've imported CDs via iTunes, it's accessed some database to fill in the details.
GraceNote. And it's usually wrong.

GraceNote. And it's usually wrong.

Or just doesn't recognise the album, as was the case with the only album I've actually bought this year (and the reason I bought it was because I knew I wouldn't be able to find a copy to download).

Sounds like your childhood was quite a lot of fun!
Wow, really? It feels weird for me to say I'd done it a year ago. :lol:

We don't really have those around here. Which is probably because I live in a rather small town outside of the city, but even IN the city, I've never seen any. Must not be a big Ohio thing. We have a few railroad tracks but the only trains you ever see are old ones. Not that they aren't pretty damn cool anyway! Usually when we pass over this overpass that's above one of the tracks, I look both ways to see if I can see a train. And when I went to my first job interview a couple weeks ago, we got interrupted by a train at one of the rail road crossings! :D

I hope so too. I saw a brilliant sunset last night that I would have loved to have made stock icons out of, but I didn't have a camera to take the pictures. The sky was kind of a greenish-blue and the clouds were sort of tinted yellow. It was definitely the prettiest sunset I'd seen this year! Though I tend to like sunrises better, when the sky looks all cotton candy like.

Yeah, it was pretty good, all things considered. Growing up in at least semi-rural New Zealand is fairly ideal, I think.

In the railway/public transport world, the US is notorious for shocking provision of public transport, especially outside of the northeast. In the 1950s, the car lobby was extremely powerful, and sure you got all those interstates out of it, but tram networks were ripped up everywhere and passenger trains largely went bankrupt. Australia and New Zealand followed this trend, though not to the same extremes. Melbourne completely resisted and is now blessed with the best public transport in the Southern Hemisphere. It's a big factor in why I live here now.

Oooh, neat. I'd certainly advise you to do your research when you do get a camera, and it's true you get what you pay for. My digital camera's a nice one just for casual use and came at a cheap price, but it's not ideal any more for what I want to do, now that I have a clue about photography. Plusi t's terrible in low light and nighttime.

Or just doesn't recognise the album, as was the case with the only album I've actually bought this year (and the reason I bought it was because I knew I wouldn't be able to find a copy to download).
It recognised Captive, but not the Foo Fighters. :slant:

:laugh:

Maybe it's trying to tell us all something about what to listen to. :wink:
I could see it not recognising a lot of my Lookout! records stuff, but the Foo Fighters?! Phail. Didn't recognise Linkin Park either. But it knew the soundtrack of "Live Freaky! Die Freaky!"

Unrelated: Have you done a running diary of Let It Be or Let It Be..Naked?

Yeah, it was pretty good, all things considered. Growing up in at least semi-rural New Zealand is fairly ideal, I think.

In the railway/public transport world, the US is notorious for shocking provision of public transport, especially outside of the northeast. In the 1950s, the car lobby was extremely powerful, and sure you got all those interstates out of it, but tram networks were ripped up everywhere and passenger trains largely went bankrupt. Australia and New Zealand followed this trend, though not to the same extremes. Melbourne completely resisted and is now blessed with the best public transport in the Southern Hemisphere. It's a big factor in why I live here now.

Oooh, neat. I'd certainly advise you to do your research when you do get a camera, and it's true you get what you pay for. My digital camera's a nice one just for casual use and came at a cheap price, but it's not ideal any more for what I want to do, now that I have a clue about photography. Plusi t's terrible in low light and nighttime.
That's good, I'm glad. :D

Oh, wow. You know a lot! I sure have been learning a lot these last couple days! That sure does not surprise me out of the US. Not a lot does, anymore. I think I'd prefer to take a train over a bus anyway...I don't drive and I hate buses! Melbourne sounds like a pretty awesome place!

Yeah, I will definitely be doing that. I don't need a camera that isn't good in low light. So I will definitely be checking into it. I'm not looking for some big, expensive, professional like thing, but a relatively nice one, of course.
Then I could do some pic spamming here. :D

RegularBonoFan

Serena Vox

:hmm: :wink:

(No, I remember you mentioning you'd made 22,000+ posts elsewhere.)
It's actually closer to 24,000, I know it's above 23,000 but yeah. :D
It's nothing compared to yours though, even my message board posts put together. But I had been known (and had my rank as on other message board) as a post whore. :lol:

I just never really posted a lot on here until recently because it took a long time for me to feel comfortable and even then, I hardly ventured out of familiar areas.

I could see it not recognising a lot of my Lookout! records stuff, but the Foo Fighters?! Phail. Didn't recognise Linkin Park either. But it knew the soundtrack of "Live Freaky! Die Freaky!"

Unrelated: Have you done a running diary of Let It Be or Let It Be..Naked?

Wow, that's just bizarre. If only I owned physical copies of a lot of my seriously obscure Kiwi stuff. I'd love to see if it recognised that.

And no, I haven't. Want some lulz from my musical blasphemy, eh? :wink:

Wow, that's just bizarre. If only I owned physical copies of a lot of my seriously obscure Kiwi stuff. I'd love to see if it recognised that.

And no, I haven't. Want some lulz from my musical blasphemy, eh? :wink:
Well, you did give Abbey Road a fair shake. I don't agree with said shake, but you gave it one. Just wondering if you'd done any others.

It's actually closer to 24,000, I know it's above 23,000 but yeah. :D
It's nothing compared to yours though, even my message board posts put together. But I had been known (and had my rank as on other message board) as a post whore. :lol:

I just never really posted a lot on here until recently because it took a long time for me to feel comfortable and even then, I hardly ventured out of familiar areas.

:lol:

I can't explain my insane post count. I guess I've just been around on the Superthreads more than other people - despite blitzing my studies and having the most active social life I've ever had! I've now got at least 23,000 from Superthreads alone, and probably another 10,000 from the setlist parties during the Vertigo Tour.

I don't post much elsewhere though - the other forums I do infrequently post on, I just don't really feel part of the community, while I do here. I'm quite comfortable here, so I don't really feel any need to seek out other communities anyway.

If recovery of iTunes files doesn't work, I may be asking for assistance from the ST for a while. I'll let you know.

I've probably had a total of 10,000 odd posts over a few different forums of the same community, since 2003. I actually joined Interference because a guy there joined, too. He's one of the guys I made a Chris Martin fan site with three years ago.

:lol:

I can't explain my insane post count. I guess I've just been around on the Superthreads more than other people - despite blitzing my studies and having the most active social life I've ever had! I've now got at least 23,000 from Superthreads alone, and probably another 10,000 from the setlist parties during the Vertigo Tour.

I don't post much elsewhere though - the other forums I do infrequently post on, I just don't really feel part of the community, while I do here. I'm quite comfortable here, so I don't really feel any need to seek out other communities anyway.
That still leaves a lot of posts from other places. :lol: Wow.
You post lots and lots and talk to everyone (which is awesome) and I think that pretty much covers it!

I feel pretty okay here, now. Before, I felt sort of out of place, since I got into U2 (rather BACK into) super late, pretty much missing the Vertigo tour (it ended in December, which is when I joined here. I had been a fan before that, but not but a few months.) because I was having a bout where I was annoyed with them (long story.) and I didn't have internet up until I was 18 anyway. So I don't really know a whole hell of a lot in the realm of like, past stuff, setlists, for example among other things like certain songs I've still never heard and things like that.

That's good, I'm glad. :D

Oh, wow. You know a lot! I sure have been learning a lot these last couple days! That sure does not surprise me out of the US. Not a lot does, anymore. I think I'd prefer to take a train over a bus anyway...I don't drive and I hate buses! Melbourne sounds like a pretty awesome place!

Yeah, I will definitely be doing that. I don't need a camera that isn't good in low light. So I will definitely be checking into it. I'm not looking for some big, expensive, professional like thing, but a relatively nice one, of course.
Then I could do some pic spamming here. :D

I'm one of these people who reads and remembers far too much. Including Pi to 353 decimal places. :crack:

Melbourne's my favourite city out of any I've been to. And yeah, I can't stand buses either, and I obviously can't drive due to the legal blindness. Unfortunately, the road lobby of the 1950s touted the bus as a modern replacement to "old" trams, when in reality buses should augment trams where it's not profitable to lay tram infrastructure. Trams operate more efficiently fuelwise, have a far higher carrying capacity, and it's been observed that they enhance property values along their route while buses make no impact whatsoever.

Yeah, I just wanted any camera, since I never expected to be taking lots of photographs - just occasional ones of trams or important things. But the photography bug hit and now this basic camera for occasional use has become a bit of an inconvenience! I don't want anything big and fancy either, but something with some more advanced features and better zoom.

Well, you did give Abbey Road a fair shake. I don't agree with said shake, but you gave it one. Just wondering if you'd done any others.

I'll give some more a shot at some point. What's the difference between Let It Be and Naked, anyway? I feel like I do know, it's just not coming to mind right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom