Crap, Albania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i once had to wait in like 95-100 degrees for a van to fill up, and you can't get out cause if people don't see people in it sometimes they'll do other stuff. it's shitty. apparently in albania there's a similar system.

meals - well, they have breakfast and then eat a pretty big meal around 3 or 4. it varies from family to family as it does anywhere. people often also have a snack in between breakfast and the big meal ("lunch") and/or a snack at like 8 or 9pm. but not necessarily. most of us brought sandwiches to school to tide us over until lunch around 4, but last weekw ith my new host mom i didn't, partly cause i was too lazy/polite to ask and partly cause her lunches are so big i'd rather have been hungry for a while than even more overfull in the end.

I'd probably just end up trying to give the driver more money to leave now! :lol:

Ah, right. I could live with a system like that. I seem to only eat two meals now with snacks in between. Partly because I can't decide what on earth I'd actually like for breakfast in the first place.

I never fully trust Apple to do anything. I'm wary that they could come up with some bullshit.

i've heard they actually do this.

besides, your itunes account password can be used to lisence 5 machines to play/download your music. my ex uses it to share with his home computer and a few friends.

I'm just hoping it wasn't a virus or something that I could have done that did it.

i do like having the bigger meal earlier than 7pm, but i like more snacks. a homestay is just awkward with food, so whatever. i will now be eating when i can, i have plenty of trail mix weighing my bag down.

Can I have have one of my own drunk posts as my sig? What are the rules on that?

:lmao: I made such an ass of myself...

:lol: Go for it. Khan took that post of mine and added it to her own sig, then the one phanan's using? That was added by Khan while he was asleep! When he posted in the morning, he was wondering where the hell it came from, but has kept it because he thinks it's funny.

I'm sure if you DON'T add one of your drunk posts to your sig, Khan may just do it for you. :wink:

Yeah, if I were you, I'd go for Saturday as the celebratory day, just for the convenience. Stay up past midnight and it counts as your proper birthday anyway!

Ooh, sorry, I worded that badly. I mean books of my own that I was reading in April, but then in late April and through all of May and June, my reading was occupied with university stuff, and now I'd like to return to those books I'd been reading for leisure. But yeah, I tend to hold onto stuff as much as I can. I have some railway books out on these 90 day loans that are very handy, but I often shoot past the due date because I feel like I've come to own the damn things! :lol:
:yes: I stay up past midnight on a regular basis anyway, I will just need to be careful to NOT get a hangover. Because that would be bad on my birthday.

Aha, it's alright. I tend to read things the wrong way anyway. :lol:
That's kinda how I ended up seeing it! I'd be used to the book just lying around and I'd forget to take it in 'cause it'd feel like it was mine! That and being a packrat kinda helps that.

Geez, Pfan, that really sucks. Sorry to hear about it.

I don't really have anything to add though, sorry. I have no idea what goes on with computers. They are like boxes of magic.

Where does this option for revealing hidden files come up?
hmmmmmm right click the folder and say get info.

i had my old pc laptop set so all hidden folders and files were shown at all times, i think if you use the explore program and say tools > folder options you'll get somewhere.

lifehacker.com may also have some advice if you use the right search terms.

hahah the english teacher (who is bosnian) has pretty good english, a more boring class than the one we ran, but not perfect english - the aforementioned pronunciation problem plus she has problems with using articles, as most bosnians do. this is a weird class cause the kids are like 13-20something.

hmmmmmm right click the folder and say get info.

i had my old pc laptop set so all hidden folders and files were shown at all times, i think if you use the explore program and say tools > folder options you'll get somewhere.

lifehacker.com may also have some advice if you use the right search terms.

Which folder is this? The iTunes music folder or the folder of the drive when the iPod is connected to the computer?

btw serenavox, hi, i've never "met" you, welcome to the superthread. what is your purity score, where are you from, etc?

Which folder is this? The iTunes music folder or the folder of the drive when the iPod is connected to the computer?
folder of ipod drive if you are rightclicking the folder, but if you do the tools folder options as ax and i said, it will show all hidden folders and files at all times.

:yes: I stay up past midnight on a regular basis anyway, I will just need to be careful to NOT get a hangover. Because that would be bad on my birthday.

Aha, it's alright. I tend to read things the wrong way anyway. :lol:
That's kinda how I ended up seeing it! I'd be used to the book just lying around and I'd forget to take it in 'cause it'd feel like it was mine! That and being a packrat kinda helps that.

I'm kind of surprised I can drink 7-9 glasses of wine and not be hungover! Handy, really.

My university has a huge library network on campus, and one of the libraries is currently undergoing renovations. So they've encouraged people to take out books on long loans so that they don't need as much shelf space. I've taken total advantage of that and have almost every Kiwi railway book in the entire system sitting on the couch behind me right now. I'm very, very tempted to go and offer them money for a couple of the books that I know I won't find anywhere.

:lol: Go for it. Khan took that post of mine and added it to her own sig, then the one phanan's using? That was added by Khan while he was asleep! When he posted in the morning, he was wondering where the hell it came from, but has kept it because he thinks it's funny.

I'm sure if you DON'T add one of your drunk posts to your sig, Khan may just do it for you. :wink:
U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Beer, Devon Superthread

This one.

btw serenavox, hi, i've never "met" you, welcome to the superthread. what is your purity score, where are you from, etc?

The master list:

Screwtape2: 98%
U2democrat: 95%
major_panic: 94%
phillyfan26: 84%
bono_212, COBL_04, coolian2, Lemonchick, unico: 83%
LemonMelon: 82%
jobob: 79%
Alisaura: 77%
LemonMacPhisto: 73%
JanuaryStar: 72%
Serena Vox: 70%
Axver: 69%
partygirlvox: 68%
Pearl: 67%
bono_man2002, RegularBonoFan: 62%
The Sad Punk: 60%
corianderstem: 56%
blueeyedgirl, indra, Lila64, TranceEnding: 55%
RavenBlue: 54%
Zootlesque: 53%
No Spoken Words: 52%
DreamOutLoud13, liamcool: 50%
Its Britastic!: 48%
Eazy-V: 43%
the tourist was 40-50%?
KhanadaRhodes: 41%
BoMac, phanan: 40%
elevated_u2_fan: 38%
Angela Harlem: 34%
cinnaminson: 33%
gluey, LarryMullen's POPAngel: 28%
Dalton: 25%
Varitek: 23%
RedRocksU2: 19%
mysterious_jen: 17%

Well, I guess the first thing to do is to download iTunes onto the family computer downstairs.

yay now it says the right time!

i like this new english thing that is starting at the library ON MY LAST DAY HERE making it open later so i have more internet time. but i should really get going. i just don't wanna tear myself away. outside imposed limits on my itnernet addiction may have been a very good thing.

i still have not seen phanan's sig...

And, yes, Vazza, my purity score has dropped.
excellent, do email me about it (not yourwildhorses, but my regular email, i'm not checking yourwildhorses). did my advice help? probably not, but i'd like to think i wasn't wasting that 1-2 hour chunk of time with that conversation i had with elmel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom