Crap, Albania Superthread - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Hey Serena!
Hi there!
How'd your morning go? You didn't get a hangover, did you?

Old 07-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Quote:
Hey Serena!

Right, well I think it'd be pretty cool to visit even as a natural hill, but yeah I wouldn't be in any rush, especially if you've got other things planned.
and as an interesting local tourist location, as lots of people are still excited about it.

oh my god maybe the library isn't closing, the kiddies just showed up who were learning badly pronounced english this morning. but i don't know, maybe it is, ok it is. i will catch you all some time, somewhere, certainly i'll make an effort to get on from bar montenegro where i should be next weekend or so.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #33
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Quiet evenings can be good.
Especially for reading and nerding out.
Hell yes.

I need to return to the books that I was reading during the university semester but then put aside when work got on top of me ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Let's talk her into it. Hell, I'll be drunkposting at some point too. There's rugby on free-to-air TV on Saturday night. :fuckyeah:
Saturday might be the day I do my celebrating since my birthday is on a Sunday and well, Sundays...fail for drinking.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #35
Blue Crack Supplier

My father's computer blew up this morning, while I was still asleep. All of our iTunes music, school assignments from this year, and our family's digital photographs are all lost.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #36
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
oh my god maybe the library isn't closing, the kiddies just showed up who were learning badly pronounced english this morning. but i don't know, maybe it is, ok it is. i will catch you all some time, somewhere, certainly i'll make an effort to get on from bar montenegro where i should be next weekend or so.
Have good and safe travels, Vazza! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:35 PM
Have a good one Vaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Hi there!
How'd your morning go? You didn't get a hangover, did you?
Not too much of a hangover, but a pretty blistering headache that's only disappeared tonight. I wanted to get rid of that vodka, though... it had been in my room for too long! But since the actual results weren't too pleasant, I probably won't bother with it again for a while.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

i mean, fewer people have cars. the fact that there even are schedules is more certainty than in africa, where there were just vans with routes and no published anything anywhere and you just had to askt he driver where it was going. for major cities and international destinations they did have real buses with schedules, i took one from accra to kumasi and back.

ok maybe it isn't closing. i'm so confused. i do have to go relatively soon as i told my host mom i'd be home for lunch around 4:30. the meal schedules are pretty weird.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Hell yes.

I need to return to the books that I was reading during the university semester but then put aside when work got on top of me ...
Procrastination for the win!
When I was still in school, I had a habit of returning my books at the last possible date or they wound up being overdue more often than not. Whoops. It's not my fault that when I read something, I can't put it down!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:01 AM   #40
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
My father's computer blew up this morning, while I was still asleep. All of our iTunes music, school assignments from this year, and our family's digital photographs are all lost.
Fuck! It ... blew up?! Like ... in such a way that data recovery is completely out of question? Because that'd be terrible if you just completely lost all that stuff. I make a point of storing all my photographs in two places, and shall soon make that three.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:05 PM
Quote:
Not too much of a hangover, but a pretty blistering headache that's only disappeared tonight. I wanted to get rid of that vodka, though... it had been in my room for too long! But since the actual results weren't too pleasant, I probably won't bother with it again for a while.
That sounds familiar...
Old 07-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #42
Blue Crack Supplier

I'd say 75% of my music isn't on hard copies. I've legitimately lost hundreds of dollars of music, plus everything I ever downloaded.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Have a good one Vaz.

Ew. blistering headaches for the fail. Often times when I don't get a bad hangover, it's usually bad headaches. I am often times the same way. If I have a less than pleasant experience with alcohol and I still have some of it the next day, it's not getting touched for a while, if I don't just give it to someone else who will drink it, as I've been known to do.
Last time I got a hangover and I still had a bottle of mint schnapps, so I gave it to my brother in exchange for him to get me a bottle of V8.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #44
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Fuck! It ... blew up?! Like ... in such a way that data recovery is completely out of question? Because that'd be terrible if you just completely lost all that stuff. I make a point of storing all my photographs in two places, and shall soon make that three.
I wasn't awake, but there was "black smoke" and the house surely smells of it.

My father's taking the hard drive to tech people at his business to see if there's any chance of getting data off it.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hell yes.

i wish i could have done this, i couldn't take any with me to europe though. i did enjoyably read in the last 4 weeks:

4-5 issues of the economist
collapse by jared diamond
travnik chronicles (bosnia chronicles) by ivo andric, bosnian nobel winner
100 years of solitude
eats, shoots and leaves.

for my travels i have "disposable" books aka books i don't mind throwing out for weight reasons, or leaving at a hostel or trading or whatever:
2 grisham books, dumb but fun
some random book i got from parents' friends' bookswap that looks mediocre but entertaining
beirut to jerusalem by whatshisname ofthe lexus and the olive tree/new york times
a ton of ny times science sections that i saved last semester when i didn't have time to read them, also conveniently disposable

ok there is definitely another english class going on here, so it isn't closing.

Tags
superthread